SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#422654 - 06/28/16 12:46 PM PA 4X Keep It? Sell It? Return It?
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Who on this forum:

Bought a PA4X and kept it?

Bought a PA 4X unit and sold it or is trying to sell t? Or tried it and returned it?

Care to share?

Tx

#422655 - 06/28/16 02:07 PM Re: PA 4X Keep It? Sell It? Return It? [Re: guitpic1]
Korgman5
Unregistered

I bought a Pa4X 76 note keyboard and am enjoying it. I have no reason to sell it. Lloyd

#422659 - 06/28/16 03:59 PM Re: PA 4X Keep It? Sell It? Return It? [Re: ]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: Korgman5
I bought a Pa4X 76 note keyboard and am enjoying it. I have no reason to sell it. Lloyd

Plus 1!

#422661 - 06/28/16 04:56 PM Re: PA 4X Keep It? Sell It? Return It? [Re: Stephenm52]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
I bought a PA4X and am trying to sell mine. So far no takers.

Deane

#422663 - 06/28/16 05:40 PM Re: PA 4X Keep It? Sell It? Return It? [Re: hammer]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi
Suppose sometimes we buy a keyboard and until one actually spends a bit of time on it, it's hard to tell if it suits or not. Trying it out in a store doesn't really give enough time to evaluate.

Out of the close to 100 or so keyboards, synths , samplers , sound modules etc I've owned over the last 30 years, I can only remember one ( a Yamaha keyboard back in the late 80's I think ) that I ever handed back a couple of days after I bought it. It just did not do what I had expected, and I had bought it sight unseen.
Functions and features sounded better in print , than in reality.
For someone else it might have been the perfect keyboard.

Edited by rikkisbears (06/28/16 05:53 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#422668 - 06/28/16 07:50 PM Re: PA 4X Keep It? Sell It? Return It? [Re: rikkisbears]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Rikki,
Your post echoes my experience with the PA4X. It really is a very good keyboard and the functions built into it are rather amazing. The only reason I am selling it has to do with the styles Korg has put on this keyboard. I auditioned every single one of them and very few fit the genre of music I am playing for my audiences. I also have owned and gigged with the PA1X, PA2X Pro, PA900, and even the Microarranger. All those had onboard styles that supported the older songs I play.

Anyway, that is why I am selling. Rikki, I checked the cost of shipping the PA4X to Australia and Wow was it a shock - nearly a 1000 US dollars with the insurance.

Deane

#422673 - 06/28/16 09:39 PM Re: PA 4X Keep It? Sell It? Return It? [Re: hammer]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
Rikki,
Your post echoes my experience with the PA4X. It really is a very good keyboard and the functions built into it are rather amazing. The only reason I am selling it has to do with the styles Korg has put on this keyboard. I auditioned every single one of them and very few fit the genre of music I am playing for my audiences. I also have owned and gigged with the PA1X, PA2X Pro, PA900, and even the Microarranger. All those had onboard styles that supported the older songs I play.

Anyway, that is why I am selling. Rikki, I checked the cost of shipping the PA4X to Australia and Wow was it a shock - nearly a 1000 US dollars with the insurance.

Deane

How about getting those older styles back as user styles? The styles should be available for download somewhere?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#422675 - 06/28/16 10:57 PM Re: PA 4X Keep It? Sell It? Return It? [Re: hammer]
rikkisbears Offline

Originally Posted By: hammer
Rikki,

Deane

Hi Deane,
as to what Bachus mentioned,
I have a heap of factory styles from the older korgs. All sorted into genres and duplicates removed. Haven't tweaked them, but a lot of them sound quite reasonable. I only tweak those as required if there's a use for it. If there's any missing from the pa3x that you were using, I could save you a copy. Not having a pa4x , I wouldn't know what styles they've dropped.

Also have some user and song styles I converted from my PSR and Band in a Box, they have been tweaked . They're mainly ballads and a bit of swing. I really only play older style music, matches my age. Haha. . Happy to send them to you to ftry while you're waiting to sell your pa4x.

I've sent a copy to a couple of other members, and unless they were just being polite, I think they found some of them useful.

That's why I mentioned pity we don't live closer. Haha , wouldn't only be shipping costs, our dollar has devalued to 73 cents against your dollar and our voltage is different to yours

Anyway, if you'd like a copy, just email me..

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#422684 - 06/29/16 02:37 AM Re: PA 4X Keep It? Sell It? Return It? [Re: rikkisbears]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I am one of those people, and, thanks to Rikki, have a fine collection of user styles.

As to the original question, I find the PA4X to be the best board I have ever owned.

Bernie

#422691 - 06/29/16 05:27 AM Re: PA 4X Keep It? Sell It? Return It? [Re: Bernie9]
rikkisbears Offline

Wow Bernie,
best ever keyboard.
I'm still dropping hints left ,right and centre at home , hopefully soon. Haha

Meanwhile I fine tuned that Brubeck style, noticed the fills weren't as smooth as they could have been. Also just finished another one. I'll send them on.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online