SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#422831 - 07/02/16 11:13 AM Re: PA 4X Keep It? Sell It? Return It? [Re: Uncle Dave]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By: rosetree
Does it have to be the bar shape? How about these, my favourite mini studio monitors

The rub is how they fit into the setup - where would I position them? Are they small enough to sit on either end of my keyboard etc? I think a bar with a woofer might be a pretty good compromise

No, they won't fit onto the corners of the PA-4X. The Bose MusicMonitor would, but they don't get very loud, just enough for enjoying music at the computer. - Although, for pure monitoring they might be enough.
But if a separate lightweight subwoofer is ok for you, I think I have a very good solution, IF this model is available in the US:
Bose Companion 50 (not '5').
I own one. The top speakers have very small stands so they fit on the PA-4X. The subwoofer only weighs 4.5 kg or 10 lbs.
Strangely, according to the US bose website, they still sell the old, heavier model 'Companion 5', whereas here in Europe the 'Companion 50' with the lightweight subwoofer is available.
https://www.bose.de/de_de/products/speak...ker-system.html

Edited by rosetree (07/02/16 11:24 AM)

#422832 - 07/02/16 11:23 AM Re: PA 4X Keep It? Sell It? Return It? [Re: hammer]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: hammer
Ok guys, I've been working my tail off with this thing and it will go out on it's first gig
today. I'll video it and post a link. So far I have about 80 songs setup in the songbook. I deleted all the factory supplied songs and added the ones I'll use for a gig. With all of your help I was able to get some of the octave problems resolved and added different sounds to the sound sets. Certainly not a finished product but a good step forward I would say.
Deane

Knock 'em dead, Deanne ...
Reading the positive posts from PA 4x owners, I sometimes get jealous, but then I realize that my Pa900 does everything I need it to do ... I played a 2 hour 50's gig with my guitar playing pal in NJ this past Wednesday ... over 200 people for an outdoor concert ... I had edited a good number of styles, adding instrumentation with the Multi-Pads, changing voices, and recording additional accomp parts in the styles, etc. ... the KB responded beautifully ... plus, when not out on a gig, the KB is set up in the house and with the on-board speakers all I have to do is put the KB on a stand and plug it in and it is ready for use ...

Deanne, I am somewhat surprised that you deleted all the factory songs, as I have found that to be a good resource for finding styles for certain songs ...

#422834 - 07/02/16 11:35 AM Re: PA 4X Keep It? Sell It? Return It? [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Ok guys, I've been working my tail off with this thing and it will go out on it's first gig
today. I'll video it and post a link. So far I have about 80 songs setup in the songbook. I deleted all the factory supplied songs and added the ones I'll use for a gig. With all of your help I was able to get some of the octave problems resolved and added different sounds to the sound sets. Certainly not a finished product but a good step forward I would say.
Deane

Reading the positive posts from PA 4x owners, I sometimes get jealous, but then I realize that my Pa900 does everything I need it to do ... I played a 2 hour 50's gig with my guitar playing pal in NJ this past Wednesday ... over 200 people for an outdoor concert ... I had edited a good number of styles, adding instrumentation with the Multi-Pads, changing voices, and recording additional accomp parts in the styles, etc. ... the KB responded beautifully ... plus, when not out on a gig, the KB is set up in the house and with the on-board speakers all I have to do is put the KB on a stand and plug it in and it is ready for use ...

Deanne, I am somewhat surprised that you deleted all the factory songs, as I have found that to be a good resource for finding styles for certain songs ...

Pics videos? confused1

#422837 - 07/02/16 11:51 AM Re: PA 4X Keep It? Sell It? Return It? [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Deane

Pics videos? confused1

Donny ... if that was meant for me, I will post a couple of pics when I have time next week ... Someone took some vids and I am hoping to get those soon also ...

#422854 - 07/02/16 08:52 PM Re: PA 4X Keep It? Sell It? Return It? [Re: ]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Does it have to be the bar shape? How about these, my favourite mini studio monitors

The rub is how they fit into the setup - where would I position them? Are they small enough to sit on either end of my keyboard etc? I think a bar with a woofer might be a pretty good compromise

No, they won't fit onto the corners of the PA-4X. The Bose MusicMonitor would, but they don't get very loud, just enough for enjoying music at the computer. - Although, for pure monitoring they might be enough.
But if a separate lightweight subwoofer is ok for you, I think I have a very good solution, IF this model is available in the US:
Bose Companion 50 (not '5').
I own one. The top speakers have very small stands so they fit on the PA-4X. The subwoofer only weighs 4.5 kg or 10 lbs.
Strangely, according to the US bose website, they still sell the old, heavier model 'Companion 5', whereas here in Europe the 'Companion 50' with the lightweight subwoofer is available.
https://www.bose.de/de_de/products/speak...ker-system.html

Looking into just such items! Thanks

#422857 - 07/02/16 09:54 PM Re: PA 4X Keep It? Sell It? Return It? [Re: hammer]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
today. I'll video it and post a link.
Deane

Congratulations Deane,
Look forward to your video.

Edited by rikkisbears (07/02/16 09:55 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#422862 - 07/03/16 04:58 AM Re: PA 4X Keep It? Sell It? Return It? [Re: hammer]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri

Deane

Looking forward to your report

smile

#422887 - 07/03/16 11:05 AM Re: PA 4X Keep It? Sell It? Return It? [Re: guitpic1]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Well, the first PA4X gig went ok - not great but ok. I took pictures of my setup - included here - movies of the gig - and an audio recording of the gig. Right now I don't have time to process the movies or audio stuff but I will in a day or two and post a link to it for anyone interested.

A quick word about the venue. The dinning room is very small. This is a wonderful, very elite, nearly one care person to one resident venue. The people eat dinner and leave. I got this gig because a family requested me and I am paid extremely well for the hour - triple my normal rate. I have been playing for them for 3 years now.

By way, pictures of residents are strictly forbidden. In the video you will see the frame is such that no person could be seen.

See the attached pictures for my setup.

Deane

Attachments
Room.JPG

Setup 2.jpg

Keyboard.jpg

Setup.jpg

#422891 - 07/03/16 11:51 AM Re: PA 4X Keep It? Sell It? Return It? [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

nice pics Dean.....boy thats a room size I would only use the S970 by itself with onboard speakers.....btw how do you compare the SD7 to the Pa4x

#422895 - 07/03/16 01:42 PM Re: PA 4X Keep It? Sell It? Return It? [Re: guitpic1]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Well, I got some of the video processed. For those interested here is the link.
https://youtu.be/QKfQznJyGwM

Donny, in my opinion, the PA4X does not come close to competing with the Ketron SD7.
Sorry if that offends anyone here but that is how I see, hear, it. Keep in mind I don't care about all the fancy features - I am an arranger player - not a composer - I don't use samples, I never use midi files, and the only time I DJ is if my setup fails to work at the gig. I much prefer the rhythm sections of the SD7 styles to the PA4X - seem much more real to me. Anyway, that is just my opinion.

Deane

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online