SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#426720 - 10/05/16 03:47 PM Re: This is the moment ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

If you're gigging it's what the audience likes always... If you wanna keep making $$$

#426721 - 10/05/16 05:10 PM Re: This is the moment ... [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Originally Posted By: Dnj
If you're gigging it's what the audience likes always... If you wanna keep making $$$

I play for the audience in public, and for myself at home.

I enjoy the best of both worlds.

Edited by Jerryghr (10/05/16 05:11 PM)

#426722 - 10/05/16 05:20 PM Re: This is the moment ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Exactly Jerry, they'll make you or break you always, .....

#426731 - 10/05/16 10:29 PM Re: This is the moment ... [Re: bruno123]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By: bruno123
It's like have a new kid or a new wife --oooops, should not have said that.

Three strikes ... I'm OUT!

#426736 - 10/06/16 04:55 AM Re: This is the moment ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By: bruno123
It's like have a new kid or a new wife --oooops, should not have said that.

Three strikes ... I'm OUT!

Dave,
"ONE is the Loneliest Number"....
Never give up, there's someone for everyone......
just sayin.........

That said personally I have been taking my time methodically setting up the KORG Pa4x which by the way sounds really amazing! The workflow is smooth and logical compared to all my previous KORG arrangers & it lets the user if you dig in edit and tweak till your hearts content. The TC VH is simply astonishing compared to anything Yamaha ever produced..& for a singer player its total bliss. I was in a boring playing lull until I got the Pa4x, it really inspires and excites the senses every time you turn it on.
keys

good luck

PS,...would love to hear your version of this song also Dave one of these days I know you'll kill it as usual!! :-)

Edited by Dnj (10/06/16 10:06 AM)

#426765 - 10/06/16 07:56 PM Re: This is the moment ... [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
...would love to hear your version of this song also Dave one of these days I know you'll kill it as usual!! :-)

If you're talking about "This is the Moment" ... I've tried on several occasions, and I can't make peace with it. Without doing the octave jump at the end, if looses all it's punch, and I can't find a key that lets me handle both ends of the range, with the power it requires. I admire those who can do it ... except David Hasselhoff. smile

#426766 - 10/06/16 08:03 PM Re: This is the moment ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
To try something different, I returned to guitar on gigs a few weeks ago, after regular arranger playing for the past several years. While refreshing with lots of positive comments from the restaurant staff, I really miss not having all those great registrations to play around with. To me, solo guitar gets boring after an entire evening of the same instrument sound. Although the backing tracks sound great----wav files created on a Tyros 5 and played from a tablet. Works extremely well for solo jobs.

#426773 - 10/07/16 05:21 AM Re: This is the moment ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
...would love to hear your version of this song also Dave one of these days I know you'll kill it as usual!! :-)

If you're talking about "This is the Moment" ... I've tried on several occasions, and I can't make peace with it. Without doing the octave jump at the end, if looses all it's punch, and I can't find a key that lets me handle both ends of the range, with the power it requires. I admire those who can do it ... except David Hasselhoff. smile

What? !!! not my hero & mentor!! Never say no!!...
I know this song is STUCK in your head Now lol...
Uncle Dave can do ANYTHING!! cool2

Edited by Dnj (10/07/16 05:40 AM)

#426785 - 10/07/16 10:28 AM Re: This is the moment ... [Re: Dnj]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Single guitar playing is GREAT. It separates the real players from the "pickers and grinners".

You have to re-voice chords, sometimes, to make it possible to play bass lines,

4 hours a night is a challenge, but completely doable. In fact, around here, I have little competition, except for the "three chorders" and Jimmy Buffet dudes. Several clubs hire me because I don't sit there with a music stand, notebook and a capo.

Lots of work, but worth it!

Russ

#426789 - 10/07/16 12:04 PM Re: This is the moment ... [Re: Uncle Dave]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
This Is The Moment...

https://youtu.be/a5gAGCuL5_4

Track was arranged by me on the Yamaha Motif XF. I won a big TV with this song. Now, all I need to do is to sell my PSR-S970 and invest into my next musical moment!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online