SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#42731 - 07/15/02 05:13 PM Re: KN7000
Derek Ladkin Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Thanks Alec,
It was really remiss of me not to remember some of the names because they were all fantastic performers and did a really good job of putting the keyboards through their paces.( you didn't get the 'phone number then ;-) )
I guess it is difficult for you to give details of the 7000 at this point in time Vs your forthcoming review for Technote.
So be patient all you guys !

I've had a note from my local dealer to say that at the end of July they are putting on a free training clinic again for using and understanding Technics instruments. The last one I attended was excellent and a Technics demonstrator took the sessions, which were all full.
I hope to get to this one and perhaps a 7000 will be there. This is just the thing, I feel, which will keep Technics in touch with customers and benefit both.

Bill and I also had a chat with Jerry O'Hara(?) of the design team and we mentioned the possibility of a Ritardando facility. I thought it could be done on a similar basis as the Fade out, ie on pressing the button the tempo is slowed over a designated number of bars. He said he would look into this. We went on to mention other things and it was most interesting and helpful that we were able to talk to him in this informal way. I hope this can continue on similar occasions.

Well , I must sort out my best suit and hope to impress my bank manager !!

Best wishes

Derek

Quote:
Originally posted by technicsplayer:
The excellent singer was Sara Raybould and she was accompanied by Andy Smith. Simon Hampshire alternated with Paul Thirkettle, and you already mentioned that Phil Leader danced on the pedals faster than his fingers!

#42732 - 07/16/02 05:52 PM Re: KN7000
Derek Ladkin Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Mike,
I assume the downloads will be available on www.technicskn7000.com

Several other sites were mentioned for down loading backing tracks from Live bands ie not from disks prepared for keyboards,direct to the 7000 via the USB link, at a charge. I'm afraid it was not on the demo screen long enough to get them written down.

Regards,
Derek

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike Daniell:

It is especially good news that there will be a web site - did they supply the URL and an indication of when it will be online?

Mike[/B]

#42733 - 07/16/02 07:14 PM Re: KN7000
Mike Daniell Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Thanks for the info, Derek. I'll keep an eye on that site. I've already registered there but have never received an email from them.

My dealer (who I have placed my order with) had a KN7000 in his store for about 2 1/2 hours on Monday - it is apparently being whisked around dealers in Australia. While it was there he took orders and deposits for the KN7000 from two people who happened to be in the store at the time. Can't wait.

Mike

#42734 - 07/17/02 04:47 AM Re: KN7000
technicsplayer Offline

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online