SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#435039 - 07/25/17 02:15 PM Re: Am I the only one not using Arranger "songs" [Re: Steve A]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Maybe it's time to get those eyes worked on, Donny. I can see that screen just fine from any position on the S-850, the font is more than adequate size for my old eyes, and I no longer wear glasses since I had my cataract operation 4 years ago. As for the automatic transpose, I just put that information into the title of the song, hit the transpose button and go. And I can do that while the prior song is ending without having any effect on the song until I hit a key, at which point it's instantaneous. I'll put my dead time between songs up against anyone.

You'll be back! wink

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#435040 - 07/25/17 02:21 PM Re: Am I the only one not using Arranger "songs" [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy

You'll be back! wink

Gary cool

It's been like three days already.....he may already be back smile smile. Keep an eye on that Signature smile.

chas

#435041 - 07/25/17 02:22 PM Re: Am I the only one not using Arranger "songs" [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Maybe it's time to get those eyes worked on, Donny. I can see that screen just fine from any position on the S-850, the font is more than adequate size for my old eyes, and I no longer wear glasses since I had my cataract operation 4 years ago. As for the automatic transpose, I just put that information into the title of the song, hit the transpose button and go. And I can do that while the prior song is ending without having any effect on the song until I hit a key, at which point it's instantaneous. I'll put my dead time between songs up against anyone.

You'll be back! wink

Gary cool

Gary,....at least we agree to disagree,..we all do it different.
Lets just leave it at that.

#435053 - 07/26/17 06:09 AM Re: Am I the only one not using Arranger "songs" [Re: Dnj]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Donny,

While you're on the subject of differences between Yamaha and Korg, perhaps you wouldn't mind telling us the reason for your switch to Korg and your impressions of the pros and cons between the two systems.

#435055 - 07/26/17 06:53 AM Re: Am I the only one not using Arranger "songs" [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
Donny,

While you're on the subject of differences between Yamaha and Korg, perhaps you wouldn't mind telling us the reason for your switch to Korg and your impressions of the pros and cons between the two systems.

Tracy I've had and performed with both Yamaha & KORG and many others so many times before including this second KORG Pa4x...although being a Pro KB player for 20 years before the first arrangers even came to market I actually started with my first "Arranger KB which was a KORG SAS20 in the early 80's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOyD0TTWzdI

I was always a KORG Guy before that I was using a KORG M1, T2, for years also in bands,....Thru the years I've owned every iSeries i3, i30, & Pa Series Pa60.80.500,etc,....and the same goes for Yamahas Psr,S Tyros series, and Ketron X1, X9, SD1, SD5 SD7, Roland G1000, G70, BK5, and so many more,.....now back to your question of Korg VS Yamaha in today's world,.....sound and style wise I feel are both up to par but each has its own signature sound which is preferable to each player both are amazing if you know how to set them up. For me it comes down to "Navigational Features" in live play for MY playing style.That includes since Im a Singer first and a player second many things that the Pa4x has on-board that suit my needs more then the Yamaha: S970.

These are a few KORG features made me switch back,

Large Color Tilt up touch Display, metal build, Songbook, TC Helicon VH, on deck Sliders & buttons, EDS-X (Enhanced Definition Synthesis-eXpanded)Filters with Resonance - Three band EQ for each track, 128 Voices, 128 Oscillators, Final Mastering Effects: Waves Audio Ltd. MAXX Suite, Full Edit, Time Slice, Sampling feature, Guitar Mode 2,MIDI Song to Style Converter, Chord Sequence recorder in Style Play mode, KAOSS Automatic MIDI FX generator, Double MP3 Player and MP3 Recorder, Markers with Add, Delete, Edit and Loop functions,Jukebox function,Four Assignable Pads + Stop Buttons,Pad Record function,Mic: Combo XLR balanced with Gain control and Phantom Power, 550 Factory Styles, freely reconfigurable sets, and I know it's silly and NO Wall WART wink , for starters I can go on and on many of these features were reasons that swayed my opinion to go back to KORG vs Yamaha which I had to use many workarounds to get the desired needs filled on stage,....after years in the deep trenches most of my playing now has been in studio recording different projects, and KORG offers the tools to suit my needs musically combines with VST's, DAW, etc,... That said, in the "playing out" as a solo musician/singer OMB scenario, this is where the Yamaha S970 shines and is more then capable to perform with the best of them to a point depending on your needs of course. That said, today's arrangers can be made to sound terriffic no doubt its all up to what your looking for, ....but for me it's the "features & navigation while I'm playing". Imo at this time I just think that KORG is on a faster track toward the future of music then Yamaha, I hope I didn't confuse you too much but this is how I feel and I tried to answer as honestly and thoroughly as possible from my perspective....

Take care,

keys

Edited by Dnj (07/26/17 09:42 AM)

#435063 - 07/26/17 08:32 AM Re: Am I the only one not using Arranger "songs" [Re: Steve A]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
In the end, you have to please yourself, despite well meaning opinions to the contrary.

#435064 - 07/26/17 08:40 AM Re: Am I the only one not using Arranger "songs" [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
In the end, you have to please yourself, despite well meaning opinions to the contrary.

Your very wise friend Bernie...talk soon right now Im updating
to v.2 cool2 wink

#435065 - 07/26/17 08:41 AM Re: Am I the only one not using Arranger "songs" [Re: Steve A]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Thanks Donny for your interesting reply-much appreciated and good luck with the new arranger! smile

#435066 - 07/26/17 08:48 AM Re: Am I the only one not using Arranger "songs" [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
Thanks Donny for your interesting reply-much appreciated and good luck with the new arranger! smile

Tracy your very welcome...if you need anything just shout!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online