Also sound examples genos vs tyros.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lf7TMoUJu98

regards,

notlos

Edited by notlos (11/14/17 07:48 AM)

#440859 - 11/14/17 08:35 AM Re: Styles Genos vs Tyros [Re: notlos]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
There is no question that the drums are better, and there seems to be more spacial separation, but it seems to me that the whole volume is higher on the Genos, blurring the real difference. So it seems to me, anyway.

#440860 - 11/14/17 08:58 AM Re: Styles Genos vs Tyros [Re: Bernie9]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
There is no question that the drums are better, and there seems to be more spacial separation, but it seems to me that the whole volume is higher on the Genos, blurring the real difference. So it seems to me, anyway.

The keyboard volumes are the same... just the styles volume on the Genos is louder then on the tyros.. this is preprogrammed... the styles on the Genos have much more pressure because of this.... and thats only possible (peter Baartmans explained) because there is much more spacial sepperation between the backing sounds..

When you put style volume on the tyros as loud as on the Genos, it tends to overgrow the solo parts...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#440861 - 11/14/17 11:06 AM Re: Styles Genos vs Tyros [Re: notlos]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
If you say so, but there is always s balance control regardless of the overall volume setting.

#440862 - 11/14/17 11:13 AM Re: Styles Genos vs Tyros [Re: notlos]
Dnj Offline

But is the difference worth the price vs T5/ if so why?

#440863 - 11/14/17 11:47 AM Re: Styles Genos vs Tyros [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
But is the difference worth the price vs T5/ if so why?

I think thats something everyone needs to decide for himself..

#440865 - 11/14/17 12:50 PM Re: Styles Genos vs Tyros [Re: notlos]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
I went to Frank’s store today to demo the Genos, all I can say is I was impressed! The real plus was that he had a Pa4x stacked on top of the Genos. I did the A/B test and no surprise the Genos excels in some ways and the Pa4x in other ways. Both are superb keyboards but I think we know that anyway. In my opinion the the Genos sounds better than the T5, is it worth the price? To my ears yes, if ya got the budget go for it. I also understand Genos is now on backorder.

#440866 - 11/14/17 02:01 PM Re: Styles Genos vs Tyros [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Stephenm52
I went to Frank’s store today to demo the Genos, all I can say is I was impressed! The real plus was that he had a Pa4x stacked on top of the Genos. I did the A/B test and no surprise the Genos excels in some ways and the Pa4x in other ways. Both are superb keyboards but I think we know that anyway. In my opinion the the Genos sounds better than the T5, is it worth the price? To my ears yes, if ya got the budget go for it. I also understand Genos is now on backorder.

Not surprised at your findings at all it really says something for the KORG Pa4x which bows to no other unit today,....but for so much less money and the quality features KORG the Tc helicon VH for starters, etc, etc, etc, offers, it's a no brainer....buy hey like you say if you wanna spend big $$$$ go for it..... enjoy

Ps and the fact that you didnt take one home Steve like you always do says alot too....lololol...just sayin cool2

Edited by Dnj (11/14/17 02:02 PM)

#440867 - 11/14/17 03:02 PM Re: Styles Genos vs Tyros [Re: notlos]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
The volume on the Genos has been deliberately boosted more than the tyros . Similarly the Genoa sound has been equalised to boost the bass and drum to give it a more live sound. And the balance of the instruments on the tyros has been messed with . This is dishonest marketing . I don’t know what the instruments would sound like next to each other but the tyros 5 does not sound as dull as that comparison . Listen to the tyros 5 main demonstration when they were trying to sell it https://youtu.be/hA4BRH_DCsE.

Drums and bass sound great and the styles are properly equalised and balanced . Nothing like the Genos and tyros comparison .

#440868 - 11/14/17 03:18 PM Re: Styles Genos vs Tyros [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By Stephenm52

Not surprised at your findings at all it really says something for the KORG Pa4x which bows to no other unit today,....but for so much less money and the quality features KORG the Tc helicon VH for starters, etc, etc, etc, offers, it's a no brainer....buy hey like you say if you wanna spend big $$$$ go for it..... enjoy

Ps and the fact that you didnt take one home Steve like you always do says alot too....lololol...just sayin cool2

Donny, I didn't plan on taking one home ( yup that's unusual for me) but I just had to try one for myself.

#440869 - 11/14/17 03:20 PM Re: Styles Genos vs Tyros [Re: spalding1968]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By spalding1968
The volume on the Genos has been deliberately boosted more than the tyros . Similarly the Genoa sound has been equalised to boost the bass and drum to give it a more live sound. And the balance of the instruments on the tyros has been messed with . This is dishonest marketing . I don’t know what the instruments would sound like next to each other but the tyros 5 does not sound as dull as that comparison . Listen to the tyros 5 main demonstration when they were trying to sell it https://youtu.be/hA4BRH_DCsE.

Drums and bass sound great and the styles are properly equalised and balanced . Nothing like the Genos and tyros comparison .

Spalding I suppose if he had a T5 in the mix that would have been an ulitmate test. smile

#440870 - 11/14/17 03:22 PM Re: Styles Genos vs Tyros [Re: spalding1968]
dud Online   content

Loc: israel
the whole sound of genos is more bright and crystal , maybe if you will change the eq of the tyrus in the mixer and in the edite mode ' you will get almost the same sound in the styles and patches.

#440871 - 11/14/17 04:15 PM Re: Styles Genos vs Tyros [Re: dud]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By dud
the whole sound of genos is more bright and crystal , maybe if you will change the eq of the tyrus in the mixer and in the edite mode ' you will get almost the same sound in the styles and patches.

Err, I'm not saying you're right or wrong I don't have enough time in the cockpit to comment. Frankieve would be the guy who could tell you since he plays in about 4 different bands and the T5 was his go to board, but it's now the Genos.

#440874 - 11/14/17 07:40 PM Re: Styles Genos vs Tyros [Re: Stephenm52]
mdorantes Offline

Loc: Queretaro, Mexico
Gentleman:

I have the Tyros 5 (61) and also de Genos.....if you re-call, the word "Headroom".....that is one of the things Genos has a lot more over the T5.....also there is a great separation of each part on the sounds on the styles, and is so much clear in the Genos, not matter how much you may EQ or play with the volumes/balances on the T5, the Genos has a sound of it`s own.

The new Revo Drum Sets, new beautiful Pianos, new Acoustic Guitars (Dobro, Steel, etc), many, many new sounds, more and better DSPs, the list can go on.....the difference you can ONLY experience, is having both next to each other and then, is VERY obvious, I know the Genos is not for everyone, each one of us should have what YOU like, and WORKS for you....regardless of the brand or cost.

For me, is the Genos.....

One thing I notice when people mention the Genos price, what I have not seen been said, is that the Genos is at the same price of the Tyros 5 76

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/yamaha-tyros5-76-with-sk-aw-survival-kit/j16451000000000?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=CjwKCAiAxarQBRAmEiwA6YcGKLR76agIgucjE2AcNxHMPYq4c_dtZ0jgg5BEnmpHrkgVfRHQ61sQsBoCqZ0QAvD_BwE&kwid=productads-adid^221957295827-device^c-plaid^323968728423-sku^J16451000000000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA

VS

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/...VhoCWtcQAvD_BwE

My 2 Cents.

Manuel

#440877 - 11/15/17 06:46 AM Re: Styles Genos vs Tyros [Re: mdorantes]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By mdorantes
Gentleman:

I have the Tyros 5 (61) and also de Genos.....if you re-call, the word "Headroom".....that is one of the things Genos has a lot more over the T5.....also there is a great separation of each part on the sounds on the styles, and is so much clear in the Genos, not matter how much you may EQ or play with the volumes/balances on the T5, the Genos has a sound of it`s own.

The new Revo Drum Sets, new beautiful Pianos, new Acoustic Guitars (Dobro, Steel, etc), many, many new sounds, more and better DSPs, the list can go on.....the difference you can ONLY experience, is having both next to each other and then, is VERY obvious, I know the Genos is not for everyone, each one of us should have what YOU like, and WORKS for you....regardless of the brand or cost.

For me, is the Genos.....

One thing I notice when people mention the Genos price, what I have not seen been said, is that the Genos is at the same price of the Tyros 5 76

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/yamaha-tyros5-76-with-sk-aw-survival-kit/j16451000000000?cntry=us&source=3WWRWXGP&gclid=CjwKCAiAxarQBRAmEiwA6YcGKLR76agIgucjE2AcNxHMPYq4c_dtZ0jgg5BEnmpHrkgVfRHQ61sQsBoCqZ0QAvD_BwE&kwid=productads-adid^221957295827-device^c-plaid^323968728423-sku^J16451000000000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA

VS

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/...VhoCWtcQAvD_BwE

My 2 Cents.

Manuel

Is the price really the same...

Only in the US i guess..
Europe mainland we see a 10% raise compred to T5 at release

England however has a much higher price due to the Pound falling down London Bridge after the Brexit

But then, the US was allways paying to much for their Tyros 5, so i guess its fair that the price was not raised any more.

NEver was the Youtube floated with so many video's of a new keyboard as with the Genos. There must be a reason for this?

#440881 - 11/15/17 09:53 AM Re: Styles Genos vs Tyros [Re: notlos]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Here in Norway Genos is lower priced than Tyros 5.

Both without any addons:
Tyros 5-76 | NOK 45.393,-
Genos | NOK 43.749,-

Currency today: US$1 = NOK 8,16 / €1 = NOK 9,59

Why? Don't ask me. same at several music dealers "offers".
Waiting to see 2nd hand T5 and T4 prices when Genos are in stock......
Also wonder a lot why they rised the T5 price before Genos was announced.
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#440882 - 11/15/17 09:58 AM Re: Styles Genos vs Tyros [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
The style demo is monoural. This is probably the best way to draw a comparison...but definitely makes for a lackluster demo.

#440884 - 11/15/17 03:50 PM Re: Styles Genos vs Tyros [Re: notlos]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Is the PA4X really that much cheaper to buy than Genos??
I'm thinking only a few hundred $$

#440885 - 11/15/17 04:15 PM Re: Styles Genos vs Tyros [Re: notlos]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
MAAP is $1,500 less for PA4X76. You don't have to pay MAAP for either though.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online