SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#442663 - 12/17/17 11:14 AM Re: Use Of A 2 in 1 Splitter For Bose Compact ? [Re: Bernie9]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I think the Maui's reduced horizontal angles, as compared with the 210 degrees of the Bose is an advantage. I have tried to hear cancellation, as we have discussed it before, but it isn't there. The placement of the speakers is important too of course.
The best all-in-one stereo package, as far as size an weight, has to be the Nano series. You can use one and still separate the two high-end speakers, and they are panned left and right, or you can use two and run them either stereo or dual mono. I have a set of the 300s, and they sound really good. They aren't line array, but you don't always want or need that type of coverage. They are more fiddly to set up and take down, but not bad in that respect either. I generally use them in the dual mono mode, but since I run the left output to one and the right output to the other, they indeed reproduce true stereo that way. It's a really flexible and ingenious design.
Occasionally I have them set up in one of the dining rooms where I work, and my Maui's in the Club Room, so I can do an early party and still do the regular night without moving everything.

#442666 - 12/17/17 11:25 AM Re: Use Of A 2 in 1 Splitter For Bose Compact ? [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

I totally agree with everything Don M & Fran said ..

Edited by Dnj (12/17/17 12:46 PM)

#442667 - 12/17/17 11:48 AM Re: Use Of A 2 in 1 Splitter For Bose Compact ? [Re: Bernie9]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Thanks guys

Before the thread turned to a stereo war, I gleaned what I needed.

John
Thanks for the mic tip

#442669 - 12/17/17 12:24 PM Re: Use Of A 2 in 1 Splitter For Bose Compact ? [Re: Bernie9]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I shall refrain.

#442670 - 12/17/17 12:52 PM Re: Use Of A 2 in 1 Splitter For Bose Compact ? [Re: Bernie9]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
If a player can’t tell that stereo sounds better, something’s missing somewhere. Trading my two compacts at GC tomorrow. Just want something different-----such as XLR line inputs, more EQ, and a speaker line out for the instances where I need to go to a house system.

#442671 - 12/17/17 12:55 PM Re: Use Of A 2 in 1 Splitter For Bose Compact ? [Re: J. Larry]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By J. Larry
If a player can’t tell that stereo sounds better, something’s missing somewhere. Trading my two compacts at GC tomorrow. Just want something different-----such as XLR line inputs, more EQ, and a speaker line out for the instances where I need to go to a house system.

Good luck so whats next for a sound system....

#442707 - 12/17/17 09:10 PM Re: Use Of A 2 in 1 Splitter For Bose Compact ? [Re: J. Larry]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
a speaker line out for the instances where I need to go to a house system.

Speaker out, and line out are very different - please be careful when you hook into another system. You can cause serious damage if its a mismatch.

#442724 - 12/18/17 05:19 AM Re: Use Of A 2 in 1 Splitter For Bose Compact ? [Re: J. Larry]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA

Check out the EV Evolve 50!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#442738 - 12/18/17 07:21 AM Re: Use Of A 2 in 1 Splitter For Bose Compact ? [Re: J. Larry]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri

Look at my signature. All three of my PA’s have L/R inputs. I’m sure two speakers work well. Thing is, to me, it didn’t sound like I gained much advantage with two speakers in many of the smaller rooms I played in.

On the other hand, my PA’s that accept L/R inputs, seem to sound better to me.

#442740 - 12/18/17 07:32 AM Re: Use Of A 2 in 1 Splitter For Bose Compact ? [Re: shueymusic]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Originally Posted By shueymusic

Check out the EV Evolve 50!

Evolve = 60lbs?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online