SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#44638 - 11/09/03 01:35 PM Re: How many Styles do you really need?
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Grandpa Doug, You are so right. I use the arranger to set up user drums and user basses---It changes the style into the next level. With the same style and variations, you can do so much.

I think I'll send in a demo of what I am doing with these variations. Not a song, just a style with all the possible variations I know. Hmmm!!
It would be nice if others did the same.

Great Day, John C.

#44639 - 11/10/03 01:35 PM Re: How many Styles do you really need?
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi All,

I have not used the style arranger other than to press the button that gives me a second built in set of setting. And the Sound Arranger is something I've never really even looked at. So there is still plenty for me to "fool around" with in the future.

But it does sound as if we all have fun no matter how we play or play around with our instruments.

I often put a song disk in at night and let it play me to sleep.

So keep on playing!

Heather

#44640 - 11/10/03 01:48 PM Re: How many Styles do you really need?
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi Rikki,

I've heard about Jammer but I've never really looked into it. I wrote quite a few songs back in the 70's mostly religious and they are some of the midi songs on my web site. (Although the BIAB arragments are not near as good as the original songs.) A couple of them were recorded by some local group in "Cincinnasty" (where I'm from) but they never really went any where.

I also ran a sound system for a contempory christian music group for a couple of years in the 80s.

I too get a little skiddish when I play in front of people especially if I'm playing solo. So I play mostly for myself.

I have an extensive record collection of about 1000 albums, maybe 500 45s and 300 CDs and I like just about all kinds of music.

The Record collection is because my brother worked for Warner,Electra & Atlantic for 32 years and for RCA, Captial and Motown in the 60s.

The CDs are because my partner and I were mobile DJs durining the early 90s before radio music got all screwed up.

My first computer was a TRS-80 and I remember the first time someone came from MIT to show us how they had actually sampled music on to a set of 8 inch disks.

The song was 4 minutes long and it took a total of 28 disks to hold the entire song. There were 2 disk drives and as the second disk began to play the operator would hurry up and change the first disk and so on.

How things have changed!

Ok, was that more information than you needed. LOL

Have a Great Day,
Heather

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online