Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#449660 - 03/31/18 02:57 PM Re: Genos v Tyros [Re: Eric, B]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
Plus It's Great for the economy!!!

#449664 - 03/31/18 06:08 PM Re: Genos v Tyros [Re: Sapphire]
Dnj Offline

Sorry I hit a nerve, would rather just have a friendly discussion, I assumed people DO care.
.........I did write in the OP .."Just MY Thoughts"..

Happy Easter & Passover everyone.

#449667 - 04/01/18 02:39 AM Re: Genos v Tyros [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Dnj
. I am glad I'm cured.

Hi Donny,
Glad I am too, haha

( is April the 1st here, though).

Happy Easter everyone.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#449670 - 04/01/18 04:13 AM Re: Genos v Tyros [Re: Dnj]
Brian3331 Offline

Loc: Letterkenny Ireland
Originally Posted By Dnj
All I always hear is what the Keyboard can do for you, how great this is and that is,...bla bla bla ....
now the big question and the most important of all what have you done as a player to make the way
you sound playing it better not on what you have now but in general that could be done on ANY arranger old or new? its all about playing technic & talent!!too many keep buying the latest & greatest thinking it will but, their playing never changes....
sorry for the honest truth,...just my thoughts,...I am glad I'm cured.

Well I’ll bet you’ve not even played the genos if you did you’d put your Korg up for sale because believe me your Korg won’t be anywhere near the genos I know because I tried the Korg for 2weeks

#449675 - 04/01/18 05:43 AM Re: Genos v Tyros [Re: Sapphire]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
If we imagine that keyboards can be like drugs for an addict, I was cured by rather tough Russian economy. According to a latest report, there’s about 1% of Russian people who get more than a $2000 a month. You may make a living here getting $300 a month, that won’t be fun, but a lot of people have to take this option. Well, as for me I have some recourses for now, still, have to be careful with my decisions (which usually means to make no decisions at all).

It’s not a secret that things are different around the world. Thinking about places where fights are going on right now it is, of course, seems illogical to be concerned about not having some fancy stuff. In the same time, we can imagine that any war, any aggression and any poverty is illogical, and to have a nice home with nice things is a healthy thing to wish.

But in order not to be simply naïve, I have to keep in mind, that such attractive products like Genos exist for the very reason that there’re people who want something and can pay for it. It is cool, but not a reason to turn it into some special value.

I’m biased, of course, as everyone, I want to justify why the things are one way and not the other.

Still, I want to state, that this phase “I want this thing so badly” do not last long, maybe a week or two, then you get distracted by something else and lose your goal. If you’re a player, you keep playing what you have, lose and find again your excitement, while stores keep making their sales to someone else.

After all, all these talks about Genos can make this type of addiction stronger, and I witness sometimes that buying things can be quite a serious addiction – people simply end up with depts and this “void” is still there. Therefore, it may serve a balance when every excitement about new product is met with reasonable skepticism, otherwise we’ll end up with overpriced and overvalued everything.

#449679 - 04/01/18 07:18 AM Re: Genos v Tyros [Re: Brian3331]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
The Genos is not for everyone; and I do understand it is a great keyboard. I used to buy the flagship model without having to see or hear them, and I was never disappointed. So what has changed? Why don’t you have a Genos keyboard? The answer is simple;
I am what has changed.

I thought about buying a Genos – I have a S970; sold the Pa4x and bought another one two months later – I missed it. I play the S970 most of the time although I feel the Pa4x is a better keyboard. I no longer need all those buttons and sliders and menus that lead to another understanding.

I play my last job about 2 ½ years ago; I would to go back to playing out. I am going to the gym and walking 4 to 5 times each week. The S970 is ready to go with all my stuff. I am getting ready to give it another try.

Here’s the reason for my writing this post:
After reading Donny’s posts I find myself trying to improve ME – The way I present the song, present myself, and my playing ability. I can do the job with any of the better keyboards. A N D I do not wish to spend my time learning and relearning. I am in a different season so I do not need a Genos, as good may be.

My opinion, John C.
PS, after being at one of Eddie’s Sr. jobs my mind turned. What I saw was 35% keyboard and 65% Eddie. Nice!

#449686 - 04/01/18 09:04 AM Re: Genos v Tyros [Re: Sapphire]
Bachus Offline

I think the Genos is currently the best sounding Arranger
I think the Genos has the best touchscreen interface

Is that enough for you?
What else do you need to be convinced?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#449692 - 04/01/18 11:02 AM Re: Genos v Tyros [Re: Sapphire]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
I’m not surprised that Genos seems like the best sounding arranger, because there’s no real competition in this field. But

I believe that there’s a competition between fields. I mean, it’s not like one can’t go a different direction and to buy other things. It’s not like there’s a job, which can be done only with this specific tool.

I know that, perhaps, I’m going too far, but if you just want to hear authentic voices, all you need is a MP3 player and a collection of classic music. While Genos is superior to Tyros, it’s still keyboard strings, keyboard guitars, keyboard woodwinds, etc.

So this argument, that Genos is the best sounding arranger, is quite tricky. In some way it’s Yamaha’s own universe, so each time they update their TOTL keyboard, it can be called the best one, but in fact we cannot justify such an investment only by stating that it’s better than its predecessor, we have to consider all the options which are offered by the modern world and all the challenges we have to face and see if Genos still looks like the best choice to spend money.
While going back from Genos to Tyros, I imagine, would be no fun at all, in general going from bigger to smaller can be rather practical.

We speak about “Revo Drums” but how about spending some time with no drums at all? I’m being ridiculous, you may say.

But I think it has worked for me. I got used that music can be with no drums. I may say that it has opened for me new horizons, which I don’t expect some new drums will do. In the same time I know that having Genos at home I will probably be overwhelmed, but the question is whether it’s going to be a focus, or a distraction. In the same time I know for sure that in my particular case such an investment will be for sure a mistake.

#449704 - 04/01/18 12:45 PM Re: Genos v Tyros [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
The Genos is not for everyone; and I do understand it is a great keyboard. I used to buy the flagship model without having to see or hear them, and I was never disappointed. So what has changed? Why don’t you have a Genos keyboard? The answer is simple;
I am what has changed.

I thought about buying a Genos – I have a S970; sold the Pa4x and bought another one two months later – I missed it. I play the S970 most of the time although I feel the Pa4x is a better keyboard. I no longer need all those buttons and sliders and menus that lead to another understanding.

I play my last job about 2 ½ years ago; I would to go back to playing out. I am going to the gym and walking 4 to 5 times each week. The S970 is ready to go with all my stuff. I am getting ready to give it another try.

Here’s the reason for my writing this post:
After reading Donny’s posts I find myself trying to improve ME – The way I present the song, present myself, and my playing ability. I can do the job with any of the better keyboards. A N D I do not wish to spend my time learning and relearning. I am in a different season so I do not need a Genos, as good may be.

My opinion, John C.
PS, after being at one of Eddie’s Sr. jobs my mind turned. What I saw was 35% keyboard and 65% Eddie. Nice!

John great post. Really heart felt and spot on for what is inside of you which I totally understand & have many of the same feelings as well........

Quote:
"Here’s the reason for my writing this post:

you are on the right track and I only wish you good luck getting back into the trenches again as the NEW YOU!

#449705 - 04/01/18 01:06 PM Re: Genos v Tyros [Re: Kabinopus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Kabinopus
I’m not surprised that Genos seems like the best sounding arranger, because there’s no real competition in this field. But

I believe that there’s a competition between fields. I mean, it’s not like one can’t go a different direction and to buy other things. It’s not like there’s a job, which can be done only with this specific tool.

I know that, perhaps, I’m going too far, but if you just want to hear authentic voices, all you need is a MP3 player and a collection of classic music. While Genos is superior to Tyros, it’s still keyboard strings, keyboard guitars, keyboard woodwinds, etc.

So this argument, that Genos is the best sounding arranger, is quite tricky. In some way it’s Yamaha’s own universe, so each time they update their TOTL keyboard, it can be called the best one

There is more then Yamaha...

I think pa4x comes pretty close
And other still prefer the Ketron styles

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online