SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#449817 - 04/03/18 08:28 PM Re: Bad April Fool's joke, late ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Pay absolutely no attention to Chas. Skin and fillet that sucker, dip it in an egg and milk mix, roll in fresh cracker crumbs and deep fry it till golden brown. Fat and cholesterol are the last things that you need to worry about, especially at your age. The latest studies clearly show that fat and cholesterol will not kill you. You have a better chance of dying from being shot by a jealous husband than dying of heart disease from fat or cholesterol.

Many years ago, when I worked in Cardio-Pumonary Medicine, more than 75 percent of my patients requiring bypass surgery had low or normal cholesterol levels and fat intakes. Take a look at:

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#449826 - 04/04/18 04:27 AM Re: Bad April Fool's joke, late ... [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Gary, I was only half-teasing Don, as he, on his doctor's recommendation, is still in the process of losing some weight. As a general rule, I try not to offer advice in areas in which I am not PROFESSIONALLY qualified. Also, just so I'm clear, you're saying that at a certain age, it's okay to stop eating healthy (presumably because you're going to die soon anyway?). Hmmm, I wonder how many Doctors agree with that. Mine certainly doesn't and bugs me continuously about my diet (and exercise) and I'm probably older than Don.

Hope you're right though, 'cause I'm headed down to Kentucky Fried Chicken right now for a bucket smile smile.

chas

PS: 'Do as I say, not as I do'.

Edited by cgiles (04/04/18 04:29 AM)

#449827 - 04/04/18 04:47 AM Re: Bad April Fool's joke, late ... [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
I'm headed down to Kentucky Fried Chicken right now for a bucket
chas

KFC???? confused1 when you have...

https://www.zagat.com/l/atlanta-best-fried-chicken

#449830 - 04/04/18 05:21 AM Re: Bad April Fool's joke, late ... [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Donny, Donny, Donny.....some things are just said in jest. I never eat fried foods; I prefer my arteries stay unclogged.

chas

#449850 - 04/04/18 08:55 AM Re: Bad April Fool's joke, late ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Chas, the term "eating healthy" is something someone dreamed up that was never applicable to anything. If ingesting fat was going to plug your arteries, they would have been plugged shortly after birth if you were breast fed. Breast milk is extremely high in fat, which is why it is nutritious. If ingesting fat truly plugged arteries and caused coronary artery disease, everyone in France would be dead, yet the French have one of the lowest incidences of coronary artery disease. How about the Aleutian Eskimos - they too consume huge quantities of animal fats, yet enjoy very low cardiovascular disease. In contrast, the folks that have a diet consisting mainly of nuts, berries, fruits and plants, the Australian Aborigines, have the highest incidence of cardiovascular disease in the world. Many, many studies clearly show that populations on the globe that consume the most fat in their diets have the lowest incidence of coronary artery disease. Bottom line, that burger will not kill you or plug your arteries. What plugs arteries is inflammatory diseases that make their way to to the arterial walls, then calcify.

Now, losing weight is a good thing. It takes the stress off your joints, thereby allowing you to remain physically active and go fishing, play golf, ride a bike, etc... All of those things will make you live a lot longer and gain lean muscle. Loosing weight is just a matter of reducing your caloric intake. If your body consumes more calories than you take in, you WILL lose weight. Most of us gain weight because we love the taste of things such as fresh baked bread, ice cream, french fries, and other forms of carbs. In my case, I rarely eat bread, ice cream or any form of potato. I went on the South Beach (low carb) Diet, lost 55-pounds in 5 months, then developed a taste for Green Coconut Margarettas and Jim Bean Honey Bourbon, which is very high in calories and carbs. It took me 10 years, but I managed to gain those pounds back and then a few more. At this stage of life, with my deteriorating lungs, I hope I have a massive heart attack and drop dead on the spot.

Good luck, eat the foods you enjoy most, and you will probably outlive most of your doctors - I have.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (04/04/18 08:59 AM)

#449855 - 04/04/18 09:14 AM Re: Bad April Fool's joke, late ... [Re: tony mads usa]
sparky589 Offline

Loc: NJ
"...there's more old drunks than there are old doctors.."

#449860 - 04/04/18 09:50 AM Re: Bad April Fool's joke, late ... [Re: tony mads usa]
cgiles Offline

Gary, I guess everyone has their own 'truths'. If eating fatty foods make you happy, go for it. I'll be the first to sign your sympathy card. I'm sure Jim Beam will speed that process along. BTW, from everything I've read, massive heart attacks are pretty painful. Me, personally, I'm hoping to go in my sleep.

Jeez, how did this thread turn so morbid? Oh right, someone took something I said lightly in jest (and basically meant just for DonM) and turned it into Doomsday 101. Oh well. That's Synthzone for ya'. smile smile smile

chas

#449865 - 04/04/18 10:38 AM Re: Bad April Fool's joke, late ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Geeze, Chas. If your post was only meant for Don to read, why didn't you just email him, or better yet. call him on the telephone. When you put something on the internet, everyone on the planet that has an internet connection can read it - EVERYONE, even old farts like me and others on the Synthzone! We love picking on you, Chas - you're so easy! wink

Now, as for massive heart attacks being very painful, those that died from them didn't have the opportunity to let us know about the pain. I have had 2 myocardial infarcts and never had any more than a slight tingling sensation in my left arm. Fortunately, I know what other symptoms to look for and had a stent emplacement before any ischemic damage occurred. I guess the 15 years I spent working in this particular field saved my arse.

All the best,

Gary cool

#449867 - 04/04/18 10:44 AM Re: Bad April Fool's joke, late ... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Wow ... all this started with "BAD APRIL FOOL'S JOKE, LATE" ?!?
stop laugh2

#449868 - 04/04/18 11:03 AM Re: Bad April Fool's joke, late ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Hey Tony, your bad April Fool's Joke looks like it's coming back to haunt ya. Our long range forecast is for freezing rain and snow beginning Friday and lasting through Sunday, with a possible accumulation of up to 8 inches. What the Hell happened to Spring? I gotta get out of this damned house, work on the boat and go sailing to Saint Somewhere. wink I'll pick up Chas on the way south.

Gary cool

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online