SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#463685 - 12/23/18 09:25 AM Re: Seven years full circle [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
I talked with an old friend a couple nights ago who had some keyboard problems that I quickly resolved for him. He purchased a PSR 2000 when that model first arrived on the scene and has been using it ever since. A week ago, one of his key pads finally gave up, after all these years. I had some spare ones here, so he came to the house and I installed the strip for him, and everything worked fine. To test it, we plugged into my Bose L1 Compact and he fired up just as he has been doing every week for more than 2 decades. He still sounded fantastic. The irony of it all is that there was very little noticeable difference when he sat down and performed with my PSR-S950.

Congratulations Don,

Gary cool

... Nice fix
Mr. WIZARD!

Edited by Dnj (12/23/18 10:32 AM)

#463689 - 12/23/18 11:26 AM Re: Seven years full circle [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'm not dead, yet, Donny. I can still do a few things that don't require lots of physical exertion, including replacing key pad strips. The hardest part about the job is removing and replacing the 25 screws that hold the top to the bottom of the external shell. The key pad strip is a snap. smile

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#463692 - 12/23/18 11:55 AM Re: Seven years full circle [Re: DonM]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Amen to that Gary:

Removing all the screws to get to the guts of the board are a real hassle... then remembering where they go when re-assembling. I still have my 2000 and thought it was a great b\"board" for it's time. You, my friend, are something special... the way you encourage folks and provide assistance... and still have time to prepare a banquet fit for a king. Merry Christmas!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online