SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#465317 - 01/27/19 09:48 PM Re: Korg Pa1000 Keyboard Converted into a Module Unit [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Tony, DonM, Bachus, GJ; Ron, Steve, and Impuls Arno, and Donny:
Thanks for your heads up replies. Hard to believe it's been over 20 years since first joining this forum and to have made so many 'life-long' friends here. Though I don't have time to post often now, I continue to enjoy following everyone's posts (both old and newer SZ members) whenever I have a chance.

Originally Posted By DonM
Hi Buddy, I hope you are still enjoying the Korg! Perhaps the major overhaul they are doing on the 4X will soon be available for the 1000.

Still enjoying the Pa1000 more than ever. I think it's exciting that the Pa4X received a major OS enhancement, and FREE too. Kudos to Korg for that. Though it would be great if the Pa1000 received this too, I suspect Korg may not as the Pa1000 needs to remain the much lower budget alternative to the Pa4X. I'm Planning to wait another year or more before considering an upgrade to a Pa5x, but who knows.

Having played TOTL model arrangers for so many years, I even surprised myself to like the Pa4X's baby brother so much. I esp appreciate it's built in speakers for personal onstage monitoring when playing with a live band as well as being able to take the keyboard alone for those quick in/out small intimate gigs. I still got the Tyros 5 (mint condition: fully loaded) but am considering selling it. If anyone here is interested, PM me. smile

Originally Posted By Dnj

Hi Scott..
Korg Frankenstein modules have been around for a while...

Donny. Thanks for the heads up re that.
Until now, I had no idea that arranger keyboard owners have been doing this, as I've also never seen 3rd party module conversions done to Yamaha, Roland,
Technics, Casio or Ketron arranger keyboards.

What it is about Korg
Korg arr keyboards that make them good candidates for module conversion?

How is the keyboard controller connected to the module?
Strictly via midi, or does it require an additional connection as well?

Scott smile

Edited by Scottyee (01/27/19 10:08 PM)

#465323 - 01/28/19 02:42 AM Re: Korg Pa1000 Keyboard Converted into a Module Unit [Re: Scottyee]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Scott. Nice to hear from you again....Best wishes from UK

#465326 - 01/28/19 08:18 AM Re: Korg Pa1000 Keyboard Converted into a Module Unit [Re: Scottyee]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Hi Scotty,
great to see you posting again - you have been missed.

Seems to me, as a Ketron SD40 user and former SD90 owner, the Korg is a bit large for a module - just saying.

Deane

#465327 - 01/28/19 08:26 AM Re: Korg Pa1000 Keyboard Converted into a Module Unit [Re: hammer]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By hammer
Hi Scotty,

Seems to me, as a Ketron SD40 user and former SD90 owner, the Korg is a bit large for a module - just saying.

Deane

Hi Scott, so glad to hear from you! Yes, you have been missed! I agree with Diane... much too bulky...

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#465412 - 01/29/19 03:11 PM Re: Korg Pa1000 Keyboard Converted into a Module Unit [Re: Scottyee]
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Originally Posted By Graham UK
Scott. Nice to hear from you again....Best wishes from UK

Hi Graham. Got your recent message on Skype.
Looking forward to catching up with you there soon. smile

Originally Posted By hammer
Hi Scotty,
Deane

Originally Posted By montunoman
[quote=hammer]Hi Scotty,
I agree with Deane... much too bulky...

Deane and Montunoman: Thanks for the greetings. smile

Perhaps the Korg microArranger might make a lighter & more compact Korg arranger candidate for module frankenstein-ization: (22" width x 6" deep x 3 high" ) . Anybody know if this has successfully been done on a Korg microArranger?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online