SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#465755 - 02/05/19 12:07 PM "My Azerbaijan" – Maxim Fadeev featuring EMIN
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Maxim Fadeev is a successful Russian songwriter and music producer. He wrote this song for another Russian artist called EMIN and eventually they turned it into a duet. EMIN was born in Azerbaijan and this song is devoted to this country. Nevertheless, musically it’s a Russian song with Russian lyrics. This type of chord progression is quite common for Russian music. The only “oriental flavor” here is an instrument called “duduk” which is used to play a solo.

The video was released just a few days ago and I was impressed how beautifully they pictured rather simple scenes. I thought that you might want to have a look as well.

#465757 - 02/05/19 01:33 PM Re: "My Azerbaijan" – Maxim Fadeev featuring EMIN [Re: Kabinopus]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Tnx for sharing. A lovely ballad and nice video.
I'm not into russian language at all, the only word I think I do know about is 'njet', that I believe means 'no'.
Learned about it many years ago when a former russialn leder used his shoe to make certain things clear.... smile
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#465760 - 02/05/19 02:58 PM Re: "My Azerbaijan" – Maxim Fadeev featuring EMIN [Re: Kabinopus]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
"World Class", for sure. I'm still tracking down individual work by the players in Leonid and Friends. Just got back from seeing them.

If given a chance, music could be used to rid the world of lots of misunderstanding.

Really like the modulation on this one. Also like the real strings used by Leonid and here (I think).

Thanks for sharing this.

Russ

#466033 - 02/13/19 09:27 AM Re: "My Azerbaijan" – Maxim Fadeev featuring EMIN [Re: Kabinopus]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Thank you for your feedback. As for "Leonid and Friends" - to me it sounds authentically American :-) I've heard that it's almost impossible to become a popular artist in USA if there is any presence of a foreign accent in singing. Except for a Spain accent, it's considered to be colorful.

I'm not sure about the strings in the song above. In such as arrangement, I guess, samples of a high quality can be safely used without giving out that it's not an actual ensemble is playing.

Moderator:  Admin, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online