SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#472409 - 07/06/19 01:12 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: cgiles]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Chas, my point was the Pro guys don't need the auto play for the type of performance.. But since the arranger has auto play , they look pass it, even though it is every bit as powerful as what they play..

BTW: the same pro players will think nothing about using arpeggios (auto), and they are inferior to the results that an arranger will give you..

I have seen many pro caliber players (that would be talent wise), that will also never get rich playing :), they are surprised when you show them how a top model arranger is faster and more efficient than their keyboard. Why would you think that just because they have a high skill level , that they understand technology as it concerns arranger keyboards.. They block it out of their mind just like most musicians.

Just recall how many times "pros" come in to see Don Mason, and have no idea what he is doing.. They think he is playing mp3 tracks.

Musicians in general are not as aware as you think..

Chas I must be in that 5 percent group, I have used workstations(named appropriate ) and synths.. What drawn me to arrangers, was the ability to do the same thing I was using 3 keyboard to do... with much more ease, and better sound. And that is where folks are missing the boat.

How can you expect "pros" to no anything about arranger keyboards when music store personnel are also clueless shocked
Now there is another stigma grin

PS: Chas you are just mad because I made fun about a democrat violin rotfl

#472410 - 07/06/19 01:47 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By Fran Carango

PS: Chas you are just mad because I made fun about a democrat violin rotfl

Not at all Fran. Unlike some among us, I know when you're serious and when you're just kidding. But since you mentioned it, looking back on the last 2 1/2 years of divisiveness, racism, misogyny, nepotism, self-enrichment, pathological lying, rollback of environmental protections, climate denying, bullying, personal attacks on political adversaries including the press and longtime national allies, coddling of murderous tyrants and sworn enemies of America, and a highly UN-American treatment of immigrants legitimately seeking asylum from abject poverty and extreme violence; I guess I have to say I AM proud to be a Democrat. Oh well, as I always say "There is none so blind as he that WILL not see". I love biblical quotes even if I'm not a big fan of the whole book smile.

chas

#472413 - 07/06/19 02:07 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: cgiles]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By cgiles

I love biblical quotes even if I'm not a big fan of the whole book smile.

smile Eze 11:19-20 & Eze 36:26-27 sums up the whole book. smile

#472419 - 07/06/19 03:21 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
The stigma of what they were taught to believe as true , but never understood the truth..(sort of like a democrat) grin

No I don't want to talk politics
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You don't want to talk Politics but I beleive this is the second time you've thrown in a little zinger to let us all know who you worship. Talk about not understanding the truth.
I thought having enought time in the music business would help you smell BS a mile away.
I take no sides and think for myself. I have blocked all on Facebook who choose to post political garbage. If it starts to happen here I'm out.

Big Ditto

#472420 - 07/06/19 03:21 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: cgiles]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
There are things going on here that have nothing about keyboards. It stinks!

Nigel’s creation was created for people to visit and have a place to share; and add to their love of music.

One of the best things I have learned is --- when a ball is rolled to you, and you do not like the game –and you do not roll back, the game is over.

John C.

#472421 - 07/06/19 03:35 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Exactly John.... That's why there is a Bar wink

#472422 - 07/06/19 03:37 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

I think Fran was just 'pulling my chain' as I sometimes do his...all in fun. Perhaps he should have chosen a way that didn't have political overtones BUT I also probably should not have responded (I knew he was only kidding). For that I apologize. I would hate to see someone leave a great forum like this for something that I participated in (however trivial), even if I didn't initiate it. Still, as adults, I also think we need to not be so thin-skinned. There's also such a thing as OVERreaction.

Again, my apologies for not just accepting a friendly (and harmless) jab for what it was and just smiling and ignoring it.

chas

#472423 - 07/06/19 03:39 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Donny, don't exacerbate it. Just leave it alone.

chas

#472424 - 07/06/19 03:43 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: cgiles]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
It's OK guys, Chas has the right to be wrong. He works very hard at it! wink

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#472432 - 07/06/19 04:34 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: travlin'easy]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Politics may be an inappropriate subject here, but, damn it, now is the time to fix some very bad things going on.

R.

Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online