SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 >
Topic Options
#471844 - 06/27/19 09:42 AM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Naw ... you're like me - a keyboard player who embraces the technology of arrangers for what they offer our performance. Don't let the instrument define the player!

#471847 - 06/27/19 09:49 AM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Why the stigma by pros exists in the first place
is really the question isn't it?

That said, I am now inspired to sit down and play my
Yamaha S670 Arranger keyboard keys

Edited by Dnj (06/27/19 09:51 AM)

#471848 - 06/27/19 09:50 AM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: cgiles]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I think it's media driven - if they don't see these instruments on TV, or in concert, they aren't aware of them. I blame Casio for sounding so cheesy for so long.

#471852 - 06/27/19 10:12 AM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I think the stigma (among professional musicians) comes from the fact that 1) most don't consider it a legitimate instrument; 2) very few mainstream professional musicians use them (or even know what they are smile ); and 3) they assume that if you're using one, you can't play. And yes, I believe the stigma is still there. I think this is borne out by the fact that pro's refuse to embrace them, even tentatively.

This does not reflect my personal feelings, just my opinion about 'why the stigma?'.

chas

#471854 - 06/27/19 10:24 AM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: DonM]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Originally Posted By DonM
I'm an arranger keyboard player. That's why I'm on this forum.

Ditto! smile

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#471856 - 06/27/19 10:25 AM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

The "stigma" has been this way for 40 years or more since inception,....
then add on all the newer technology introduced to the masses,
all that time and you end up with a big mish-mosh
of devices to play music with. Who's right or wrong?,
no one really knows till this day & beyond..
Let's not forget that no matter what "circles think"
the fact that the "Talent" & what it sounds like is KING
bottom line, no matter what you use, or how it's done.

Edited by Dnj (06/27/19 10:34 AM)

#471857 - 06/27/19 10:27 AM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: cgiles]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Arranger Keyboards were designed primarily for the home hobby player, and replaced the home entertainment organ as they were smaller and cheaper, they were also easier to play as you could press a button and everything was done for you without needing to learn how to play bass or accompaniment, (Just use a canned style) there main downside compared to organs and synths etc. is that expression is limited, hence while with organs and synths you could identify who was playing by their style, with an arranger keyboard you just here the keyboard. (Yes there are a few players that make it their own but they are few and far between)

Bill

#471890 - 06/27/19 01:36 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: cgiles]
Ketron_AJ Offline

Loc: Middletown, DE
Originally Posted By cgiles
Originally Posted By bruno123

I used two pots, a garbage can and a hum-a-zoo, and played for two hours and got nowhere. (smile)

John C.

That's because you used a PLASTIC garbage can, John; you gotta use METAL. METAL is the only way to go smile. Oh, and those POTS; you got the wrong information. It's not POTS, it's just POT; and you're supposed to smoke it, not play it. The audience may not like your performance but YOU will smile.

The advice found in my posts is always free.

chas

THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE BEST POST ON THIS TREAD ... STILL RECOVERING FORM LAUGHING HARD !!!! HEHEHEHEHhheeeeeeeee.....

#471894 - 06/27/19 02:12 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: cgiles]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
That Chas is a smart witty guy, alright.

#471901 - 06/27/19 03:20 PM Re: Nothing wrong with Arranger keyboards.... [Re: cgiles]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Bernie, my father was a VERY witty guy, except to my mother. Ultimately, she wisely chose divorce over murder. I think she went to her grave thinking she made the wrong decision.

chas

Page 3 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online