SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#47499 - 10/29/05 03:09 PM The T2 throught the 'eyes/ears' of a KN7-owner
cees Offline

Loc: The Netherlands
Hi,
just returned from a demonstration of the Tyros2 in the Netherlands. It was performed by Michel Vroncken
Readings all the posts, I was of course very curious to hear that keyboard. This afternoon it was possible to hear/feel it.
It was a great performanche by Michel V., In a 3/4 hour he gives us a good impression of T2's possibilities and features. Very impressing.
Now I can imagine the enthusiastic reaction of those who heard it live and for sure the new T2-owner do have a beast in the house .
I had an very enjoyable music-hour.
I congratulate the fellow keyboardist with their new great musicinstrument.
A (still enthusiastic) KN7000-keyboardist
Happy keyboarding .. for everyone with whatever,
Cees

#47500 - 10/30/05 01:48 AM Re: The T2 throught the 'eyes/ears' of a KN7-owner
Peter Lowden Offline

Loc: England
Hi Cees,

Just wondered if you had any thoughts on how much better the Tyros 2 sounded compared with Tyros 1? Do you think it's worth upgrading, if like me, someone already has Tyros 1?

All the best

Peter

#47501 - 10/30/05 01:24 AM Re: The T2 throught the 'eyes/ears' of a KN7-owner
cees Offline

Hi Peter,
that's a very difficult question as I don't have had a Tyros1. I advise you to ask that in the Yamaha-forum. I bet there will be a few which make that step. Of course I heard the difference on those 2 models and the people I have spoken says that it is quite a difference. But it would be a shame if the keyboardtechnology had stand still last 3/4 years, wouldn't it?
For some reason I recognize your doubt. I had that when I had a KN6000. I was very satisfied and thought: better is not possible. And than came the KN7000 and I had to choose again and I made the update, which I don't regret. Don't forget: it had also to do with the trade-in value.
Sometimes I'm glad Technics stopped, so I don't have to make such choices any more (for the time being ).
For what it is worth my personal opinion to the KN7-T2: the gap between the KN7000 and the Tyros2 is not that large, that it stimulates me to change. But I can't garantee that when the Tyros3 or .. is coming about 2/3 years
And believe me, whatever choice YOU made for yourself, will always be a good choice,
Happy keyboarding,
Cees

#47502 - 10/30/05 01:47 AM Re: The T2 throught the 'eyes/ears' of a KN7-owner
Peter Lowden Offline

Thanks Cees for your comments etc.

I'm all for upgrading, my only reservation is that over the years the leap forward from one instrument to the next offering has not been the leap forward that I expected, yes off course each instrument has been better but when I've weighed up the improvement and looked at my bank account I wonder if it wouldn't have been better to wait till a completely new instrument came out, for instance: I owned the PSR7000, looking back I wish i'd missed the PSR8000 and simply waited for the PSR9000.

I'm in no position at the moment to pre judge Tyros 2 over Tyros 1, in fact i'm waiting eagerly to hear recordings done by friends etc, and eventually play one myself
but I can't deny doubts have crossed my mind.

One of the best moves I made was to buy a second keyboard by a different manufacturer (Technics) this for me opened a whole new world. I alternate on a monthly basis my performances with Tyros 1 and KN7000, when I swap instruments every month the audience notice a huge difference in the sound.

All the best

Peter

#47503 - 10/30/05 08:05 AM Re: The T2 throught the 'eyes/ears' of a KN7-owner
cees Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Lowden:
... I alternate on a monthly basis my performances with Tyros 1 and KN7000, when I swap instruments every month the audience notice a huge difference in the sound ...

All the best

Peter

Hi Peter,
I didn't know you have the 'luxury' to have as well the T1`as the KN7. In this case the public has nothing to complain, you spoil them
Once you are in a situation to hear/feel the T2, I guess you could judge yourself if the update is legal to the T1. The demonstrator let us hear some examples in sounds and rhythms between the T1 and T2. And for sure thanks to the SA-voices you can hear a great difference. The keys feels better etc. etc. For most homemusicians I guess it is mostly not a matter of better quality. That's clear between the T1 and T2; but mostly a matter if one can/want to spend the extra money for the update. Finally it is a 'luxury' choice for a nice hobby.
Best greetings,
Cees

#47504 - 10/30/05 09:39 AM Re: The T2 throught the 'eyes/ears' of a KN7-owner
kn7 Offline

"I alternate on a monthly basis my performances with Tyros 1 and KN7000, when I swap instruments every month the audience notice a huge difference in the sound."

Hi Peter,

To your above quote, you didn't say the difference preferred by the audience. Was there a preferred difference and for which instrument?

#47505 - 10/30/05 10:37 AM Re: The T2 throught the 'eyes/ears' of a KN7-owner
Peter Lowden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by kn7:
"I alternate on a monthly basis my performances with Tyros 1 and KN7000, when I swap instruments every month the audience notice a huge difference in the sound."

Hi Peter,

To your above quote, you didn't say the difference preferred by the audience. Was there a preferred difference and for which instrument?

Hi KN7

That's a very good question

When I progressed from the PSR7000 TO 8000 and then to the 9000 very few audience members noticed any difference.

When I change from Yamaha Tyros to Technics KN7000 almost everyone notices they are completely different in sound, very few people take a preference to one or the other
I think they enjoy whichever one i'm playing on, simply because that's the one they can hear at that time.
For organ sounds the KN7000 is the instrument
which seems to get the most praise, whereas the strings,piano, and drums often get praise when I swap back to the Tyros.

Some people have made a comment about how powerful the Tyros is, like, i'd love to hear that played in big hall, I presume from this statement, the Tyros comes over as a very powerful, plenty of Bass instrument and the KN7000 somewhat less powerful and perhaps thinner in sound.

Personally I find good and weak points on both instruments, some songs play better on the Kn7000 ie "Beside the seaside" using those brilliant organ voices, whereas if I was wanting to play say "Charmaine" using lush strings then the Tyros would be my choice. For Big band ie Glenn Miller i'd pick the Kn7000. For Piano, say "Song for Guy" Elton John it could only be the Tyros.
And so it goes on!! the beauty I suppose in having both, is you can pick the best instrument for the song.

All the best

Peter

#47506 - 11/02/05 10:43 AM Re: The T2 throught the 'eyes/ears' of a KN7-owner
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
When you visit: http://aux.music.yamaha.com/tyros2/demo/index.html

You can compare Tyros 1 and 2 in a simple test.

------------------

#47507 - 11/04/05 03:01 AM Re: The T2 throught the 'eyes/ears' of a KN7-owner
waterschip Offline

Loc: Amsterdam, the Netherlands
You can compare Tyros 1 and 2 in a simple test.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I think this is not the best site to compare. Styles alone don't say anything of a better sound.
The site below has some sound samples too.
www.tyros2.nl

It is a ducth site. On the left side click on
"geluid demos" (sound demos)
there is a choice of demo Innsbruck,
Original songs and "klanken en styles" sound and styles and "nieuwste demos" newest demos

there is also a link "handleiding Tyro2" (manual tyros2) in english pdf format for download.
So a little dutch for free in this thread.
rgds
Willem

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online