SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 11 12 >
Topic Options
#479856 - 11/06/19 11:13 AM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
Kabinopus Offline

Loc: Russia
Well, since you turned down PA4X, SX900 and E-A7 it doesn't really make much sence to me, unless you're just enjoying this very phase of, well, shopping.

Since I fail to appreciate and get the best of all things I have in life myself, I'm not really the one who should give advice upon it.

I just feel bad for the instruments that were rejected. I think any of them can help to be productive, if enough time and effort applied. We know that a lot of people can only dream about keyboards like those and probably will never have a chance of getting ones.

This thrill of choosing and ordering new products can be entertaining, but I'm afraid that in the end it's no-win situation.

Hope you will make a good choice/decision.

#479857 - 11/06/19 11:18 AM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
+1 Kabinopus - each of these boards offers a myriad of great tools for being creative and enjoying music. Donny, maybe give a listen to your past recordings on various instruments, and perhaps that will tweak some preferences one way or the other. Best wishes for a "sound" decision (pun intended).

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#479858 - 11/06/19 11:19 AM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
How about one of these smile

Play your MP3 tracks, Use the aux with a mixer/mic to sing..

Play your favorite radio station of the hour, and when you get bored.. simply change the station …. instead of the keyboard. grin

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Memorex-CD-Ca...910080301008005

#479862 - 11/06/19 11:44 AM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Donny, How about a digital piano? If I’m just playing instrumental versus and arranger and vocals, piano floats my boat best. Piano is challenging as I’m sure you already know the time I spend on piano ( not enough) does give me a lot of enjoyment because some of the time I’m trying learn some new tunes or brush up on stuff I played years ago but have not played in years. You’re already a great vocalist, maybe some piano studies to keep your mind occupied could be a real plus.

#479864 - 11/06/19 11:49 AM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
I've found the retro product you're looking for Donny.
It's a funny thing, I have one. 😁 rocker

"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#479866 - 11/06/19 11:54 AM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
You asked, so I'll give you MY answer. Seems to me that what you really want and need, is to be the center of attention, and that this past month or so of totally bizarre and irrational behavior is just a means of achieving that. Yes, I know you have your little group of well-meaning but ultimately harmful enablers who are going to continue to support your role in "The Donny Pesce Show".

Like all good ENTERTAINERS, there is a strong exhibitionist tendency that is a positive for a performing entertainer. But when the public/professional entertaining stops, for whatever reason, that tendency is still there and has to seek other forms of expression. I think (and I'm no professional) that is what is happening here. I think the reason you are so furious with Uncle Dave is that he makes you confront the truth and down in your heart, you know every word is true. You throw out a LOT of 'attaboys' and 'your (sic) very welcome's' to maintain your following, but telling Mark to hit the road was a TEST too far, even for YOUR followers.

So, to your question 'What should I get next?'; how about a dose of humility, a semblance of normalcy. No need to respond to EVERY SINGLE post, whether or not you have anything important to say. YOU don't have to be the declarator of when a thread has 'gone south', especially if no one else is bothered and in fact, may even be enjoying the diversion.

Personally, I think you're probably a good guy, but there has got to be more to a person than the ability to sing in-tune. Hey, good people like Fran (and many others here) obviously see something good in you so my advice (which of course you didn't ask for) is, play up that 'good' side and play down the 'manic' side. I think we all know that what you're searching for has very little to do with keyboards. Yeah, for some of us, RETIREMENT IS A BITCH.......but not if you use it wisely.

chas

#479874 - 11/06/19 12:51 PM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Dnj Offline

Gunnar What a Kool piece of gear. Thank you

#479875 - 11/06/19 12:52 PM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

Steve I tried the piano route few years ago just not enough to keep my appetite full I need more..

#479876 - 11/06/19 12:53 PM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: TedS]
Dnj Offline

Harold thank you for your input I really appreciate it all food for thought..

#479878 - 11/06/19 12:54 PM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Call I have been playing accordion since 6 years old and I just sold my accordion a few years ago always in my heart especially when I hear Latin music

Page 2 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online