SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12 >
Topic Options
#479927 - 11/06/19 06:10 PM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Remember it's not mine, it's DickieT's. I'm feeling guilty about using it so long.
If it weren't for the keys, I'd love to keep on using it.

#479928 - 11/06/19 06:27 PM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: DonM]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Originally Posted By DonM
If it weren't for the keys, I'd love to keep on using it.

Don, So your looking to down size to just the EA7?
Mitch

#479929 - 11/06/19 06:38 PM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: jingleman]
Dnj Offline

Don.... Sorry not a 4th time with Pa4x...
But Roland EA7 & You...
Perfect Together wink

#479930 - 11/06/19 06:41 PM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Mikem]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Originally Posted By Mikem
Originally Posted By Dnj
What bothers me on the work stations is creating the drum tracks variations for intro,ending and through the song, fills, etc..

There are 5 variations on the Motif XF, and even more on the Montage/Modx, similar to the 4 variations on an arranger.

Donny, for what it’s worth...I don’t think a modern workstation is what your looking for. I had the Motif XS...which isn’t as nice as the XF...and Mike is right, the arps allow for some cool music to be created, but intros and endings, breaks and fills can be a little challenging. I know you’ve had about every arranger made...so maybe think back to the last one you really enjoyed playing. One that challenged you yet gave satisfaction when you played out or recorded something. Like I said...for what it’s worth, but maybe that’s a place to start.
Mitch

#479931 - 11/06/19 06:42 PM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

I'm not trying very hard to sell the Korg. smile But if someone wants it, I think Dickie would appreciate my selling it for him. He has Yamaha PSR S950 and also a SX900, which he is deciding if he wants to keep.
He wants the arranger to handle CDG files, and the Korg does it seamlessly. However the SX900 seems to have a glitch there. I loaded 128 files into it, and it found about half of them. The ones it found worked fine. I also tried them in MY SX900, before I boxed it back up, and they only saw the sames ones, not all. I tried various USB drives, tried putting ONE of the ones that wouldn't work on the root directory, tried everything possible, and couldn't get it to work.
I called Sweetwater, where he bought it, and the tech guy of course didn't know, so he is calling a Yamaha "expert", and is supposed to get back to me asap. Dickie will keep SX900 if the files will play as advertised; otherwise it goes back.

#479933 - 11/06/19 07:12 PM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Mitch before I think backwards I have to think forward arranger wise no rush we'll see what the future brings thank you for your thoughts they gave me something to think about..

#479937 - 11/06/19 07:42 PM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: DonM]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By DonM
I'm not trying very hard to sell the Korg. smile But if someone wants it, I think Dickie would appreciate my selling it for him. He has Yamaha PSR S950 and also a SX900, which he is deciding if he wants to keep.
He wants the arranger to handle CDG files, and the Korg does it seamlessly. However the SX900 seems to have a glitch there. I loaded 128 files into it, and it found about half of them. The ones it found worked fine. I also tried them in MY SX900, before I boxed it back up, and they only saw the sames ones, not all. I tried various USB drives, tried putting ONE of the ones that wouldn't work on the root directory, tried everything possible, and couldn't get it to work.
I called Sweetwater, where he bought it, and the tech guy of course didn't know, so he is calling a Yamaha "expert", and is supposed to get back to me asap. Dickie will keep SX900 if the files will play as advertised; otherwise it goes back.

Hi Don,
stupid question, I gather it is updated?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#479942 - 11/06/19 08:19 PM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Yes that is the first thing I did when we set it up. But thanks for the help. I'm sure Yamaha will address it.

#479943 - 11/06/19 08:48 PM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Don,
Sorry I don’t have any to test it on, but gather it’s probably a general bug, not specific to one sx unit.
Is there possibly a limit to how many can be put in a folder and if you add too many, it may have strange consequences.

Edited by rikkisbears (11/06/19 08:52 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#479944 - 11/06/19 08:54 PM Re: What should I get next.. Thoughts? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

I'm sure it is. I tested them on two separate SX900s. And everything worked fine on the PA4x.
Also, when you put a CDG in a Registration on the SX, it will pull up the MP3 part, but not the lyrics. These are almost certainly bugs, and can be easily fixed by Yamaha, if and when they get around to it.
Another boo-boo; on the Yamaha, in order to change the pitch on an audio file, you must go into the audio menu, select and press a tiny little box that says pitch shift. On the Korg the Transpose function will change it immediately. The Transpose doesn't work on audio files in the Yamaha.

Page 5 of 12 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online