SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#482373 - 11/29/19 11:17 AM Re: Not Posting Videos, Recordings etc,.. [Re: wrinkles303]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Originally Posted By wrinkles303
my you tube is
wrinkles124
there should be a video of me doing soul man (which sucks cause cant remember words and i lost my voice) but it gives you an idea. i was using yamaha psr 1000 and a korg micro arranger. i was testing the system.

Wow Wrinkles! You had my feet tappin' and my legs kickin'! You ARE the SOUL MAN! You owned it! Way to rock out W! Thanks for sharing! Keep up the great work (err...playing and singing)!

dance

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#482394 - 11/29/19 01:20 PM Re: Not Posting Videos, Recordings etc,.. [Re: travlin'easy]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
The fish eye can be adjusted to a large degree using their video program. It will not completely eliminate it, but it will reduce it by a substantial degree.

The basic Hero model, which is what I have, does not have external audio inputs, therefore, you must rely on the built in mic, which is mono only. The newer, and more expensive models, record in stereo and with 360 degree audio, which is something I never knew existed.

Additionally, it appears that the Hero8 has a video monitor, which the inexpensive model that I have does not have. There is several lens selections that can also be utilized that would eliminate fish eye while shooting, but then you would not have the ability to see everything that you would with the ultra-wide angle lens.

Take a look at GoPro Hero8

Gary, I've had the Hero 8 Black for about a month now, and 2 earlier model GoPro's before that. It's a great little action cam if you take time to learn all it's capabilities but it would not be my first choice for recording musical performances. My Hero 8 cost $399 but I have $200 conventional consumer camcorders that do a better job. Best bang for the buck (IMO) if you DON'T need pristine video but still want good audio from the internal mic (in a pinch), has got to be the ZOOM Q2N. I believe Zuki has the upscale model which is even better. These things are purpose-built which gives them a leg up on the competition. JMO.

chas

BTW, no 'fish-eye' on the Hero 8 (unless you want it). It's adjustable in the camera settings. It also has the best image stabilization of any camera in it's class (no gimbal needed, EVER).

Edited by cgiles (11/29/19 01:25 PM)

#482395 - 11/29/19 01:27 PM Re: Not Posting Videos, Recordings etc,.. [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've had the Kodak Zi8 for years. It is super for both video and sound, with line inputs.
You can probably find one for a bargain since they haven't been made in a few years.
There are probably later models, but this one is super for my needs. Which are not many.

#482396 - 11/29/19 01:32 PM Re: Not Posting Videos, Recordings etc,.. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Keep the suggestions coming... And the video demos... Only way to really get an idea of what it is...

#482398 - 11/29/19 01:52 PM Re: Posting Videos, Recordings etc,.. [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Edited: going to change videos.

Edited by DonM (11/30/19 11:33 AM)

#482401 - 11/29/19 02:12 PM Re: Posting Videos, Recordings etc,.. [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Great Don
can't wait to hear it on the overpriced Genos!

laugh2

#482402 - 11/29/19 02:15 PM Re: Posting Videos, Recordings etc,.. [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Good rendition, Don, though the audio sounded a bit overdriven and distorted on my end.

I'll try the same same song with my Go Pro Hero and see how it sounds - gotta compare apples with apples. smile

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#482408 - 11/29/19 03:20 PM Re: Posting Videos, Recordings etc,.. [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Good rendition, Don, though the audio sounded a bit overdriven and distorted on my end.

I'll try the same same song with my Go Pro Hero and see how it sounds - gotta compare apples with apples. smile

Gary cool

Gary that would be awesome can't wait buddy.

#482414 - 11/29/19 03:43 PM Re: Posting Videos, Recordings etc,.. [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Yes it was over driven. My bad. Should have posted a better one.

#482419 - 11/29/19 04:21 PM Re: Posting Videos, Recordings etc,.. [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I struggled a bit with this song, didn't connect my supplemental O2 line or use the rescue inhaler, but I did sip a bit of Jim Bean Honey to loosen the vocal cords. The camera is perched aboard the custom console directly over the keyboard and within six inches of the top of the keyboard. No edits, just a straight shot recording and then uploaded to You Tube.

Sounded pretty good to me for a tiny camera that cost me about $100. The main reason I purchased the Go Pro Hero was for use while sailing. It's waterproof down to 30 feet, which is deeper than I could dive at the time using a snorkel rig, I could mount it just about anywhere on the boat and not worry about damage from damp weather, and I didn't have to worry about focusing. The batteries seem to last forever, it can be easily charged with any USB connection, and I found a complete accessory kit for under $30.

Have fun,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online