SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#485457 - 12/31/19 08:21 AM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Yeah Bernie, sounds good to me....
Donny, NO DONNY, you still have 4 OTS per reg , so 1 reg will give you what you asked for, if I understand what you detailed out.
Oh no I am not a Pro player, but very tech knowledgable of kbds, MIDI etc..., but I want lightning fast changes...
You can do this a couple ways.
1) 1 Song per reg bank like we have said. AND of course you still have the standard OTS function on EACH reg 1-8...so you could have only 1 song, 1 reg (#1 and 4 OTS) per playlist entry.
2) OR you could have 8 songs in 1 reg BANK, each with 4 OTS of course...add that to Playlist, but then you will need to know which songs are part of that Playlist entry...(up to 8)...so no search by song.

That's the only way I know to do it.
You can have over 2,000 Playlist entry's per playlist, so is it not the same as Songbook (been a while since I had my PA2XPRO)??

A Songbook entry is one song right? A Playlist entry is one song righ? You don't have to use the other reg entry's in a Playlist/reg bank but they are there if you want to.

You don't loose anything as to speed with playlist...you have each song all setup in the playlist entry. As soon as you select it you have a reg bank all set to start playing based on all the parameters you saved with the registration, 4 OTS and all.

I hope I helped some....
If not ask away...
OH, I am loving the SX900 a lot!

#485459 - 12/31/19 08:38 AM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Sorry for jumping in,but I just got my new SX,and am starting the same thing.I can see Donny's problem of not having one song per bank.I have always done it that way on the psr970,and saved my playlists in folders. As I understand it, the playlist is a glorified MFD,holding all needed parameters in each song. As I read it,one makes up the reg bank and adds it to the Playlist Record(database). You then can make up playlists named what you will,with a list of songs you need for that gig. You add records by scrolling or searching.

AM I wrong?

Bernie congrats on your sx900...hope it works out for you ..
the playlist is somehow connected to the registration bank setups..
being I only use 1 reg entry per song & 4ots..
I need to separate the songs from the Reg banks and be able to pick and choose ONLY THE SINGLE SONGS I WANT FROM EACH REGISTRATION BANK TO ADD TO THE SONG LIST INDIVIDUALLY
HERE LIES THE PROBLEM....

#485473 - 12/31/19 12:15 PM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I certainly see your problem. You went down your desired road that,apparently,prevents the use of playlist to list your songs that are encased in the banks. I guess you could add new songs the other way,but,I am sure you want to use vast amount of material on hand. That's a bummer.

#485475 - 12/31/19 12:51 PM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Bernie for now sx900 playlist is useless for the way I set up my songs, j less hanged in an update.. ... Everything can't be usable for everyone..

#485500 - 12/31/19 04:42 PM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Dnj]
W Tracy Parnell Online   content

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By Dnj
Bernie for now sx900 playlist is useless for the way I set up my songs, j less hanged in an update.. ... Everything can't be usable for everyone..

Yes, unless you want to start over using one song per bank. If not, I guess we will be seeing another keyboard change? I thought you didn't play out much at this point anyway so why worry?

#485511 - 12/31/19 06:21 PM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Bernie9]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Bernie9
Sorry for jumping in,but I just got my new SX,and am starting the same thing.I can see Donny's problem of not having one song per bank.I have always done it that way on the psr970,and saved my playlists in folders. As I understand it, the playlist is a glorified MFD,holding all needed parameters in each song. As I read it,one makes up the reg bank and adds it to the Playlist Record(database). You then can make up playlists named what you will,with a list of songs you need for that gig. You add records by scrolling or searching.

AM I wrong?

Hi Bernie,
For style playing , it’s the registrations that are the most important part for the time being.

The playlist I suppose is a sort of a database.
The playlist/s is where you organise yourself for your performance. Ie you organise the songs you want to play in a particular list for a particular type of gig, ie if you were doing a gig for over 80’s guessing you’d be playing stuff like Bigband, or old standards stuff along those lines? doubt you’d be getting a request for a number by Maroon 5.
You’ve no doubt got an idea of the type of music your audiences like for the different types of gigs, so create playlist accordingly. Your playlist is also for midifiles , MP3’s etc

Also you can organise as many playlists as you want. ( I’m guessing there is a limit, how many could one need anyway) Your registrations get saved to a data base, you then pick and choose which ones you want to add to the playlist/s.

Did you download the Playlist from Yamaha website

https://usa.yamaha.com/products/musical_...ml#product-tabs

Quite a few well known songs, only 1 song , 1 registration per bank but they can be added to with further registrations.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#485518 - 01/01/20 01:30 AM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
I just downloaded the playlist-thanks.

One question: In determining which S970 songs to save,do they sound the same in the SX as the same style in it's factory list?

#485524 - 01/01/20 07:15 AM Re: LEE how do you like the SX900 so far? [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell
Originally Posted By Dnj

Yes, unless you want to start over using one song per bank. If not, I guess we will be seeing another keyboard change? I thought you didn't play out much at this point anyway so why worry?

That maybe true and if it is it is no concern of yours so as you said "so why Worry?".....
that said........ I like to be organized navigationaly
when I play at home or elsewhere..
And If I dump it some one will get a great deal...

Edited by Dnj (01/01/20 08:51 AM)

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online