SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#485974 - 01/06/20 11:37 AM Re: We are being replaced? [Re: abacus]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
Originally Posted By travlin'easy
Donny has been that we will soon be replaced for more than a decade - Well, we're all still here. wink

Gary cool

Are you sure, you may have been replaced and not know it, and that's assuming we are not all in a simulation grin

Bill

Alan Watts is competent here:

#485975 - 01/06/20 11:43 AM Re: We are being replaced? [Re: Bill Lewis]
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Rikki
Why should Yamaha bother to go to the expense of improvment for such a small market. I've heard some good systems too and they are fun for awhile. BTW I used to tune pianos and those systems seem to throw the whole action out of whack and they are rarely in tune. Most I've heard sound like an old Honky Tonk piano in a Western movie.

Hi Bill,
I was actually referring to the music available for sale for playback on the piano. Maybe not an issue nowadays, the early ones played their own format.
Could have hooked my sequencer or pc up to it, but there still wasn’t a great deal of well recorded piano midifiles available.

Admittedly didn’t have the same lovely sound as my baby grand, but baby grand also couldn’t be used as controller for my arranger or or could it
record .

Either way , missed them both, but saved a fortune on tuning when they went. Haha

Edited by rikkisbears (01/06/20 12:07 PM)

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#485980 - 01/06/20 02:10 PM Re: We are being replaced? [Re: DonM]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By DonM

Are you a figment of my imagination

You wish! smile smile

chas

#485981 - 01/06/20 02:29 PM Re: We are being replaced? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill, I was replaced 2.5 years ago by another keyboard player that has a great singing voice. However, he told me that he could not keep up with my schedule and could only fill in at a dozen of the 52 locations where I performed monthly. smile He is 30 years younger than me and when I handed him my list of performance locations the first words out of his mouth were "Are you crazy?" He picked the cream puffs that were fairly close to home and told the rest of them he would provide them with some contacts for other players in their areas.

Ironically, after 2.5 years, I still get a couple calls a month from folks asking if I could come out of retirement to do some special events. Not a prayer!

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#485992 - 01/06/20 03:59 PM Re: We are being replaced? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Bill, I was replaced 2.5 years ago by another keyboard player that has a great singing voice. However, he told me that he could not keep up with my schedule and could only fill in at a dozen of the 52 locations where I performed monthly. smile He is 30 years younger than me and when I handed him my list of performance locations the first words out of his mouth were "Are you crazy?" He picked the cream puffs that were fairly close to home and told the rest of them he would provide them with some contacts for other players in their areas.

Ironically, after 2.5 years, I still get a couple calls a month from folks asking if I could come out of retirement to do some special events. Not a prayer!
Cheers,
Gary cool

Maybe get a girl singer?....and try it

#485998 - 01/06/20 04:21 PM Re: We are being replaced? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, female vocalist are extremely difficult to find, especially good ones that are willing to work as much as the demand calls for.

Additionally, my lungs are not my only health problem - just the one that will soon take my life. My back is shot to Hell, I have the early onset of Parkinson's Disease, Macular Degeneration (dry), and distal neuropathy to name a few. Fat chance of me EVER going back to work, especially at 79 years of age. Better odds of being struck by lightning on New Years Eve. wink

Gary cool

#486005 - 01/06/20 04:52 PM Re: We are being replaced? [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Donny, female vocalist are extremely difficult to find, especially good ones that are willing to work as much as the demand calls for.

Additionally, my lungs are not my only health problem - just the one that will soon take my life. My back is shot to Hell, I have the early onset of Parkinson's Disease, Macular Degeneration (dry), and distal neuropathy to name a few. Fat chance of me EVER going back to work, especially at 79 years of age. Better odds of being struck by lightning on New Years Eve. wink

Gary cool

Well then be proud of what you have accomplished in your musical career, remember all the people you made happy with your music
and play at home as much as you can to make yourself happy.

#486007 - 01/06/20 04:58 PM Re: We are being replaced? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Donny, I've always been proud of what I have accomplished during my 79 years on Planet Earth. Carol always tells everyone that the one thing our marriage has never been is "Boring." She says "That crazy old fart has done things that other people only dream of doing, and so far, he has managed not to kill himself in the process." smile

Keep in touch, old friend,

Gary cool

#486025 - 01/06/20 07:50 PM Re: We are being replaced? [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary, not too many people go back to work at age 79 - especially hauling equipment like we do ...

And remember one thing, my friend, no one knows when the reaper will come a'knockin' ... the next minute is promised to no one ...
Just keep on keepin' on...

#486032 - 01/06/20 11:13 PM Re: are we being replaced? [Re: Dnj]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online