SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#486454 - 01/10/20 08:36 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
OK Mr. Mason,the fun is over. Back to everyday business.

#486465 - 01/10/20 09:52 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: DonM]
Crossover Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
I haven't been following this because it doesn't interest me, but I looked at it just now.
There must be some confusion.
Russ doesn't even have a music website, and he is one of the premier musicians in the U.S. and known all over the world for his creativity, business acumen and musical ability. He has appeared on national t.v. shows, and with top-name entertainers. He plays multiple instruments and is widely known for his generous contributions to charities and worthy causes.
And as far as I have seen, Crossover is also a valuable asset and adds a lot to many topics here.
And I must add that Henni is a long-time member who has inspired many of us with his boundless energy and with his dedication to his faith.
I think there is a lot of misunderstanding going on. Maybe time to back off and consider finding positives instead of negatives?
If a post doesn't interest you, you don't have to read it. That's why I'm late to this one, but when I saw the number of posts and responses I thought I might be missing something.

Even if I can understand that you defend a long-time member who has inspired many of you on a subjective basis, what I have experienced with him here in this thread as well as a thread in the bar is the worst example of behavior I‘ve ever experienced in a forum.
I assume he mixed up Captain Russ and me when referring to a website. I don‘t care if he likes or doesn‘t like my website, and I won‘t discuss my website, there are just two things I intend to say about this issue:
1) I am a semi-professional musician who had 12 years of hard classical piano lessons at a young age, I work as a freelance piano teacher and part-time organist for the EKD (German Protestant Church), and I know hoe many people appreciate my skills, so I don‘t need any member of an arranger forum to acknowledge them
2) It tells a lot about the behavior of this long-term user when he starts making such mean personal references to a personal website when someone gets involved in a discussion on a purely matter-of-fact, non-personal basis (check the posts!). Moreover, I read the pronoun „he“ used by him - just to clarify: I am female.
If you look at what methods he uses in the discussion here, quoting users while changing their user names in the quotations and the like, this shows the degree of aggressiveness he is loaded with - which I have pity for.
I have been dealing with some books about Zen buddhism and psychology in the past months, and this thread was particularly interesting in how you are pulled into an aggressive dispute by someone even if your own posts were purely focused on the matter without any personal component.

#486469 - 01/10/20 10:32 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Now that you've finished blowing your own horn and informing us all in great detail just what a professional and outstanding marvelous super talented highly evolved individual you are... Maybe you should take note:

DonM tried his best to intervene to calm things down. However your ego just cannot let it go, now can it?

Thank you for the essay, however this is nether the right place nor the right moment for it so why don't you do the adult thing and just give it a rest?

#486471 - 01/10/20 10:58 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Crossover Offline

The adult thing... Hear serenity in person... I‘m having a good laugh here laugh

#486473 - 01/10/20 11:03 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Originally Posted By Greatness

1) I am a semi-professional musician who had 12 years of hard classical piano lessons at a young age, I work as a freelance piano teacher and part-time organist for the EKD (German Protestant Church), and I know hoe many people appreciate my skills, so I don‘t need any member of an arranger forum to acknowledge them
2) It tells a lot about the behavior of this long-term user when he starts making such mean personal references to a personal website when someone gets involved in a discussion on a purely matter-of-fact, non-personal basis (check the posts!). Moreover, I read the pronoun „he“ used by him - just to clarify: I am female.
If you look at what methods he uses in the discussion here, quoting users while changing their user names in the quotations and the like, this shows the degree of aggressiveness he is loaded with - which I have pity for.
I have been dealing with some books about Zen buddhism and psychology in the past months, and this thread was particularly interesting in how you are pulled into an aggressive dispute by someone even if your own posts were purely focused on the matter without any personal component.

Your now super inflated ego has the better of you. As for me, I'll honor DonM' request. Feel free to bless us all with a more detailed CV of your GREATNESS - I'll now leave you be to continue uninterrupted with your bragging.

#486476 - 01/10/20 11:16 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
Crossover Offline

Congratulations! You‘re the winner!

#486477 - 01/10/20 11:29 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Crossover]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
There were NO winners ...
frown

#486479 - 01/10/20 11:39 AM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: Henni]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Originally Posted By Henni
Now that you've finished blowing your own horn and informing us all in great detail just what a professional and outstanding marvelous super talented highly evolved individual you are... Maybe you should take note:

DonM tried his best to intervene to calm things down. However your ego just cannot let it go, now can it?

Thank you for the essay, however this is nether the right place nor the right moment for it so why don't you do the adult thing and just give it a rest?

The only person that needs to calm down is you. You are very aggressive and rude.

#486486 - 01/10/20 12:27 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: FransN]
captain Russ Online   content

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Crossover, I personally apologize to you and others for the vitriol exhibited here.

That's just not what the Synthzone is all about. Inadvertently, I may have disrespected Nigel, and I would never intentionally do that. We ALL ow him a debt of gratitude for the thing he has created and maintains.

We just need to consider the source of the re-occuring rude, confrontational posts and move on.

There's so much effort and negativity and bias involved.

Be well, all.

R.

P.S. still not out of the woods but feeling better

Edited by captain Russ (01/10/20 12:34 PM)

#486488 - 01/10/20 12:33 PM Re: Live with GroovyBand Live! [Re: captain Russ]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Originally Posted By captain Russ

P.S. still not out of the woods but feeling better

Darn, guess I'll have to put that B3 on hold a little longer smile smile. Kidding, of course. So glad you're feeling better.

chas

Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online