Topic Options
#486841 - 01/14/20 03:39 PM Re: I can no longer sing... [Re: Dnj]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
Steven...
my deepest condolences....
so sorry to hear about your mom...may she always R.I.P. frown

Donny, Thanks very much! I know you recently lost your dad so the pain of a parent is still with you.

Originally Posted By ekurburski
Steven, sorry to hear of your lose. It sounds like she lived a long and healthy life. Hopefully she didn't suffer in the end.

Earl,

Thank you. In all her years she was probably only hosptialized about 4 or 5 times and it was nothing serious. She did not suffer we had family around her all day Sunday then at 7 she called me via her cell phone it didn't sound good. I live 5 minutes from her Assisted Living apartment and was there within 5 minutes. I got to say goodbye then had the front desk call 911 and when I returned to the room she was gone, so there was no long term suffering.

Gary, thank you!

Edited by Stephenm52 (01/14/20 03:45 PM)
Edit Reason: spelling correction

#486842 - 01/14/20 03:45 PM Re: I can no longer sing... [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Steve, I know in full detail how you cared for your mom and all you did to make her comfortable in the apartment even if only for a few days ... I know she was very happy for what you did ...

#486848 - 01/14/20 04:38 PM Re: I can no longer sing... [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By tony mads usa
Steve, I know in full detail how you cared for your mom and all you did to make her comfortable in the apartment even if only for a few days ... I know she was very happy for what you did ...

Tony, Many thanks I appreciate the kind words!

#486853 - 01/14/20 04:46 PM Re: I can no longer sing... [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By Stephenm52

Tony, Many thanks I appreciate the kind words!

Much deserved ...

#486867 - 01/15/20 06:03 AM Re: I can no longer sing... [Re: travlin'easy]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Steve- as I have said privately, so sorry to hear your Mom is gone but happy to know that she made the transition "pain free". A blessing for any of us for sure!

Gary - hang in there - as we both know, Old Sailors just keep going on and on! Best wishes for feeling much better in the days ahead my friend!

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#486870 - 01/15/20 06:22 AM Re: I can no longer sing... [Re: saxxman]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By saxxman
Steve- as I have said privately, so sorry to hear your Mom is gone but happy to know that she made the transition "pain free". A blessing for any of us for sure!

Gary - hang in there - as we both know, Old Sailors just keep going on and on! Best wishes for feeling much better in the days ahead my friend!

Randy, Thanks for your support!

#486875 - 01/15/20 06:45 AM Re: I can no longer sing... [Re: travlin'easy]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Steve, no long-term suffering, is a gift we all pray for. 93 and still active, is another gift, there are so many people who just exist in the last part of their lives.

Something beautiful will be happening in the coming days; you not not be able to see Mom, but you WILL CARRY HER WHEREVER YOU GO. Her body is gone, but she is still very much alive in you.

I have days when I talk to my Mom about my hurting, days when I talk to her about life, and days when I just thank her for being so special.

Be well my friend, and act out the person that Mom wanted you to be, John C.

#486880 - 01/15/20 07:31 AM Re: I can no longer sing... [Re: travlin'easy]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Uncle Dave,
I could not have said it better. I first got to know Gary on the PSRTutorial about 14 years ago. I was always amazed at how fast he would answer questions about a keyboard. There is no telling how many players he has helped throughout the years. I was also lucky to have met Gary and his wife and got to know him. Uncle Dave, I too have had the experience of not saying what I wish to say until it was to late - something I always regretted.

Gary, we wish you well and hope all turns out for the better down the road. Good luck my friend.

Deane

#486906 - 01/15/20 10:34 AM Re: I can no longer sing... [Re: bruno123]
Stephenm52 Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
Steve, no long-term suffering, is a gift we all pray for. 93 and still active, is another gift, there are so many people who just exist in the last part of their lives.

Something beautiful will be happening in the coming days; you not not be able to see Mom, but you WILL CARRY HER WHEREVER YOU GO. Her body is gone, but she is still very much alive in you.

I have days when I talk to my Mom about my hurting, days when I talk to her about life, and days when I just thank her for being so special.

Be well my friend, and act out the person that Mom wanted you to be, John C.

John, Thank you, that's a nice summary of her gift of a long and healthy life!

#486917 - 01/15/20 03:16 PM Re: I can no longer sing... [Re: lahawk]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Steve, Mother's are extra special, and I'm sure you have lots of special memories to help carry you forward. Take care

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online