SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#48703 - 10/02/03 11:54 AM Re: kn7000 1st week Impressions
Bluebird Offline

Bruno, my question was to Esnareyou, but If you want, also to you...
But it is not as if I ask your opinion about your wife and neighbour wife, because you have both wifes (both keyboards), isn't it?

My needs are easy to tell:
Home player, not an expert, not gig. Like acoustic sounds. Like slow and modern styles, not rock nor big band.

You said Kn7000 and Tyros approach the music subject differently... It would be interesting to know what is that difference in your expert opinion (as you have both).

But my interest is not on KN700 nor Tyros. Is about kn2600 and PSR2100, and its differences in feeling and philosophy. I know technical differences, but...it is not all!

[This message has been edited by Bluebird (edited 10-02-2003).]

#48704 - 10/02/03 02:34 PM Re: kn7000 1st week Impressions
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Bruno, my question was to Esnareyou, but If you want, also to you...
But it is not as if I ask your opinion about your wife and neighbour wife, because you have both wifes (both keyboards), isn't it?

My needs are easy to tell:
Home player, not an expert, not gig. Like acoustic sounds. Like slow and modern styles, not rock nor big band.

Jerry, I have but one wife which I love dearly, but I do have 2 keyboards---and that's all I can handle.

Let us say that the psr 2100 has the same thoughts as the Tyros.
And the Kn2600 thinks like the Kn7000.
The only instrument here I have not played is the KN2600.

In my humble opinion----based on what you are saying--home musician, and good acoustic sounds--There is very little contest, in these areas the Technics product is far ahead.

As far as slow and modern styles---
The psr2100 leans more toward contempory music.

My opinion is based on what I have discovered through research and experience. This being the Technics forum,does not shade my opinion.

I feel the Technics is very user friendly, and has great styles. If you desire slow and modern styles they can be created or bought.

If you decide to do any recording, or create different instrument sounds, the Technics is far ahead agin.
There is one more goodie, the SD memory card. I can record my keyboard, then play my guitar, then sing--put them altogether and send them to the SD card. This keyboard will play the audio files--how special.

A floppy disk can hold aprox. 20 to 30 midi files. My 128mb will hold over 600 midi files.

If my desire was to work with the computer and downloading midi files to my keyboard, I feel the psr2100 will do a better job.

There you have my opinion Jerry, that should help you a bit. Now---it's your turn Jerry's. You must decide by what YOU hear and see, not logicaly but emotionaly. Music is about feel and feelings.

I do hope I've helped you, John C.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online