SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#48740 - 07/11/02 06:53 AM Intregue - To arouse the interest or curiosity of.
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Seven Double O Zero

When?
Where?
Cost?
Cutting Edge?
Cool?

Let's raise the lid and have a look see or in England do they say let's raise the boot and have a peek?

Grandpa Doug

#48741 - 07/11/02 08:36 AM Re: Intregue - To arouse the interest or curiosity of.
Alain Offline

Loc: De Panne , Belgium
Hello,
I sold my technics kn6500 yesterday...so I can't wait ....I need a kn7000 and fast.
I am lucky I stil have a yamaha 9000 pro... so I can play....otherwise I wil become mad.

The countdown can begin.....but from what do I have to count....30days...60days...or more ?

Greetings from Belgium ,
Alain

#48742 - 07/11/02 09:57 AM Re: Intregue - To arouse the interest or curiosity of.
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
What I'm anxious to learn about the KN7000 is how it has improved on the 6500 in the following departments: overall sound quality, styles, and ease of editing. Those are my major concerns concerning use of arranger keyboards.
Larry

#48743 - 07/11/02 04:54 PM Re: Intregue - To arouse the interest or curiosity of.
Tony W Offline

Loc: Lancaster UK
Hello Grandpa Doug,
Here in England our boot = your trunk and your hood = our bonnet so it would probably be 'take a peek under the bonnet'.

I am sure that in your day this would have earned you a slap in the face from a startled lady My old gran would never leave the house without her bonnet or some other suitable headwear. She would oft lament the slipping of such standards in the modern world, to the extent that she would attack any young lady who flaunted an uncovered head, with a hat pin.
ttfn
Tony

#48744 - 07/12/02 06:46 AM Re: Intregue - To arouse the interest or curiosity of.
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Grandpa Doug ..... seven double 0 zero ... I like that ... adds more mystery to this already mysterious machine ...
t.

#48745 - 07/12/02 10:47 AM Re: Intregue - To arouse the interest or curiosity of.
ogre Offline

Loc: UK
AH, but tomorrow (13th)should see the mystery solved and the wonders of seven double o zero revealed.

Like Larry I'm not interested in the gimmicks e.g. storing and displaying digital photographic data from camera etc but in quality of sounds and styles and overall ease of use starting with a comprehensive and easy to follow manual showing all the secrets which previous manuals have signally failed to do.

Hope I can sleep tonight - getting too exited..... : D

Peter

#48746 - 07/12/02 03:12 PM Re: Intregue - To arouse the interest or curiosity of.
Derek Ladkin Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I'm about to have an early night, got a 350 mile round trip tomorrow to see this mysterious machine. I hope it's worth it.Come to think about it.....if you reverse the number it reads 0007..... could be a real killer, one more 0 than Bond !
I'll probably be tempted,after all you only live twice!
Have a safe journey guys, may see you there.

Derek

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ogre:
[B]AH, but tomorrow (13th)should see the mystery solved and the wonders of seven double o zero revealed.

#48747 - 07/12/02 07:07 PM Re: Intregue - To arouse the interest or curiosity of.
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
When I decided to merge some Elvis songs from my old kn1500 with some from my kn6000, the result was laughable. While the kn6k songs sounded great to me, the kn1500 songs were flat and tinny sounding in comparison. The sound difference in the two systems were so great it was like comparing a child's toy piano to a baby grand. If the sound reproduction is as improved in the new 7000 as Technics claims, then we are in for a treat! I have heard a guess-u-lation on the pricing for the new keyboard and it seems my wife will have to quit eating for a year or so before I can afford one here in the States. Now, if only they would have a "buy one, get one free" sale I would split the cost with Gunnar Jonny and we'd both be smiling!

#48748 - 07/17/02 07:37 PM Re: Intregue - To arouse the interest or curiosity of.
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
Hey Bud, since we live so close together maybe we can get a volume discount somewhere like Swansons. Maybe Doug can give me some lessons on how to talk Carol into giving me her lunch money for the next six months. Doug seems to understand how to treat Ruthie and maybe it will work with Carol.

#48749 - 07/18/02 08:16 AM Re: Intregue - To arouse the interest or curiosity of.
Douglas Dean Offline

Bob,

Love em to death and when they can't think straight anymore you got it made!!

Wisdom taken from the archives of experiance from old -

Grandpa Doug

P.S. Among other things, getting my 0007 (spelled backwards) next month. See? It works!!

#48750 - 07/18/02 08:33 AM Re: Intregue - To arouse the interest or curiosity of.
technicsplayer Offline

please remember to check your mac compatibility carefully, Grampa Doug!

#48751 - 07/18/02 09:06 AM Re: Intregue - To arouse the interest or curiosity of.
Douglas Dean Offline

Alec,

Are you talking about my Mac having problems with the zipper? Thanks to you you talked me through the problem of zipping and unzipping. Mac can now zip and unzipper anything that comes along. As for me, I never had a zipper problem. Well maybe once when something got pinched in the zipping of the zipper. Believe me, sometimes a guy only needs one lesson to be more careful.

Grandpa Doug

#48752 - 07/18/02 11:02 AM Re: Intregue - To arouse the interest or curiosity of.
technicsplayer Offline

ouch! that was painful just reading it! I slink away slowly, carefully, knees together, and stooped over.

#48753 - 07/18/02 12:11 PM Re: Intregue - To arouse the interest or curiosity of.
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
.... but it's one certain way of reaching TOP C without a keyboard

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#48754 - 07/18/02 12:50 PM Re: Intregue - To arouse the interest or curiosity of.
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway

GJ

AUuuuuuuuuu......... my zip broke!!
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online