SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 27 of 39 < 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 38 39 >
Topic Options
#406853 - 08/12/15 05:35 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

I have cancelled my order for the Ketron SD 7 because of the slow action of Ketron to update. I feel uneasy about owning
the SD 7 even though I think it has great possibilities. Lloyd

#406855 - 08/12/15 05:40 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

I have cancelled my order for the Ketron SD 7 because of the
update that has yet to be added. I feel Ketron is too slow
to fix the problems. I do like the keyboard but I decided to
stick to Yamaha. One must feel confident in a product that
costs this kind of money. I wish all Ketron owners the best. Lloyd

#406861 - 08/12/15 08:31 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: ]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Hi Lloyd,
I'm really sorry to hear this. Ketron in Italy closes for the month of August - that is the reason for the delay. Hope all works out ok for you.

Deane

#406864 - 08/12/15 09:19 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

Thanks Deane and I wish you the very best with your SD 7 Lloyd

#406902 - 08/13/15 05:46 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Lloyd, If you change your mind, my SD7 is still available!!
Don P

#406905 - 08/13/15 07:04 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

Don,
I have ordered a Yamaha PSR s970 from Frank at Audioworks. I feel much more confident in Yamaha. The log delays and promises that are only promises make me feel uncomfortable. Ketron may
be a excellent keyboard and I hope all the Ketron owners will
be happy. Lloyd

#407069 - 08/18/15 04:52 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

Ketron owners: I have to apologize to all of you for being so quick to find fault with Ketron. I know now that the notice of the update was mentioned too soon. Ketron is taking care of the updates and all is well. Saying this, I want to mention that I
had email contacts with AJ and Frank of Audioworks and I have
reinstated my order with Ketron.

Frank was more than understanding, putting my order back on line and being so nice to me. Frank is one dealer in a million and I am so glad I found him back in 2013 when I bought my Tyros 5-76.
Lloyd

#407078 - 08/18/15 09:46 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Problem really is, Lloyd, that the SD7 was released too soon. Yes, it is excellent and very usable for most people as it is, but as is typical from them, and also from other companies, they are using us as beta testers.
I fully expect it to be everything they say it is supposed to be, but I'm must add that I am more than ready for the updates.
I am disappointed that it was released without the chord fingering mode that I normally use, as that mode was on all previous Ketrons. I am disappointed that the text file cannot yet be associated with Registrations. I am disappointed that there are mistakes in some of the factory styles. These fixes have been promised and I expect they will be coming after Ketron's annual vacation in the month of August.
Meanwhile, I am using Korg PA3X on the job.
I know AJ is working hard on getting Ketron to expedite the updates, but I do feel obligated to report the bad along with the good.

#407081 - 08/18/15 10:14 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: DonM]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

Don,
Thanks for being honest about Ketron. According to AJ the update will be put in all the new SD 7 that have arrived
and come to him. He says it will be posted ASAP from Italy.

I have had similar problems owning Roland, Wersi and Yamaha and my 2015 Ford Escape which I just returned from the dealer
who had to reprogram the Instrument Cluster to make sure it is
reading all the info. Like you say Don, we are the ones who
find all the errors and then have to wait for corrections.
Along with the good comes the bad ! Lloyd

#407156 - 08/21/15 05:33 AM Re: NEW KETRON SD7 Owners Please post REVIEWS HERE... [Re: Dnj]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

My Ketron SD 7 arrives on Monday. I thank Frank for being so helpful to me in making the decision to purchase the keyboard.
I also thank AJ for keeping in contact and making the purchase
a pleasure.

Have copied the owners manual to my computer and am reading it
bit by bit so I can know more about operation it. Lloyd

Page 27 of 39 < 1 2 25 26 27 28 29 38 39 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online