SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#492797 - 03/26/20 01:11 PM Re: Uncle Dave Your new SD7 Review yet? [Re: Dnj]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Don,
I know the user styles do not contain the RH voice. I did not know the registrations contained the voices. But, I have not used registrations a lot. I need to work with that and do some experimenting. Still loving my Ketron experience and I really like the convenience of my SD40 module.

Deane

#492798 - 03/26/20 01:14 PM Re: Uncle Dave Your new SD7 Review yet? [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yes, I was able to load all my SD7 Registrations into the SD40 when I had it, and they all worked perfectly, pulling up styles, text, voices, etc., even though they weren't saved anywhere on the module or USB.

#492799 - 03/26/20 01:24 PM Re: Uncle Dave Your new SD7 Review yet? [Re: hammer]
Shade of pale Offline

Loc: Allen, TX, USA
Originally Posted By hammer
Don,
I know the user styles do not contain the RH voice. I did not know the registrations contained the voices. But, I have not used registrations a lot. I need to work with that and do some experimenting. Still loving my Ketron experience and I really like the convenience of my SD40 module.

Deane

Hi Deane, I think you can save your user voice in the 4 slots and save them with your user styles.

SD9, Audya5, Genos, Roland XP60, 2 Yamaha DSR12, 2 Yamaha Sub, 2 Turbosound 2000

#492801 - 03/26/20 01:34 PM Re: Uncle Dave Your new SD7 Review yet? [Re: Dnj]
Shade of pale Offline

Loc: Allen, TX, USA

Originally Posted By Dnj

Quote:

SD7 is a great keyboards if I don’t have both Audya and SD9, I’d have keep it, I hope you’d enjoy it, just check ups it’s on the way, please use it for your FB live, I’d love to hear you with Sd7 🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓

Shades of Pale ...
would love to hear your EA7 review also once you get to using it...

Hi Donny, I always like Roland styles, but the lack of 1. Real Break button 2. No hold button, (to be fair, Yamaha doesn’t have it either ) 3. No restart/restyles button that’s kind of a deal breaker for me. But overall I t does what I expected it to do, small enough, has some of the built in styles from Thailand which I’d like to have 2-3 Times a year. I’m amazed at what Don Mason and other player here made some fabulous music with EA7🤓

Thanx

SD9, Audya5, Genos, Roland XP60, 2 Yamaha DSR12, 2 Yamaha Sub, 2 Turbosound 2000

#492804 - 03/26/20 01:47 PM Re: Uncle Dave Your new SD7 Review yet? [Re: Shade of pale]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By Shade of pale

Originally Posted By Dnj

Quote:

SD7 is a great keyboards if I don’t have both Audya and SD9, I’d have keep it, I hope you’d enjoy it, just check ups it’s on the way, please use it for your FB live, I’d love to hear you with Sd7 🤓🤓🤓🤓🤓

Shades of Pale ...
would love to hear your EA7 review also once you get to using it...

Hi Donny, I always like Roland styles, but the lack of 1. Real Break button 2. No hold button, (to be fair, Yamaha doesn’t have it either ) 3. No restart/restyles button that’s kind of a deal breaker for me. But overall I t does what I expected it to do, small enough, has some of the built in styles from Thailand which I’d like to have 2-3 Times a year. I’m amazed at what Don Mason and other player here made some fabulous music with EA7🤓

Thanx

Tye, try using intro 1 for a fill/break. You have to hit it slightly early, but a lot of the factory styles have been changed to make it very useful.
As far as Hold button, not certain what you mean, but remember a lot of functions can be assigned to the row of buttons on the bottom left. I have assigned 1.Tempo Ritard (to ritard endings mostly), 2. Track Mute (even though there is a dedicated button. Default is mute all style parts except drum and bass). 3. R1 DSP on/off. 4. Lead voice cycle between R1, R2 and R3. 5. Melody Intelligence. 6. Arranger Hold (maybe what you need?) 7. Lower Hold
This arranger is VERY deep. Don't give up on it until you learn what all it can do. In many cases a long press (press and hold) opens up editing screens. The Balance knob doubles as a data wheel...much, much more than isn't readily apparent.

#492806 - 03/26/20 02:11 PM Re: Uncle Dave Your new SD7 Review yet? [Re: DonM]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By DonM
Track Mute (even though there is a dedicated button. Default is mute all style parts except drum and bass).

Don et al,
Is it an option in lieu of a break button to use this track mute button, or the arr on/off as a break? Seems like it'd be suitable with just the drums playing while you do your break. Thoughts?

#492807 - 03/26/20 02:16 PM Re: Uncle Dave Your new SD7 Review yet? [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
no more icon

Donny, I know you're emotional right now. We all are. Let's stay calm, and focused. This is a 100% safe space to connect with friends. Let's embrace the opportunity. As per requests - I'm thinking of going live with the SD7 very soon. I even shaved today. Love ya, man.

#492808 - 03/26/20 02:25 PM Re: Uncle Dave Your new SD7 Review yet? [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Originally Posted By DonM
Track Mute (even though there is a dedicated button. Default is mute all style parts except drum and bass).

Don et al,
Is it an option in lieu of a break button to use this track mute button, or the arr on/off as a break? Seems like it'd be suitable with just the drums playing while you do your break. Thoughts?

You could do that. You'd have to hit it once to turn on and again to turn on.
BTW when a midi file is playing the track mute button mutes track 4 of the midi file, and of course it can be changed by holding the button down and selecting another track.
I save Track Mute because I had a button I wasn't using and it is easier to see in low light than the built-in button.
When I first got the EA7, after using it a week or so, the style parts quit playing. I tried everything and finally decided it was broken. I took it to the shop and they couldn't find anything wrong. Later I discovered that the track mute button and been engaged and saved to a User Program. I didn't know that it controlled style parts; I thought it was for only midi parts, as all the other arrangers I've owned had done!

#492809 - 03/26/20 02:37 PM Re: SD7 Review Dave [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

... the mind is a terrible thing! laugh2

#492813 - 03/26/20 03:00 PM Re: SD7 Review Dave [Re: Uncle Dave]
DonM Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
... the mind is a terrible thing! laugh2

For sure. I have read that owner's manual so many times I can almost recite it, at least the parts that affect my usage. Still a lot it can do that I don't get into...sampling for example.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online