SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#493017 - 03/28/20 09:25 AM Re: Do Retirees get the stimulus check? [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Perhaps those of us who may not need the stimulus can just donate it to a local food pantry or something similar ...

MLB/Fanatic has done something similar, in that they are making masks and gowns for medical workers out of the baseball jersey material ...
I also heard that FORD has retooled to make the masks that are needed ... This is a war, and companies are responding as they did during wars ...
Say what we will about big business, but they certainly appear to be there when needed ...

#493077 - 03/28/20 06:30 PM Re: Do Retirees get the stimulus check? [Re: Dnj]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
! agree I really don't need it with Army retirement and SS BUT after having to pay out 10 grand to IRS I will have no problem spending it! That way I will be doing my part to help with stimulating the economy.

#493105 - 03/29/20 08:07 AM Re: Do Retirees get the stimulus check? [Re: Dnj]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Politicians of all stripes do strange things "when the Ox is in the ditch." I'm not expecting a check but will keep it and possibly upgrade to a used SX-900. LOL! I wish none of this had happened... it sounds like a terrible way to die but I hope the world of medicine will develop better ways to stockpile and combat the next wave of viruses.

Glad Nigel provides us a place to vent our frustration and many forms of being human. Stay safe and well, my friends.

----Dave Rice

#493106 - 03/29/20 08:11 AM Re: Do Retirees get the stimulus check? [Re: Dnj]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
my wife tells me I'm donating my stimulus to my favorite charity-her. smile

#493111 - 03/29/20 09:19 AM Re: Do Retirees get the stimulus check? [Re: Dnj]
flingers Offline

Loc: Saline, Mi. USA
nothing has been spoken of how they are funding this (great package) I sure hope it is not with social security funds?

#493112 - 03/29/20 09:23 AM Re: Do Retirees get the stimulus check? [Re: Dnj]
flingers Offline

Loc: Saline, Mi. USA
Also confused, Trump says he signed a 6.2 trillion bill...but then it is said it is a 2.1 trillion stimulus package????

#493113 - 03/29/20 09:23 AM Re: Do Retirees get the stimulus check? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Yes it has - on the news last night they said the government will push the Print button on the printer, print new money, then someone, most likely China, will be purchasing the debt, which of course, will push us much farther into debt. Ironically, if you look at the bill pushed through congress, the pork funding is unbelievable and has absolutely nothing to do with caronavirus.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#493114 - 03/29/20 09:23 AM Re: Do Retirees get the stimulus check? [Re: flingers]
Bill Lewis Online   content

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Originally Posted By flingers
nothing has been spoken of how they are funding this (great package) I sure hope it is not with social security funds?

Just like the "perfect" tax cut. Another 2 Trillion on the National debt. Kick it down the road.

#493124 - 03/29/20 10:23 AM Re: Do Retirees get the stimulus check? [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
"Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die". Just like that line from Porgy and Bess, most retirees agree that they probably shouldn't be getting a check but nobody's sending theirs back......'cause a nice new (or used) keyboard is really going to help sustain us during this Coronavirus crisis. But hey, let's blame it on those 'pork barrel-loving Democrats' while we quietly gobble down the pork. Besides, when the country goes broke we can always blame it on the 'PREVIOUS' administration. Clearly what is needed now to help the common working man is another massive CORPORATE tax break (sarcasm intended).Just sayin'.

chas

#493133 - 03/29/20 11:02 AM Re: Do Retirees get the stimulus check? [Re: Dnj]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Serenity Prayer seems applicable here.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online