SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#493515 - 04/03/20 11:17 AM Re: Double Genos Keyboard/Organ [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Both the np32 and 31 have low quallity keybeds..
So in a dual keybed Genos you want a great keyboard as lower
As thats generally where you play the piano sounds..

There is no really good 76 midi keyboards for sale..
Which makes it best to use a high quallity used keyboard,
Think G70, motif ES or others, just as a midi controller

And the combine it with a small tablet running V-console
Which gives you the number of sounds required for 2x76 keys

http://keyszone.boards.net

#493585 - 04/04/20 05:42 AM Re: Double Genos Keyboard/Organ [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Bruno123, The cost of doing this is very reasonable, as compared to an organ of even close to the sound quality......A Genos + about $1k, if you do the pedals too.

Thanks Russ, I thought their price or the SW was pretty reasonable, maybe I should look into it some more, are the registrations really good is a big question as there are not many demos.
Lee

#493586 - 04/04/20 05:46 AM Re: Double Genos Keyboard/Organ [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Bachus, yes that's a concern, but any way I go the upper will need to actually set on top of the lower, so can't have sw, knobs etc on top of the lower, like many kbds do...that's the challenge. What I really would like is a plain MIDI kbd with electronics that they would use to actually build a organ from, but have not found it yet.

#493587 - 04/04/20 05:47 AM Re: Double Genos Keyboard/Organ [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Did Richard Bower (UK) make the registrations?

#493706 - 04/04/20 02:40 PM Re: Double Genos Keyboard/Organ [Re: leeboy]
gambler Offline

Thanks Russ, I thought their price or the SW was pretty reasonable, maybe I should look into it some more, are the registrations really good is a big question as there are not many demos.
Lee [/quote]

Hi Lee,

To give you an example they are selling - Super Elite Upgrade for Tyros-5 for £299.

It claims to have over 600 registrations. l spoke to the guys that run this company at a music event and they claimed they had completed all the work on the software themselves. l later found out this was not true. To be fair to the people involved l won't reveal any names, but l do in fact know the 2 guys who were in fact responsible for making the software.

As l said before the bulk of this Super Elite is in fact the Regi stick 4 which has 480 registrations. A well known guy in the UK who used to be a Yamaha demonstrator was responsible for Regi stick 4. Most of the rest of what that software contains came from an entirely different company. l have spoken to both of the guys involved who have confirmed it was their work. As l have also told you before you can buy the Regi stick 4 for around £36. The other software has to be loaded using YEM, but the bulk of it can be bought for around £50. So hopefully you can see there is a big difference in what they are charging.

If you look at the full TRX system for the Genos it is £7299. l've just had a quick look, and without bartering, in the UK you can buy the Genos with speakers for around £3400, NP32 is approx. £235, Bass pedals £330. That comes to £3965. The only thing l haven't looked at is the volume and sustain pedals. So basically for the pedals, stand and stool that adds over £3300 on top of what you can buy the keyboards and pedals for. When l put my system together it was originally with a Tyros 5, which l traded for the Genos and l can tell you it cost nowhere near what this company are charging.

Hopefully that has given you a bit more insight.

Kind regards,

Russ

Edited by gambler (04/05/20 01:43 PM)

#493708 - 04/04/20 02:42 PM Re: Double Genos Keyboard/Organ [Re: leeboy]
gambler Offline

Originally Posted By leeboy
Did Richard Bower (UK) make the registrations?

wink

#493742 - 04/05/20 05:51 AM Re: Double Genos Keyboard/Organ [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Russ, Interesting.....So I am hoping the registick 4 is for a 2 manual setup? And where do I get it? I'm thinking Yamaha Club in UK?

As to the other SW you mentioned in excess of the Registick 4, where can I order it from?

I can make my own stand setup, I will also get all my own HW,,,the 2 things they have I may get from them
1) The exp pedal with 2 built in switches (but I may be able to make my own) and the MIDI box that allows the NP31 to connect (USB host)and the bass pedals to do MIDI thru.

I really appreciate your helping me out here...
If you like you can tel me all this on PM?
Thanks,
Lee

Edited by leeboy (04/05/20 05:52 AM)

#493772 - 04/05/20 11:26 AM Re: Double Genos Keyboard/Organ [Re: Dnj]
124 Offline

Photo of a nice two board setup here on Keith Ball's site.
http://korgpahelper.yolasite.com/

#493787 - 04/05/20 01:58 PM Re: Double Genos Keyboard/Organ [Re: leeboy]
gambler Offline

[quote=leeboy]Russ, Interesting.....So I am hoping the registick 4 is for a 2 manual setup? And where do I get it? I'm thinking Yamaha Club in UK?

As to the other SW you mentioned in excess of the Registick 4, where can I order it from?
Hi Lee

l've sent you a PM as not sure abpout the rules for pasting links for other companies.

Kind regards,

Russ

#493802 - 04/06/20 02:25 AM Re: Double Genos Keyboard/Organ [Re: gambler]
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
A Twinset can be put together at very low cost with any used keyboard.
Important it has Midi.
My Twinset is TOP T5-76-LOWER Np30.
The NP30 Drives T5 ACC's & Styles over it's full length.
T5 now has full keys to split into different voice zone.

With my LOWER controlling all sounds on the UPPER it's volume is muted.
The 2 boards need to be as close as possible together so LOWER controls are not needed.

https://app.box.com/s/lymi6906rhn9pnvvrlkpi1213ybd5kwr

Edited by Graham UK (04/06/20 08:13 AM)

Page 2 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online