SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 9 of 10 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 >
Topic Options
#509434 - 01/08/24 02:31 PM Re: BiaB unique demos [Re: cgiles]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
No one has recorded a hit song using an arranger. But they have using a DAW. So just exactly where do you want to draw the line! Oh yes, I almost forgot: Even a chimp can operate a DAW! It does however take a genius & a pure musician to operate an arranger.

What truly stuns me: This topic is for would be BiaB enthusiasts. Yet it is now being derailed by those who have no interested whatsoever in the subject bar to find a place to dump their uncalled for opinion. It truly must be hard to be so bored with life...

#509435 - 01/08/24 03:16 PM Re: BiaB unique demos [Re: Henni]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
There is nothing that BiaB has to offer that can replace my Arranger Keyboards for my use.
NO WAY, because as I see it, BiaB is a PC/Mac software to write in chordprogressions to create backingtracs / playback.
I can imagine that it's a great tool for those who act like karaoke singers, to create studio recordings or for those that don't play any instruments themselves.

When use 'Autocomp Arranger Keyboard' and play live, you're free to improvice and add i.e. lenght to a song on the fly if the crowd, listeners or you want to.
You can even swap song that fit to the style in the middle of a song, or even chose another style and chord in a blink of an eye.
How do you do that with a BiaB mp3?
When playback a mp3 or waw file you're a kind of glued to that recording from start to end.

Btw, is it possible to play and control BiaB live with a midikeyboard?
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#509436 - 01/08/24 03:25 PM Re: BiaB unique demos [Re: Henni]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By Henni
This topic is for would be BiaB enthusiasts.

But this part of SZ Forum is 'General Arranger Keyboard Forum'
and I don't think BiaB is an arranger keyboard?
It's probably more related to DAW, midi-, texteditors and such.....
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#509437 - 01/08/24 08:19 PM Re: BiaB unique demos [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
This topic is for would be BiaB enthusiasts.

But this part of SZ Forum is 'General Arranger Keyboard Forum'
and I don't think BiaB is an arranger keyboard?
It's probably more related to DAW, midi-, texteditors and such.....

SAY WHAT?

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/509403/The_finished_project#Post509403

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/508849/Chas_-_Lions_are_coming!#Post508849

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/509205/OT:_Almost_done...#Post509205

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/508953/Finish_line_in_sight%E2%80%A6#Post508953

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/509021/OT:_Physical_Modeling_Has_Gott#Post509021

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread...utub#Post508801

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/508772/The_Storm#Post508772

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthread..._web#Post508639

#509438 - 01/08/24 08:45 PM Re: BiaB unique demos [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Since the content of this topic has now been turned into "my tool versus yours", please continue to your hearts content. Hopefully the original substance can continue in the new thread.

I will no longer resist your opinions over here. I tried hard to keep this topic neat, organized & professional. Also I arranged my postings in such a way that it does not bump this topic up after each posting so as not to annoy others. Obviously it did not work. It only drew the same old same old from the normal crowd which has become so predictable by now.

#509441 - 01/09/24 06:01 AM Re: BiaB unique demos [Re: Henni]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
No one has recorded a hit song using an arranger. But they have using a DAW. So just exactly where do you want to draw the line! Oh yes, I almost forgot: Even a chimp can operate a DAW! It does however take a genius & a pure musician to operate an arranger.

What truly stuns me: This topic is for would be BiaB enthusiasts. Yet it is now being derailed by those who have no interested whatsoever in the subject bar to find a place to dump their uncalled for opinion. It truly must be hard to be so bored with life...

Download a free DAW (Cakewalk by Band Lab is a good one), then use your knowledge of BIAB to create a backing or song, you will find it is nothing like BIAB, so comparing the 2 is just nonsense.

Arranger Keyboards, Organs, Pianos, Synths, Workstations (DAWs) Drum Machines etc. all require knowledge, skill and practice to get something good out of them, not just sticking chords in and letting a computer make something up for you.

BIAB has its place, as has been mentioned as such in many of the replies, so I cannot see what you are getting upset about. (Each to their own)

BTW. Ketron use audio for their styles yes, however they are still styles.

Bill

Bill

#509444 - 01/09/24 09:04 AM Re: BiaB unique demos [Re: cgiles]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By cgiles
In my opinion, there is not much creative about jotting down some chords in BIAB (or similar), selecting a style, and hitting PLAY. i'm sure THAT could be done by a well trained chimp (well actually he wouldn't have to be that well trained). Seriously, what Diki said above could certainly be applied if that's your approach to starting a project. In fact, I myself use pre-recorded drum tracks or drum tracks I constructed using drum machine software and I always do this FIRST as I play along in my head. So I guess, in a way, I'm doing the same thing, just to a lesser degree. Where available, I ALWAYS prefer a live drummer, but only if he's good (with time and taste).

Another problem with non-realtime programs like BIAB is the difficulty in using them (or their creations) on a gig. Ignore this if you aren't gigging. What do you do with a request that's not in your song file? Hum it? or maybe call a break and start furiously typing in chords? or just be honest and tell the requester that your computer doesn't know that.....yet. At least with an arranger, if you know it or can quickly bring it up from your digitized fake book, AND can play, you can probably hack it and get that $2.00 tip (that's where those years of music lessons come in) smile .

The point is, no one that can play even a little bit, is ever going to trade in their arranger KB for BIAB. They may buy/use it IN ADDITION TO their keyboard, especially in a way as described in Diki's post. But let's face it; that old adage is still true; 'you get what you pay for'. Your old, outdated laptop, your questionable taste and talent, and a $99+ program is not going to be a viable substitute for a Genos or PA5x. PLUS, doesn't the primary joy in this business come from PLAYING? JMO.

chas

I have to Totally agree with Chas on all his points made..
good post.[color:#FF0000][/color]

Edited by Dnj (01/09/24 09:06 AM)

#509448 - 01/09/24 10:17 AM Re: BiaB unique demos [Re: Dnj]
Henni Offline

I've created a thread specifically for all you like minded musicians - please discuss in the appropriate topic in future.

#509461 - 01/09/24 11:38 AM Re: BiaB unique demos [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

What follows now are more backtracks made by ordinary users - freely available for public use. This will demonstrate what can be created by yourself at home, in your living room with BiaB alone:

I dont want miss a thing

As She's Walking Away

I Don't Wanna Ride The Rails No More

I Ain't As Good As I Once Was

Imagine

Can't Get Enough of Your Love

Doolin Dalton

Every Time I Roll The Dice

He Stopped Loving Her Today

Honky Tonk Woman

In My Own Mind

Little Liza Jane