#508889 - 09/26/23 03:54 AM Re: BiaB unique demos [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Video Tutorials: Band-in-a-Box® for Windows

https://www.pgmusic.com/videos.bbwin.htm

#508890 - 09/26/23 03:59 AM Re: BiaB unique demos [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

I think I am more or less done. Sure hope I've wet your appetite as I get the impression many around here did not know much about this fantastic package.

As soon as I have my own copy of it, I will start to post some my creations over here. If I can only afford one instrument for the duration of my life then it would be BiaB. Should I be more blessed, then next an full Ajamsonic Event and next a Genos - precisely in that order. That should keep me busy for awhile smile

As a sidenote:

All the demos recorded by me are the default demos that come with the style. I.o.w. if you select any style, it will create a new work page in your main working windows with these specific chords and "variations" as recorded in the demo. This makes for a nice start of your new song. Now you can chop & change at your own leasure till you end up with your very own unique song. BiaB also has the option of ramdomly adding new chords with their unique progressions to any style. This was specifically created so you could play through these unlimited random versions until something inspires you to write a new song from that point onwards.

#508891 - 09/26/23 08:25 AM Re: BiaB unique demos [Re: Henni]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Henni, BIAB is definitely an interesting and exciting program that has continued to mature with each annual update. It has been discussed here many times. My personal opinion regarding BIAB is although it is a great program, it is a daunting task to dive in and master its capabilities. Along with that…until PG Music figures out a way to make it a real time midi controlled program, will it compete with the powerful hardware arrangers on the market today. Great job sharing all the demos!

#508892 - 09/26/23 09:40 AM Re: BiaB unique demos [Re: jingleman]
Henni Offline

Hi Jingleman,

I understand the problem. Arrangers are Realtime only. I.o.w it has no idea what progression of chords follow next. BiaB does. So even before anything plays, it is fully optimized for those specific sequence of chord changes. No ways can it be achieved in realtime.

I thought long & hard about this. One solution for an arranger like i.e. the Ketron Event would be to have a "Learn" button. So when you play live, anytime you enter any repetitive section, you select this button on the fly at the start & precisely at the end of the repetition.

Now the arranger can do EXACTLY the same as BiaB for the next repetition. The result should be spectacular. It would be like a "Variation 1" for the first session and more complex variations for the rest to follow.

But yes, BiaB could tone down their solo sections for Realtime playing and allow you to interface with something that can influence whatever is currently playing. That would really create something AWESOME!!! I will not be surprised if they are already working on such an idea.

In any case, with the newest arranger technology, one can at least create something in an audio format with BiaB that could interface with the arranger (i.e. a multipad) and use this to GREATLY enhance your performance. Pity I do not have an arranger for now as I could demonstrate this with awesomeness. This would be the natural way to go for me.

As far as I understand, the Ketron Event would make this easier than anything else.

Also, think what would happen if Ketron could come to some sort of a financial arrangement with BiaB to use some of their styles and voices. They have such a vast database (I mentioned 11500 before). Yes, many of these utilize the same style, but you can browse in completely different audio sections into ANY track of ANY style which IMMEDIATELY makes for a complete new style.

#508893 - 09/26/23 10:30 AM Re: BiaB unique demos [Re: Henni]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
A chord looper (Or as Roland called it a chord sequencer) has been available on Roland keyboards since the 2000s, Korg also added it, as well as the software arranger vArranger.
If you are using a computer there are 100s & 100s of VSTs on the market to get whatever sounds you want, and if you use vARranger or a Wersi OAX instrument they can load and use any VST you want.
Look at what's in modern arrangers (Or if you really want to go to town Workstations) and you can do pretty much anything you want.
BIAB is a fantastic program that has really evolved, and if you want to use it with a keyboard, just record the output as an audio file, load it into your keyboard (Most instruments can play audio files) and play along to it.
Anyway, thanks for posting, it's always interesting.

Bill

#508895 - 09/26/23 05:34 PM Re: BiaB unique demos [Re: Henni]
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Simply amazing Henni,
Thanks for once again sharing "what ya got"

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#508896 - 09/26/23 06:11 PM Re: BiaB unique demos [Re: Henni]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Thanks for sharing. Something to look into 😎

#508897 - 09/26/23 07:27 PM Re: BiaB unique demos [Re: Bill Lewis]
Henni Offline

Because I finally received some response, I've decided to continue with the demos. Only now I will list ALL the styles I like and not ONLY the ones that cannot be re-created on an arranger.

You all know how much I love styles so creating & listening to these fulfil me more than I could say. If you decide that you've had enough, only tell me so & I'll stop. There are MANY more to listen to.

#508898 - 09/26/23 09:38 PM Re: BiaB unique demos [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

#508899 - 09/26/23 10:10 PM Re: BiaB unique demos [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online