SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#509466 - 01/09/24 09:05 PM Re: Software/Softsynth arrangers versus real ones [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Yup, just as I expected. There was no real desire to discuss this topic. The ONLY aim was to derail the other thread.

So, why don't one of you start a topic on arrangers in general. Back it up with as many links as I do & also with as many of your own & other's contributions as I do.

Be warned though, this requires a LOT of effort. However, the reward will be a renewed interest in what you REALLY want to discuss.

Nothing comes for free. In stead of trying to stop that which works as a result of the effort being put into it, make a decision to put an effort into backing up what you believe in & promote it with your own sweat like I do. Between all of you you should be able to come up with a lot of material produced by yourselves demonstrating the feautures of the specific product you are using.

I am not trying to pitch BiaB against arrangers as I loved every one of my arrangers (my contributions verify this). Yes, sometimes my enthusiasm gets the better of me.

You say the arranger is the better option & I have absolutely no reason to not believe you. Now back this belief up with a topic of you own on arrangers in general with many, many samples to demonstrate your point. No, this is no contest, it is making others aware of what you believe & as to why you believe it.

And don't be amazed if the interest is re-kindled as a direct result.

#509471 - 01/10/24 01:04 AM Re: Software/Softsynth arrangers versus real ones [Re: Henni]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Starting a new thread and then copy & pasting replies from another thread out of context is meaningless & pointless.
If you are going to start a new thread on a different subject, then do so, but do not transfer over replies from other threads.

Bill

#509472 - 01/10/24 01:07 AM Re: Software/Softsynth arrangers versus real ones [Re: abacus]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
Starting a new thread and then copy & pasting replies from another thread out of context is meaningless & pointless.
If you are going to start a new thread on a different subject, then do so, but do not transfer over replies from other threads.

Bill

Not a new subject!

I created the ideal thread for you where you can air your opinions without any resistance from anyone. You should thank me instead as you no longer need to troll my thread in order to do so.

But like I said, your main aim was to derail my thread - you never intended to seriously debate your points. You just needed a place to dump your uncalled for opinion on a topic that does not interest you at all.

If not, you would have seized this ideal opportunity to continue airing your point of view.

#509473 - 01/10/24 02:04 AM Re: Software/Softsynth arrangers versus real ones [Re: Henni]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Looks like we have a new moderator and admin here?
Darn how I miss Nigel!

Henni, may I ask, do you use SZ as a marketplace or showroom to sell backingtracks? Asking, because I remember you did so some time ago.

You talking about "mine is better than yours" mentality. But I can not remember see any other members flood the forum with demos of stuff from a certain brand like that you're doing.
A thread to show entusiasm about BiaB including a few demoes and then continue discuss pros and cons contra arranger keyboards is one thing, but it don't look like that is your goal at all other than post as many 'demoes' as possible without interuption.
It may look like you're promoting PG music as well. Do you gain any benefits? 🤔

For those that don't know about it.
Here is PG Musics forum:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?lang=english
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#509476 - 01/10/24 02:32 AM Re: Software/Softsynth arrangers versus real ones [Re: Gunnar Jonny]
Henni Offline

Originally Posted By Gunnar Jonny
Looks like we have a new moderator and admin here?
Darn how I miss Nigel!

Henni, may I ask, do you use SZ as a marketplace or showroom to sell backingtracks? Asking, because I remember you did so some time ago.

You talking about "mine is better than yours" mentality. But I can not remember see any other members flood the forum with demos of stuff from a certain brand like that you're doing.
A thread to show entusiasm about BiaB including a few demoes and then continue discuss pros and cons contra arranger keyboards is one thing, but it don't look like that is your goal at all other than post as many 'demoes' as possible without interuption.
It may look like you're promoting PG music as well. Do you gain any benefits? 🤔

For those that don't know about it.
Here is PG Musics forum:
https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?lang=english

Originally Posted By Henni
Well Jonny,

Not too much else going on as far as I can tell. So what harm am I causing right now?

Yes, if there was a lot of activity I would completely agree with you. But for the moment...

Henni

In the same way I could post links to Yamaha, Korg & Ketron. Would you be happy with that?

I like AJ VERY much. But is he not also making us aware of his FANTASTIC Ketron update - did you complain at all about that?

And no, PG Music is not even aware of a little "wannabee" like myself. Over the years I've been known over here of promoting things that I find of high value - remember?

Also, do you notice how I update older posts instead so as not to bump up this thread? But tx, you seem to cancel my good intentions by bumping up things so you can complain about it.

Show me a single other thread with so many links in one posting - do you think this just happens by accident?

So when are you starting a topic on general arrangers with as many links as I post? I guarrantee it wil receive many views and a lot of attention. Only prob, it WILL require a lot of effort from yourself. Are you willing to make the sacrifice?

One last thing: As soon as others become bored as you hint, the views will drop & I will no longer give the same attention to update it.

#509478 - 01/10/24 09:44 AM Re: Software/Softsynth arrangers versus real ones [Re: Henni]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I am going to lock this thread. Henni, first warning… you want to be a moderator, go start your own forum.

Personally, I think Henni is trying just a bit too hard. Maybe you should try spamming the BIAB forum with examples of what an arranger can do in real-time, see how the members and moderator team react?

We often have discussions about non-arranger music production, but no-one spams the forum with 30+ posts to ‘prove’ their point. Or did you not notice that?

TOPIC CLOSED.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online