Harry B Offline

Loc: Port Richey, Florida
Scott,
Your postings are most informative, gracious, and always welcome

#53565 - 10/21/05 02:25 PM Re: A Technics KN7000 Owner's Opinion of: "Tyros2"
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Dear Scott,

Hi mate, I agree with the others. We are hobbyists who like playing music. So when they hear a new keyboard comes out, and they become enthusiast because all the hype and fancy websites (e.g. http://aux.music.yamaha.com/tyros2/) then it is not a shame to take a look and a listen to this keyboard. It would not even be a shame to admit that Tyros2 has "beaten" KN7000 in your opinion. So what? I will stick to my KN7000 for the time being, with the four expansion boards inside, SD-Jukebox, SD-Explorer, many, many styles, multi-footpanel, etc...... but maybe I will sell it...

What future brings in this respect is uncertain. One thing is for sure: I cannot afford the Tyros2 in addition to the KN7.

------------------

#53566 - 10/21/05 06:13 PM Re: A Technics KN7000 Owner's Opinion of: "Tyros2"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Harry, many thanks for your support. I'll never forget the fun time we had playing together at the April 2005 Florida Synthzone Keyboard Jam, each of us playing on our DIFFERENT brand keyboards: from Technics KN7000, to your nice Roland piano, and of course my Yamaha Tyros. They ALL sounded great to my ears. It's ALL about "making" music !

#53567 - 10/21/05 06:34 PM Re: A Technics KN7000 Owner's Opinion of: "Tyros2"
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi fmlk, and everyone else here. The bottom line is, if you're still getting a lot of musical making pleasure from the keyboard you currently own, by all means . . . stick with what you got. At the same time, nothing's wrong with staying informed with what the latest keyboards offer. Only then will you have the tools to decide whether to upgrade or not. - Scott

#53568 - 10/21/05 11:19 PM Re: A Technics KN7000 Owner's Opinion of: "Tyros2"
kn7000 Offline

Loc: Melbourne,Victoria.Australia
Hi Kn7. Just a little back-up for you, re the kn7000. I consider the kn7000 to be the best sounding, user friendliest, best all in styles, without having to lay-out for 11 expansion boards like the Roland G-70 at considerable Extra cost to the buyer. The kn7000 had it all, and it proved itself to beat allcomers. The company let it down by stopping all productions of musical instruments. Hence the only reason I sold my KN7000 was because of the Technics Company. I am extremely sorry I did sell. I feel like I've lost a part of myself. kn7000

#53569 - 10/25/05 01:45 AM Re: A Technics KN7000 Owner's Opinion of: "Tyros2"
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Yes Bill you can't be blamed for moving on. Technics/Panasonic have left you no other choice. As good a product as Technics keyboards are ( and all the Technics owners on this forum will attest to that !!! ) there will never be any improved products coming in the future. Like Bugs Bunny said "That's All Folks !!!".

Eventually most Technics owners will be forced to start looking at more modern keyboards from other manufacturers.

But that doesn't mean that all Technics owners will be in a hurry to upgrade. If your keyboard is allowing you to express yourself musically then there is no need to to try and upgrade. Sometimes technical advantages are not all that important. But that is the question you must answer yourself because eveyone sees it differently.

#53570 - 10/25/05 07:33 AM Re: A Technics KN7000 Owner's Opinion of: "Tyros2"
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Well said people,
This is my year to buy a new keyboard. I would be buying a new Technics if there was one as I still have 4 and have owned 4 others. However, because there are no more I spent the last few months researching those available and narrowed down to the Korg PA1X, Roland G 70 and Yamaha Tyros 2.
I already have one of each of the above named companies boards so no advantage to any of them in my decision. I decided on the merits of each unit and how it would work for me.
I have purchased the Tyros 2 from Dan O'Neil at Keyboard City in Baltimore and expect delivery in the very near future, as I was the first to order from him and will be shipped the first unit he receives.
I will be keeping one or two of the 4 technics keyboards.
This is/was a tought decision for me but at my age I have to keep moving as time waits for no one. I probably would have made a different decision if I was a lot younger.
Best to all in your difficult keyboard buying decisions.
Bebop

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online