SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#54521 - 03/25/07 09:48 AM Re: JAM IS SET UP AND READY TO GO
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
International Stars,

"Noth'n could be finer than eggs in Carolina" except our three stars from England.

I do not have to tell you about Roger Mepsted and Bill Norries talent. Top drawer. Both played in their own style and were a big hit. Bills sequencing demo with tutorial was outstanding.

Our International Surprise was cabinet maker Peter Davey. His original songs brought the house down.

They intend to repeat in 2008. We hope more foreign ambassadors will accompany them. They are credit to their homeland.

Fran in SC

#54522 - 03/25/07 10:02 AM Re: JAM IS SET UP AND READY TO GO
Fran D Offline

Forum Members,

I would like to publicly thank Ed Marill for his contribution to the Jam. Ed has a 7000 but gave up performing in order to document the occasion on video tape. He spent 2 days behind a camera and recorded 4 hours of video.

Ed is a charter boat Captain in Marathon Key, Fl., and is booked up until May. Then he will send me the footage and I will do my best to make a movie of the event.

Next year, forget the camera and hit the 7000.

Fran in SC

Ps.....If you are looking for a cruise in Floria waters contact Ed at www.marill.com

#54523 - 03/25/07 06:33 PM Re: JAM IS SET UP AND READY TO GO
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran D:
International Stars,

"Noth'n could be finer than eggs in Carolina" except our three stars from England.

I do not have to tell you about Roger Mepsted and Bill Norries talent. Top drawer. Both played in their own style and were a big hit. Bills sequencing demo with tutorial was outstanding.

Our International Surprise was cabinet maker Peter Davey. His original songs brought the house down.

They intend to repeat in 2008. We hope more foreign ambassadors will accompany them. They are credit to their homeland.

Fran in SC

For those of us who were unable to attend the fabulous Jam and share the talents and skill of the attendees, is there any way that the "international stars", such as Bill Norrie (mentioned above), can/will share his notes on his sequencing tutorial, and/or Peter Davey's original songs, etc.??????

It sounds like this might have been the best Jam of the past several years; how I wish I could have been there with you all IN PERSON. Please share with us all, either via the SZ Forum or individual e-mails to the interested--and that may be all of us devoted disciples of the 7000!

Thanks in advance.

Ted Rose SmileyCentral.com

[This message has been edited by Ted Rose (edited 03-25-2007).]

#54524 - 03/26/07 04:27 AM Re: JAM IS SET UP AND READY TO GO
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Ted,
I will add copies of the tutorials to the 'Tech Tips' page of my website, when I return to UK on the 29th March. Give me around a week to update my website - lots to do when I return to UK. I'll post their availability on this Forum.

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#54525 - 03/26/07 06:20 AM Re: JAM IS SET UP AND READY TO GO
Fran D Offline

Our special thanks to Colin Leaney for his Jam input. Most songs are written with a verse and chorus however most performances use only the chorus. Colin recorded the complete music for several songs. Bill played the verse and asked the audience to name the song and then he played the chorus.
Only three popular songs were recognized!
Country boy Glen Smith got two of the three. In my opinion, playing both verse and chorus enhances the song and should be done more often.

Roland G70 was played by stride piano man Harold Babcock. Tyros II was played by Harry Chambers. I was impressed by the Tyros II guitar sounds. With the talent of these two gentleman any instrument sounds good.

Fran in SC

#54526 - 03/26/07 10:25 PM Re: JAM IS SET UP AND READY TO GO
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Fran it sounds like it was truly a great get together. Are there some video clips that have been converted to AVI or some other computer format that I could put on Synth Zone to make available for other members to watch? If there are let me know and I'll make them available for everyone.

#54527 - 03/27/07 03:11 AM Re: JAM IS SET UP AND READY TO GO
Fran D Offline

Nigel,

I will not receive the raw footage until May or June but when I do I will send a DVD to you. Without your forum we would not exist. MANY THANKS!! Hope you can join us next year.

Send me your snail mail address.

Fran in SC

#54528 - 03/27/07 11:53 PM Re: JAM IS SET UP AND READY TO GO
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Just a word on behalf of Peter and myself to record our grateful thanks to all those who welcomed us and looked after us so well throughout the convention - in particular Glen S. and John C. along with the ever genial Bernie ( what did you have in that billie can all the time?)
Fran and Jack please accept our congratulations for the organisation that went into the event, and finally a speacial word of thanks to the ladies (Nadine et al) who served us so well..
Many thanks again to all of you
Roger M

#54529 - 03/28/07 02:10 AM Re: JAM IS SET UP AND READY TO GO
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Hi Roger
The pleasure was indeed ours. You fine gents from the U.K. is always a special treat.

As far as my cup is conscerned, like I told you, I won't tell you what is in it until you tell me what is under Peter's kilt.

I sure hope ypu can make it next year.

#54530 - 03/28/07 07:03 AM Re: JAM IS SET UP AND READY TO GO
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Jam 2007, thank you Fran and company the Jam was great. Phyllis and I left West Palm Beach in our motor Home Wednesday morning at 5:30 AM , our intent was to enjoy as much Jam time as possible. As we pulled into the Jam site a hand waving crazy woman came from the building shouting, “Hi Phyllis, Hi john”, it was Nadine. Because I am new at Motor Homing Glenn took my coach and back it into the parking area. What a welcome.

I have said that the Jam was 70% keyboard and 30% about the people. I need to turn that around – 70% people and 30% keyboard. Meeting with people that we meet with one and two years ago was beautiful. Because of our common interest, the KN7000 keyboard, friendship was renewed instantaneously, it was as if we met with them yesterday.

Fran, Bernie, Bill, Roger, Peter, Jim and many others present (All were important) made the Jam something I wish to return to next year. I had a chance to learn things I did not know and share things that I do know. The meeting room was filled with excitement. People were smiling, they were happy to be there, the uplifted feeling was present throughout the room.

Each year the Jam is growing, The people participating seem have grow in their approach – in their offerings. We are all becoming very comfortable, each one of the members now comes with a history.

I have a story about our time with Nadine, Glenn, Roger, Peter and our motor home which I wish to reserve for another post, a kind love story laced with goodies.

Amen to our 2007 Jam, it was fantastic.

John C.

the

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online