SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#57433 - 10/08/02 05:14 PM Re: Multiple Rhythms, Same Song
Lanny Offline

Loc: Placitas, NM USA
Alec,

In reading your earlier post again I think I just repeated exactly what you suggested. I had missed the fact that you had not suggested the intermediate floppy.

#57434 - 10/08/02 09:54 PM Re: Multiple Rhythms, Same Song
Sissle Offline

Loc: USA - South Dakota
Hi Alec and Lanny,

My goal is to have in MEMORY A several different variations of 2 different rhythms.

I think I have confused myself by loading one BANK of rhythms into MEMORY C and the other one into MEMORY B and then trying to merge the best variations of both Memory B and C into MEMORY A.

Instead, I should be loading the best "single" variations into MEMORY A from the first rhythm disk, then repeat loading "single" variations of my second rhythm disk into the same MEMORY A BANK in the variation slots that are still blank. However, I am brain dead for the night, so am quitting for now! Rest assured, I will be back with a vengence until I master this procedure.

Carol

#57435 - 10/09/02 12:47 AM Re: Multiple Rhythms, Same Song
Sissle Offline

Loc: USA - South Dakota
Hi Alec & Lanny,

Couldn't sleep thinking about this! Got up and tried again. It is all so easy it is unbelieveable! The key is a little pre-planning before you start moving things into Memory A! First load your first rhythm choice like usual. Then Load your second disk and highlight the rhythm you want to use, go to page 3 and load the additional variations you want to use, one at a time using Composer and single load. Be sure and load them into an empty slot or over the top of one you don't want from the first disk. Then start working with your instruments and sound settings in your Panel Memory buttons.

I was trying to move everything at once (rhythm variations, Panel Memory, Sound Settings, etc.) from one Memory bank to another Memory bank. Doesn't work that way at all!

Now that I have my base variations built in Memory A, I can rebuild my instruments, sound edits, etc. in the Panel Memory buttons. I smell success just around the corner!

Thanks folks for all the help. You came through for me again, and I appreciate it.

Carol

#57436 - 10/09/02 02:16 AM Re: Multiple Rhythms, Same Song
technicsplayer Offline

now you've got it, and you can do exactly the same thing with individual panel memories off any disk too. The registrations stand, all you have to do is change the composer they point to.

Lanny, Carol started off with 2 disks, so disk load is the easiest way providing the files are all in 7000 format. If patterns are already in composer B and C you can use composer copy, but this would be unnecessary complication if starting from 2 disks.

#57437 - 10/09/02 08:47 AM Re: Multiple Rhythms, Same Song
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
I don't know if the kn7k works any differently, but I just use Memory Banks A-C to load in the styles and use Pattern Copy to switch variations around to Memory Bank A in the position I choose. Then I delete the banks not in use and do all my renaming at the same time. Then I set up the panel memory banks with instrumentation and use the expand mode to set the panel memory to the proper variation I want to use. That way I can use the pedal to switch panel memories and the variations will follow suit. Before I start recording, I will copy the reworked style to disk and reload once more. That will stop any problems with the memory locations jumping around when you record and playback. It's quite easy to "borrow" bits and pieces from different styles to create one of your own unique sounds.

#57438 - 10/09/02 08:56 AM Re: Multiple Rhythms, Same Song
technicsplayer Offline

same thing Bud, just quicker to do it directly off disk if you are already in the menu.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online