SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#57551 - 01/03/06 10:05 PM KN SDExplorer Installation problems
K1 & K2 Offline

Loc: Rockhampton, Queensland, Austr...
Best wishes for the New Year to you all.
In this part of the world we have been experiencing very hot days(34C-40C)& hot nights(23C-27C). Quite normal for this time of the year.

I have finally downloaded & installed the demo version of KN SDExplorer & after trying most of the things that this excellent program is capable of I intend to purchase it.

However I have not been able to use the shortcuts in the start menu or on the desktop to start KN Explorer. Each time I double click on them all I get is an error "Can not open KN7000 file structure E:\: access is denied" OR "The system cannot find the path specified"

After reading the FAQs, Some previously posted articles re. the same problem, & deleting the desktop shortcut/recreating a new one, I am still finishing up with the same/similar error box.

The KN SDExplorer starts everytime when I put an SD card in my Panasonic USB reader/writer & brings up all the Folders/ Files in the SD card. I am running a genuine XP Windows Home O/S & my removable drive letter is ( I ).

I have spent quite a number of hours trying to sort this problem, especially deleting the desktop shortcut & creating a new one but to no avail. May be i'm doing something wrong.

I would appreciate any help/suggestions from anyone who could point me in the right direction.

Yours in Music
Alan

#57552 - 01/03/06 11:12 PM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Alan
Mine has always done that, but as soon as I put a card into the card reader it comes up with a menu of possible programs to use, including SD Explorer.
Regards
Keith

#57553 - 01/04/06 12:38 AM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there - you say

"I have finally downloaded & installed the demo version of KN SDExplorer"

If you mean that literally it could mean that this is a limitation of the demo version which was only meant to allow you very very limited testing of the tool.

"Can not open KN7000 file structure E:\: access is denied - The software will look to Drive E by default - IS YOUR SD DRIVE "E" if not then on installation you will have to correct this drive letter to the correct one.

Is your operating system Windows XP? If not - will not work.

Joan

#57554 - 01/04/06 02:28 AM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
K1 & K2 Offline

Keith,
In reply to a posting(SD Explorer Demo Error),1-11-2004 Fred describes a fix for this, but I just cannot seem to get it to work for me.

Joan,
Maybe this will be corrected when I have paid for & registered the program. My O/S is windows XP Home & my SD Drive is "I". I have made the change from "E" to "I" but to no avail.

Many thanks for your input.

Yours in Music
Alan

#57555 - 01/04/06 04:03 AM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
I do not think you have a problem. As Keith states, you must have an SD card in a reader for Explorer to open. The card must have data on it or it will not open. To open a blank SD so you may transfer data from your hard drive, create a file on the SD using your 7000. When Explorer opens you can delete the file and do what you wish with the SD card.

I started with the licensed version and do not know how the Demo works. I would not be without my Explorer.

Fran in SC

Fran in SC

#57556 - 01/05/06 03:49 PM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
K1 & K2 Offline

Fran D,
Have done what you suggested & it works fine. Am trying to connect to the Paypal site from Fred's KN SD Explorer page to register & pay for it but no luck at present. Will keep on trying. Thanks for your help.

Yours in Music
Alan

#57557 - 01/16/06 01:54 PM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
RonG Offline

Loc: Hudson, Florida, USA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joan:
[B]Hi there - you say

"I have finally downloaded & installed the demo version of KN SDExplorer"

I have been unable to download the demo version of KN SDExplorer. The site appears to be unavailable.

#57558 - 01/16/06 02:46 PM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I have been using this tool for sometime now and it is excellent. However, I have never been able to open the tool using the desktop icon but all I do is go to PROGRAMS select KN SD-EXPLORER and click on OPEN. Never fails. This might just work for you also.

Of course, if there is a card in the reader it opens automatically.

Aud (U.K.)

#57559 - 01/18/06 02:09 AM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
K1 & K2 Offline

Ron G

The site to download the demo from is:- vision-4-life.net It worked for me.

Audrey

I go to PROGRAMS, select KN SD EXPLORER, select BACK UP or INITIALISE & it seems to work. The other option as you say is the program automatically opens when a card is inserted in the USB reader/writer.

Still no word from FRED re. registering & paying for my copy. Maybe he is away on holidays.

Yours in Music

Alan

#57560 - 01/18/06 04:22 AM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Alan,

My recent e-mail from Fred said he was going on holiday. I am sure when he returns he will catch up on the forum. You might send him an email and I am sure he will reply.

Fran in SC

#57561 - 01/24/06 03:03 PM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
RonG Offline

Loc: Hudson, Florida, USA
Audrey.

Thanks for the website. I will try.

Ron G

Quote:
Originally posted by K1 & K2:
Ron G

The site to download the demo from is:- vision-4-life.net It worked for me.

Audrey

I go to PROGRAMS, select KN SD EXPLORER, select BACK UP or INITIALISE & it seems to work. The other option as you say is the program automatically opens when a card is inserted in the USB reader/writer.

Still no word from FRED re. registering & paying for my copy. Maybe he is away on holidays.

Yours in Music

Alan

#57562 - 01/25/06 11:33 AM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
KN7

I'm wondering if you have the full programme because when I loaded mine it put an icon on the desktop for me to use which will only work if there is a card in the reader.

When I go to 'My Programs' it shows:

(small yellow icon) 'Backup'
(small yellow icon) 'Initialise
(small yellow & blue icon) 'KN700 SDExplorer'

I usually click on the last icon and it works but I am not an expert and would suggest you contact Bill Norrie or Joan Banfield who are experts.

Hope this helps.

Aud

[This message has been edited by Audrey Turner (edited 01-25-2006).]

#57563 - 02/19/06 02:02 PM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hello friends,

Sorry for the late response. However we have been to Brazil for vacation, which at the end also became a kind of mission project. Via an ex-colleague we met a missionary in the Amazone and they needed a Dutch website for their sponsors, becasue a PR coordinator left. You can see some pictures of the mission work there on a photo page:
http://vision-4-life.net/Pages_GB/sema-photos_pag.htm

So I have been busy for these people to set up a site and did not look into the forum until today.

I hope in the mean time the problems are solved. If not, I like still to recommend to read the tutorial:
http://vision-4-life.net/SDExp_tut.htm

and else http://vision-4-life.net/FAQ.html

When you run Windows XP Home or Enterprise, but also Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003, our tool works without any problems. If there are reading problems: our tool is an explorer tool for Technics SD Cards, where songs are treated as files. If you have a blank card, then using the shortcut on your desktop will give read error. In that case use Start... KN7000 SD Explorer... Initialize SD Card. After initialization the tool will start up with empty folder- and song pane. Now you can start importing songs from hard disk and more that is described well in the Tutorial.

------------------

#57564 - 03/01/06 11:16 AM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
fmlk Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hi,

I am in the middle of transfer to another hosting provider, so my site is not available via normal URL.

Instead use temporarily:
http://www.alothosting.com/~vision4l/SDExplorer.htm

------------------

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online