SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#57551 - 01/03/06 10:05 PM KN SDExplorer Installation problems
K1 & K2 Offline

Loc: Rockhampton, Queensland, Austr...
Best wishes for the New Year to you all.
In this part of the world we have been experiencing very hot days(34C-40C)& hot nights(23C-27C). Quite normal for this time of the year.

I have finally downloaded & installed the demo version of KN SDExplorer & after trying most of the things that this excellent program is capable of I intend to purchase it.

However I have not been able to use the shortcuts in the start menu or on the desktop to start KN Explorer. Each time I double click on them all I get is an error "Can not open KN7000 file structure E:\: access is denied" OR "The system cannot find the path specified"

After reading the FAQs, Some previously posted articles re. the same problem, & deleting the desktop shortcut/recreating a new one, I am still finishing up with the same/similar error box.

The KN SDExplorer starts everytime when I put an SD card in my Panasonic USB reader/writer & brings up all the Folders/ Files in the SD card. I am running a genuine XP Windows Home O/S & my removable drive letter is ( I ).

I have spent quite a number of hours trying to sort this problem, especially deleting the desktop shortcut & creating a new one but to no avail. May be i'm doing something wrong.

I would appreciate any help/suggestions from anyone who could point me in the right direction.

Yours in Music
Alan

#57552 - 01/03/06 11:12 PM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
KeithB Offline

Loc: Melbourne AUSTRALIA
Alan
Mine has always done that, but as soon as I put a card into the card reader it comes up with a menu of possible programs to use, including SD Explorer.
Regards
Keith

#57553 - 01/04/06 12:38 AM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Hi there - you say

"I have finally downloaded & installed the demo version of KN SDExplorer"

If you mean that literally it could mean that this is a limitation of the demo version which was only meant to allow you very very limited testing of the tool.

"Can not open KN7000 file structure E:\: access is denied - The software will look to Drive E by default - IS YOUR SD DRIVE "E" if not then on installation you will have to correct this drive letter to the correct one.

Is your operating system Windows XP? If not - will not work.

Joan

#57554 - 01/04/06 02:28 AM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
K1 & K2 Offline

Keith,
In reply to a posting(SD Explorer Demo Error),1-11-2004 Fred describes a fix for this, but I just cannot seem to get it to work for me.

Joan,
Maybe this will be corrected when I have paid for & registered the program. My O/S is windows XP Home & my SD Drive is "I". I have made the change from "E" to "I" but to no avail.

Many thanks for your input.

Yours in Music
Alan

#57555 - 01/04/06 04:03 AM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
I do not think you have a problem. As Keith states, you must have an SD card in a reader for Explorer to open. The card must have data on it or it will not open. To open a blank SD so you may transfer data from your hard drive, create a file on the SD using your 7000. When Explorer opens you can delete the file and do what you wish with the SD card.

I started with the licensed version and do not know how the Demo works. I would not be without my Explorer.

Fran in SC

Fran in SC

#57556 - 01/05/06 03:49 PM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
K1 & K2 Offline

Fran D,
Have done what you suggested & it works fine. Am trying to connect to the Paypal site from Fred's KN SD Explorer page to register & pay for it but no luck at present. Will keep on trying. Thanks for your help.

Yours in Music
Alan

#57557 - 01/16/06 01:54 PM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
RonG Offline

Loc: Hudson, Florida, USA
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Joan:
[B]Hi there - you say

"I have finally downloaded & installed the demo version of KN SDExplorer"

I have been unable to download the demo version of KN SDExplorer. The site appears to be unavailable.

#57558 - 01/16/06 02:46 PM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
I have been using this tool for sometime now and it is excellent. However, I have never been able to open the tool using the desktop icon but all I do is go to PROGRAMS select KN SD-EXPLORER and click on OPEN. Never fails. This might just work for you also.

Of course, if there is a card in the reader it opens automatically.

Aud (U.K.)

#57559 - 01/18/06 02:09 AM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
K1 & K2 Offline

Ron G

The site to download the demo from is:- vision-4-life.net It worked for me.

Audrey

I go to PROGRAMS, select KN SD EXPLORER, select BACK UP or INITIALISE & it seems to work. The other option as you say is the program automatically opens when a card is inserted in the USB reader/writer.

Still no word from FRED re. registering & paying for my copy. Maybe he is away on holidays.

Yours in Music

Alan

#57560 - 01/18/06 04:22 AM Re: KN SDExplorer Installation problems
Fran D Offline

Loc: Aiken, SC, USA
Alan,

My recent e-mail from Fred said he was going on holiday. I am sure when he returns he will catch up on the forum. You might send him an email and I am sure he will reply.

Fran in SC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online