SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#58319 - 10/26/03 07:44 AM Re: OK, Are you ready for this one?
Retired Offline

Loc: England
Hmmmmmmm....it must be past my bedtime. lol.

Hi Scot,
At least we know what was on your mind ?
All the best,
Fred UK

#58320 - 10/26/03 09:18 AM Re: OK, Are you ready for this one?
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Quote by Chuck: Opinions are like noses. Everyone has one. Now you have mine.

Chuck, I’ll not only take it but I value it very much. Your opinion is like a breath of fresh air. As you well know food that goes into a man determines the condition of his health. Words that come out of a man determines the condition of his mind. As a retired air force man you must have a healthy body and now that your pen has come out of retirement I know your mind and attitude is that way also. You laid your life on the line for freedom these many years so now would you consider keeping your pen in hand and fight for healthy minds and good attitudes in our society. Through the past thousands of years many have done this and some even lost their lives for the cause!

Like you said, everyone has a nose. I have just blown mine and it feels good.

Grandpa Doug, an old U.S. Navy man. (WW2)

#58321 - 10/26/03 11:23 AM Re: OK, Are you ready for this one?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hello

Well now. This topic certainly stirred a response that was very rude, crude, insulting, over-reactive and way out of line.

What I stated is not my opinion but fact supported by multi-million dollar companies doing this type of work.

Grandpa Doug,I have no clue why you came out swinging at me. However, I feel there is no excuse that anyone should respond in the way you did in private let alone a public forum.Nor should anyone here put up with this kind of behavior. You certainly dragged this whole thing way down to the lowest level.

Is that what they teach in your Bible, to cast the first stone. Maybe I should just turn the other cheek. However, I for one do not feel like tippy-toeing around with you like I see a lot of people doing. I feel you are trying for something here. Maybe you just like stirring things up.

It seems I need to explain myself here. I was looking on ebay at the Technics auctions. I noticed again the SX prefix before the KN. I remembered exactly what I told you. This is not my opinion. It's just the way things have been done in some companies for years,know it or like it or not.

I stated that companies that use initials LIKE SX is inferring something. It is proven that these techniques does in fact influence their behavior without them knowing it.

My comment about being past my bedtime is referring to the fact that I was tired, should be in bed sleeping and I found it funny that I would be thinking about this and posting it on the forum.

I fully expected some amused reactions similar to Ted.

About not contributing something of value to the making of music, I say, this is a Technics forum is it not? Was I not talking about Technics keyboards?

As to PSR and the comparison you made with a word I would not consider using on a public forum, was way off color to say the least.

As to the brown stuff you are referring to, I still don't know what you were talking about. Was it the research data or the PSR. Either way, very rude. Also, so much for your not mincing any words and telling like it is.

I would like to thank Uncle Dave for speaking his peace. I will have to admit Grandpa Dougs response truly blew me away and this type of response and attacks have no place here.
Then you have the nerve to tell me to leave the forum in so many words.

You mention the words that comes out of a mans mouth determine the condition of his mind. I stated some known facts,about a related subject, not my opinion. I must say the words that came out of you mouth were to say the least debasing and disgusting and needs to be stopped.

I am telling this the way I see it.

Unfortunately I think a lot can be lost on a forum as to the persons intent. You can't see their face and mannerisms to tell if they are serious, joking or not. I think I have made myself clear.

I truly do hope you are well and not experiencing any problems. However, even if you are, there is no excuse for your response, and I do in fact request and expect a public apology from you.

The following is a letter that I have sent to a former designer of instruments for Technics. This may fill in any unanwered questions, (as if it really mattered):

[I wonder if you can help me out with an answer to a question that has popped up.

I know you were with the Technics company and designed their organs. Do you know for a fact what the "SX-KN" initials stand for? If not could you direct me to the right person?

You know about 13 years ago I sold Technics keyboard products. I often wondered what those letters stood for.

Then at that time there was some information given to the public, I don't remember if it was something like "60 Minutes", a book, magazine articles, a Technics rep, any one or a combination of these, but it had to do with the multi-million dollar research and proven ways to market products. It included everything from the appearance of a product, such as shape, to the color of the package, to pictures and words hidden that the unconscious mind could see and would respond to. It was all designed to sell products. It turns out that people are subjected to this every day, whether they know it or not, and according to the top scientic test results it does influence peoples behavior. There was, I remember a book related to this subject called "Subliminal Seduction" that a psychologist friend pointed out and told me about these findings. So this knowledge is no ones opinion but scientific fact.

I remember that one technique used was suggestive model numbers. For example "SX" was used because at a kind of subliminal level it infers the word sex. We all know sex sells and I am trying to remember if in fact I was told by a reliable source that this is at least part of the intent of the SX-KN or if I just deduced that this was possibly the case.

The reason I'm asking is because I started a post on a Technics forum about this. It turns out one person was highly offended by this, this concept didn't fit into the little box in which he lives, and got quite nasty with me. He was obviously way out of line, and did not really take this in the spirit in which it was meant.

I do know without question the SX was used by different companies because of the above reasons. I remember even in the music company in which I was employed at the time that other products such as music books and accesories used the initials in their product number. I just can't remember if it was true of the SX-KN line.

I realize this seems rather unimportant, and that is the way it was intended, but "inquiring minds want to know".

So I would appreciate it if I could get an answer about this. Although I wonder if the SX was used even partly for the reason I mentioned, if the Technics company would even say it was true even if it was.]

OK, someone has jostled me way beyond an acceptalbe manner and this is my response.

Scott Langholff

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online