SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#59220 - 10/21/04 01:05 PM Re: CD.
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I use recorded CDRW. (W = rewritable) continually in our car. I use CDRW because after a while you feel you would like something different. I erase the CDRW and burn different track to my liking and preference.
You must finalise the CD when burning to enable it to be recognised in another CD play...Car or otherwise.

[This message has been edited by Graham UK (edited 10-21-2004).]

#59221 - 10/21/04 03:07 PM Re: CD.
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi All,

I use a Philips CD Player/Recorder,linked to my keyboard. In the manual it states (and I quote) "DISCS FOR RECORDING - for recording, make sure to use SPECIAL AUDIO DISKS ONLY. These discs are marked with "Digital Audio" and the logos show this information as:-

compact
DISC
Digital Audio
Recordable

or,

compact
DISC
Digital Audio
ReWritable

CDR: (CDR) discs can be recorded on once only and played on all standard CD players and CD recorders - WHEN FINALISED.

CDReWritable: (CDRW) discs can be recorded on, erased and re-recorded many times and played on CDRW COMPATIBLE CD players and CD recorders, WHEN FINALISED.

DO NOT USED COMPUTER CDRs OR CDRWs AS RECORDING WILL NOT WORK."

I found this out to my cost. I hadn't realised there was a difference and was using the CD-Rs and CD-RWs bought for use with my PC and gues what? they did not work!.

One of the magazines I subscribe to suggested Maxell CDs but be very careful as the package design is very similar. One pack I bought had the word "audio" on it but was meant for PC recording only. You must make sure the package has the word "MUSIC" on it. After much trial and error, I now regularly use the Maxell CD-Rs and CD-RWs XL-II 80 "MUSIC" CDs and/or the TDK CD-RXG AUDIO and the TDK CD-RWXG AUDIO CDs. They both give an excellent reproduction of sound and will play back on all compatible CD players.

I will give you a tip: always record your "MASTER" on to a CD-RW and take copies from that. The reason being having made several copies of my original CD-RW recording, I had given it to a friend and when I then tried to do yet another copy for someone else using my copy (which was a
CD-R), it couldn't be done as of course, they are a "once only" CD.

With regard to the playing or non playing on different types of CD players, it depends on the CD player being used. Some of the older models aren't able to read modern technology does that sound familiar? - remember how successive KNs would not read previous floppies?)

Here in the UK advertisments are beginning to include details as to whether they are
CD-R and/or CD-RW compatible certainly some of the well known home catalogues are now doing this and one of the better known catalogues also state "these CDs are not suitable for audio" if it applies.

I hope this will help all those struggling with this problem.

Aud (U.K.)

#59222 - 10/21/04 03:44 PM Re: CD.
Walter McLaren Offline

Loc: Borders. Scotland
"I will give you a tip: always record your "MASTER" on to a CD-RW and take copies from that. The reason being having made several copies of my original CD-RW recording, I had given it to a friend and when I then tried to do yet another copy for someone else using my copy (which was a
CD-R), it couldn't be done as of course, they are a "once only" CD."

Hi Aud, it is possible to copy a CD-R, can't understand why you could not do it. What software are you using.
Regards. Walter.

MP3 (128Kbps) - Very compacted
WMA - Slightly less compacted
WAV - Not compacted and sounds like c__p
Luce

WAV is the best quality the downside is the space it takes up, compromise by using, and when the CD is made if you want a back up just in case, convert it to WMA and keep on the hard drive. Walter

[This message has been edited by Walter McLaren (edited 10-27-2004).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online