SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#59485 - 12/04/03 10:20 AM Re: NEED PC UPGRADE HELP...
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Depends what you want to do as far as audio and PC are concerned. Assuming you wish to eventually burn CDs from your KN performances, I would suggest one of the more upmarket Creative Labs SoundBlaster cards eg the Soundblaster Audigy. (Cost about $86US) Do a search on Google for soundblaster and you'll find lots of hits.
OS compatibility should not be a problem with the KN6000 since you will be connecting via the Line outputs of the KN to the Line inputs of the sound card. So as long as you have the correct drivers for the card, to suit your OS, the card should work OK. (Drivers are normally supplied with the card)
If you want the best possible results, then you could keep the sensitive analogue circuitry of the sound card outside the nasty, noisy, computer environment, by using a sound module, which connects to the PC via a USB link. There is a Soundblaster device which has this option but it may be more expensive.

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 12-04-2003).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#59486 - 12/04/03 11:24 AM Re: NEED PC UPGRADE HELP...
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi Tony,

I guess it depends on what you want to do on the computer as to what sound card you buy. Only very expensive cards will give you anywhere close to the KN6000 sounds so I used my KN6000 (before I traded it for the PR54) as my sound card when I played midi songs.

As for Singing and Recording to MP3 I recomend PowerTracks from PG Music. It's only about $29 to $49 and it does quit a lot.

Best Wishes
Heather

I have a 16 Bit Sound Blaster Live Card which I find to be fine for the things I do. SoundBlaster makes better cards now like the 24 bit Audigy® series but unless you are going to hook the card to a home theater I don't believe the extra cost is worth it.

Just be certain to purchase the midi connections for the sound cards game port.

#59487 - 12/04/03 04:57 PM Re: NEED PC UPGRADE HELP...
Bud Whipple Offline

Loc: The Plantation, Leesburg, Flor...
Tony, if you have a Best Buy close by, go to their Creation Station and they will price you out a computer built with your specs. You can get a lot of computer that way for around a grand or a little more.

#59488 - 12/06/03 12:05 PM Re: NEED PC UPGRADE HELP...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Thanks friends... I can always count on this site for advice....
t,

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online