SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#59507 - 11/23/06 06:04 AM Re: Data transer from KN5000 to KN7000
Bob Hendershot Offline

Loc: Johnson City, TN USA
"But it is very confusing as the 1980 songs that are stored have no names only numbers like 11907.CMP. Did you have the hard drive option too? How did you manage without song names?
------------------

Alan, look for a file with the extension .ttx. For example 11907.cmp would be listed close to 11907.TTX. If you look at the .ttx file with an editor (Word Pad will do it) it will contain the name of the song that is associated with files starting with 11907. That is where the 24 character song names were placed by the KN5000 hard drive software.

#59508 - 11/24/06 03:41 PM Re: Data transer from KN5000 to KN7000
Audrey Turner Offline

Loc: Cambridge, Cambs, England
Hi Alan,

For that amount of songs to be transferred, I would say it is essential to have a cross-check system i.e. name AND number in case there are repeat song titles. Anyway it is quicker to load by number from the SD Card to the Keyboard.

I wonder also if you realise that however large your SD Card is, you can only save 99 folders with 20 songs to each folder. This is due to Technics allocation of a very small amount of storage space on the keyboard and not the fault of the SD Card, so I would say you will need quite a large SD Card(s) to store all that data. I use 1GB cards simply because my camera also uses SD Cards which means I can 'mix and match' but from what other members have said from time to time, 256MB or 512MB Cards should be o.k.

I was interested in Bob's reply to you. I didn't know about the extension. You learn something every day on this wonderful site.
Long may it reign.

Best of luck!

Audrey

#59509 - 11/25/06 03:15 AM Re: Data transer from KN5000 to KN7000
technicsplayer Offline

if the backup was full with all index files it should have worked. I used the MDBC to transfer 3 6500 hard drive partitions to 3 sd cards when I first got the 7k and still have the original cards unaltered (I started reworking for 7k on copied cards). There is no fundamental difference with 5k hard drive backups, I actually also had some 3k hard drive backups. The only thing that would need alteration was some file re-naming for the cutoff to 16 characters. My point about indexes is because quite apart from the multiple ttx files containing the original names for each style there was an overall index file(s) created by the total backup that the MDBC program needed for correct operation. I can't remember what it/they were called, it's too long ago I'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally posted by Almin:
I've been trying to use a program called MDBC (Music Data Base Converter from Keysoft Service) to transfer my KN5000 song data to my KN7000 SD card. The transfer is not going well with corruptions happening. Is there a better way please?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online