Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#60468 - 02/24/04 05:43 AM Re: Carillon Studios UK
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Quote:
Originally posted by Jean Olivia:
I received two files today from Carillon with apologies for their lateness as they were all at the festival. I ordered them by phone on Wednesday last. If I order files from suppliers in Melbourne, I can go straight from the phone to the computer and they are there- they actually send them as you order them. But then, we are pretty smart down here. Jean Olivia

And in this modern day and age, that is the way it should be, IMHO

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#60469 - 02/24/04 04:16 PM Re: Carillon Studios UK
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
Roger. Try http://www.bandtrax.com.au These are song backing tracks- but the method of delivering the file to the customer should be the same whether song or style. Sometimes we get 5 songs at the one time and they are sent instantly. Jean.

#60470 - 02/25/04 07:23 AM Re: Carillon Studios UK
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Thanks Jean, I'll have a look see...
Besty wishes
Roger M

#60471 - 02/25/04 11:16 AM Re: Carillon Studios UK
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
Jean,
I believe those are midi files ...much smaller and easier to send via computer download vs. larger Technic Style Disks.

Having said that, it should be no problem for sites that sell Style Disks to be able to send them to the customer as a computer download, and not by Snail Mail.

Larry

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#60472 - 02/25/04 03:39 PM Re: Carillon Studios UK
Jean Olivia Offline

Larry. You learn something every day. I thought style would be the same as song. Carillon do E-mail styles and quote a 2 day
time delay. Still, the delay seems to be in the time between taking the order and pressing the computer button, not in the actual downloading time. I am glad to have the styles to add to my library, but the ones I ordered did not have that elusive soft stringy modern waltz that I am looking for.Reguards Jean Olivia

#60473 - 02/26/04 12:57 AM Re: Carillon Studios UK
RMepstead Offline

Jean - for your interest John Romero (Carillon) is perhaps the world's top accordion player and probably gigs around 365 days a year in addition to running master classes and musical weekends etc
He runs Carillon with his wife from his home on the south coast and it is only a small business rather like Neil Blake's Style Disk Warehouse - you don't make a fortune selling style disks to a very limited audience...
He is quite a character and perhaps the most genuine man I've come across in a long time...

#60474 - 02/26/04 02:54 AM Re: Carillon Studios UK
RMepstead Offline

Hiya Jean again
Do you know about www.musicrobot.com
perhaps the biggest and best search engine for free midi-files of all qualities from dreadful to magnificent?
Rog

#60475 - 02/26/04 04:34 AM Re: Carillon Studios UK
Mike ORegan Offline

That's a big "perhaps" M. Mepstead. John is pretty good, but the worlds best, come on even he wouldn't go that far. Listen to some music from Frank Marocco, Henry Doktorski, Marcosignori, Jack Emblow, etc. and you may change your mind!
Mike O'R
Accordion Player

#60476 - 02/26/04 06:06 AM Re: Carillon Studios UK
RMepstead Offline

Fair comment Mike - I'm only going on what I've been told - you'd know better probably though being an accordion player...
I certainly believe that his style files are of the highest quality and use them extensively.
Cheers
Roger M

#60477 - 02/28/04 11:30 PM Re: Carillon Studios UK
Jean Olivia Offline

Roger. Thank you for the website information. Sorry I am late replying but I have been down the beach for the weekend and the weather was beautiful. Cheers Jean.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online