SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#61583 - 09/18/00 06:36 PM Re: HOF 2000 (Organ & Keyboard Festival) 2000
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi all,

Just got back from the annual HOF Organ and Keyboard Festival held at the Asilomar in Pacific Grove, CA.

Dissapointedly, they didn't have a Technics showroom this year(first time), so I didn't perform. Maybe next year?

The good thing is that I finally got to meet Frank Bez (Technics arranger keyboard player internet buddy)as well as meet and see/hear some fantastic performances given by renowned "former" official Technics organ/keyboard Artists: Dennis Awe and Gene Roberson. Great SHOW MEN!!

Hope everyone here on the arranger boards is doing well.

Happy keyboarding,

- Scott

San Francisco Bay Area, CA

#61584 - 09/24/00 01:41 AM Re: Re: HOF 2000 (Organ & Keyboard Festival) 2000
guillermo Offline

Loc: spain
Hi Scott ,
Thank you to inform me .
Reading your message I have two questions :
1. do you have any idea about the reason that Technics has no showroom this year on such an important festival ?
2. can I find on the web some sequences played in real time from Dennis Awe and Gene Roberson ?

with keyboard [Technics 920 and 5000] regards .
guillermo .

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Hi all,

Just got back from the annual HOF Organ and Keyboard Festival held at the Asilomar in Pacific Grove, CA.

Dissapointedly, they didn't have a Technics showroom this year(first time), so I didn't perform. Maybe next year?

The good thing is that I finally got to meet Frank Bez (Technics arranger keyboard player internet buddy)as well as meet and see/hear some fantastic performances given by renowned "former" official Technics organ/keyboard Artists: Dennis Awe and Gene Roberson. Great SHOW MEN!!

Hope everyone here on the arranger boards is doing well.

Happy keyboarding,

- Scott

San Francisco Bay Area, CA

#61585 - 09/24/00 05:12 PM Re: Re: HOF 2000 (Organ & Keyboard Festival) 2000
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Hi Guillermo,

Both Dennis Awe and Gene Roberson are primarily organist, so almost all of their sequencing has been done on the organ. Since Technics closed their organ R and D department last year and terminated their contracts with all their organ artist, it’s clear that they are going out of the organ business even though they continue to produce the G100 and the F100 organs. Dennis is now employed by the Lowrey organ people, a company he played for many years ago. He is just a wonderful fellow and he seems to be happy with his new responsibilities.

Gene Roberson played a concert on the new Hammond organ this year. After just a few hours rehearsal he gave a performance of a lifetime at this year’s HOF. Gene is doing some fine sequencing on his KN6000. And, just like the rest of us having some problems with the instrument. We all hope the factory will resolve these problems soon, since the instrument has been on the market for almost a year now.

As for why Technics has no presence at this outstanding music festival. The question has to be addressed Mr. Dan Slick, Technics U.S.A.

A loyal Technics player,

Frank Bez

#61586 - 09/24/00 05:40 PM Re: Re: HOF 2000 (Organ & Keyboard Festival) 2000
Frank Bez Offline

Loc: Avila Beach, CA, U.S.A.
Hi Guillermo,

Both Dennis Awe and Gene Roberson are primarily organist, so almost all of their sequencing has been done on the organ. Since Technics closed their organ R and D department last year and terminated their contracts with all their organ artist, it’s clear that they are going out of the organ business even though they continue to produce the G100 and the F100 organs. Dennis is now employed by the Lowrey organ people, a company he played for many years ago. He is just a wonderful fellow and he seems to be happy with his new responsibilities.

Gene Roberson played a concert on the new Hammond organ this year. After just a few hours rehearsal he gave a performance of a lifetime at this year’s HOF. Gene is doing some fine sequencing on his KN6000. And, just like the rest of us having some problems with the instrument. We all hope the factory will resolve these problems soon, since the instrument has been on the market for almost a year now.

As for why Technics has no presence at this outstanding music festival. The question has to be addressed Mr. Dan Slick, Technics U.S.A.

A loyal Technics player,

Frank Bez

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online