SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#62413 - 09/17/03 03:15 PM Re: How to Create Pads
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
The aswers to questions lately, lead me to believe that I am starting to grasp this 7000. It's either that, or the answers that are provided are simple and clear, and that's what I really needed.

Thanks Willum, for doing just that.

Rikki,
Have you ever tried using Keyboard Percussion for recording Pads?

If possible, I too would like to record a "fill- in", or parts of Intro/Ending to a User Memory Pad, and maybe add some drum percussion with the Keyboard Percussion Group

Thanks,
Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#62414 - 09/17/03 03:36 PM Re: How to Create Pads
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Anthony,
the answer is YES. That's exactly what I did with my example.
Remember they have to be put thru the apc to smf function first to split the style up into it's individual parts.
In my example , I was after a particular part of the style " accomp 1, harp arpeggio" so when I put it thru the apc to smf function , I only set one of the tracks ( track 12 accomp 1).

Normally if I want to split up a complete style I set it to the following
Track 9 drum2
Track10 drum1
Track11 bass
Track12 accomp1
Track13 accomp2
Track14 accomp3
Track15 accomp4
Track16 accomp5

I found if I kept it to a uniform standard, I'd always know exactly how I had created it.

Remember, you're not only stuck with looped pads, there's "one shot pads" also like a drum roll, that can be used at any time in your sequence for effect by setting your pad to "instant" instead of "synchro" .

Another place to get pads from would be easy composer. Scroll thru and find parts that could sound okay. Also you could create new drum beats by scrolling thru the individual drum parts, and create pads out of these.
Then use them by muting the drums in a style and use the pad instead.

Pad 5 & 6 could even be used as a solo instrument "intro or ending " in a song, because it has the chord progression feature.

Also remember pads 1 to 4 have 2 parts. So I'm guessing ( as I haven't had a chance to try it yet) you'd be able to have 2 individual instruments playing in a pad ie piano & bass or bass & drums.

They're actually quite an amazing feature.

If you have anymore questions, let me know.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by AnthonyCian:
Hi Rikki:
Your explanation is very detailed. However I'm confused (sorry). When creating Pads can a person use a pre-exiting technics built in/composer style? That is, take a built in fill-in, even intro's and endings, and manipulated just right, looped, these could be awesome pads. Of course one would have to pick an accomp part, but just think...

Anthony

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#62415 - 09/17/03 07:29 PM Re: How to Create Pads
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Hello again Rikki:

Hmmm, your yes is not the yes I was hoping for (not your fault). Oh hum, I was hoping for, (again wishful thinking on part) that a composer part can directly be converted to a Pad. A one step process.

Your answer is yes, but a two step process, by converting the composer/APC to SMF first, then use the Sequencer to Pad convert. Oh well... But the bottom line is, "it can be done".

Now, how does one enter those special quotes in replies? It's bugging the heck out me how that is done...

Anthony

#62416 - 09/17/03 08:42 PM Re: How to Create Pads
Ted Rose Offline

Loc: United States
Quote:
Originally posted by AnthonyCian:
Hello again Rikki:

...Now, how does one enter those special quotes in replies? It's bugging the heck out me how that is done...

Anthony

Hey Anthony!

In answer to your query about how to add the quotes to your replies, do the following: Instead of clicking on the "Post Reply" button, go to the top of the individual message you are replying to. There you will find several icons, and if you click on each of them you will see what they go to. One of them will be the "Reply w/quote" icon (I think it is the one farthest to the right of the horizontal list of icons). Click on that one and your reply window will open with the quote already printed at the beginning of your reply message box. Within that quote, you can leave the entire message or edit it (as I did yours in this reply). I hope this helps.

Good luck!

Ted

#62417 - 09/17/03 09:47 PM Re: How to Create Pads
AnthonyCian Offline

Loc: Arizona, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Ted Rose:
Hey Anthony!

Instead of clicking on the "Post Reply" button, go to the top of the individual message you are replying to. There you will find several icons, and if you click on each of them you will see what they go to. One of them will be the "Reply w/quote" icon (I think it is the one farthest to the right of the horizontal list of icons). Click on that one and your reply window will open with the quote already printed at the beginning of your reply message box.

Hello Ted...

Here it goes, followed your instructions, and will see how this looks...

Thanks,

Anthony

#62418 - 09/18/03 03:09 PM Re: How to Create Pads
rikkisbears Offline

hi Anthony,
I think it's definitely a 2 part process, if I discover otherwise, i'll let you know.

best wishes
rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by AnthonyCian:
[B]Hello again Rikki:

Hmmm, your yes is not the yes I was hoping for (not your fault). Oh hum, I was hoping for, (again wishful thinking on part) that a composer part can directly be converted to a Pad. A one step process.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#62419 - 09/19/03 03:20 PM Re: How to Create Pads
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Larry,
I haven't tried percussion yet, but I see no reason why it wouldn't work.

I've I'm understanding correctly , you first want to copy a percussion part from an intro or ending and add some extra percussion note's, so that it sounds more like a fill in ?

Basically if you follow the directions in my original post, you can then edit and add/delete additional notes to your pad in steptime to fill it out a bit more.

If you've got something particular in mind, let me know and maybe I can help work it out.

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by lahawk:

Rikki,
Have you ever tried using Keyboard Percussion for recording Pads?

If possible, I too would like to record a "fill- in", or parts of Intro/Ending to a User Memory Pad, and maybe add some drum percussion with the Keyboard Percussion Group

Thanks,
Larry Hawk[/B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online