SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#62963 - 09/08/02 07:29 PM Re: Checkout my 7000 track
Mike Daniell Offline

Loc: Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Alec, I just want to add my congratulations to those already expressed. I played your KN7000 demo several times over the weekend and got more out of it each time I listened to it.

Two questions: (1) are all the voices native KN7000 or did you select any from an EW01, etc card? (2) approx how how long does it take you to put together a piece like this, creating the composers, extracting bits out of midi files, etc?

Mike

#62964 - 09/09/02 05:30 AM Re: Checkout my 7000 track
technicsplayer Offline

Thanks Mike,
they are all 7k voices bar one backing voice from EW01, but looking through the menus the 7k has a very similar voice available, so the same could be achieved from 7k alone in this instance.

As for time, getting 2 measures of one track from a midi file into a composer track took about 30 seconds

It probably took about 2 working days, since I had no score and had to listen to the original songs a few times to play suitable backings into the composer. In fact I made several mistakes by putting some transitional measures at the end of composers instead of in fills, which would have been easier to play in, but by the time I had got the feel right it would have been more work to go back and change it.

I work two steps forward, one step back - making a very full version, then coming back a day later with a fresh perspective and thinning everything out to get just the basics which make the impact. Just because you have 8+2 backing tracks does not necessarily mean you need them all at once

I then sent it to a very good musician friend who listened and suggested a superior chord change, which worked better, so I just easy recorded again with the new chord progression.

#62965 - 09/09/02 01:21 PM Re: Checkout my 7000 track
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Alec, Just tried your 'Lord of the Dance' on KN7000..... It sounded great! Certainly disturbed a bit of dust and a few cobwebs in my music room

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online