SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#62972 - 06/14/03 10:40 AM Technic's Copy Utility from Win K.
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
HI ALL,
I use a program developed by one of our forum members that takes up to 20 files, renumbers them and will then send them from your hard drive to the A floppy drive. It is easy to use and seems to be fool proof. The zip file was about 2 mgs to download it. The file was developed by kerstwim@wish.net
for our exclusive use. I am sure that many of you already have it. I think the rest of you new people might want to get it.
The name of the file is Technics Copy Utility.
Wim is no longer on my email list but may still be alive and well at the above address. Suggest you ask him if the file is still available and if you can have a copy of it. He had a kn6000 at last report.
WIM WHERE ARE YOU?
Thanks again to Wim for this utility. I use it for all files for the Technics.
Best to all
Bebop

#62973 - 06/14/03 05:23 PM Re: Technic's Copy Utility from Win K.
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Bebop,
It's still available at : http://home.wanadoo.nl/wimkersten/
However, I am having trouble getting it to work. I guess that I just don't understand how to work it.
Any quick instructions or hints?
Walt

#62974 - 06/14/03 08:26 PM Re: Technic's Copy Utility from Win K.
BEBOP Offline

Sure Walt, this is how I use it (from my memory such as it is)
Unzip your zip file to a computer hard drive folder. boot up the Technics Copy Utility and park it on the edge of your monitor screen
Now highlight the first group of files in a song. right click on any one of those highlighted files and while holding slide them into position one and release them.
Go get the next group and slide them into position two, etc until you are done. Now click on copy to a:\ with a floppy in that drive. It renumbers them and and copys them to your floppy.
You might already have 5 files on a floppy and get in a zip with 4 new songs. Just highlight the group of files making up the first song and slide them over to #6 position and drop them. do the other three to position 7, 8, and 9 and copy to A and now you got songs 1 thru 9 on the floppy.
An excellent program. I use it constantly
Did I miss anything. If I did feel free to ask
Bebop

#62975 - 06/15/03 01:08 AM Re: Technic's Copy Utility from Win K.
Joan Offline

Loc: Hampshire U.K.
Thanks Bebop and Walt

I downloaded this file yesterday on Walts' recommendation and hadn't got around to trying it out yet. You have simplified it for me - you have saved me some valuably time. Its the old old story, it is easy when you know how

Joan

#62976 - 06/15/03 06:19 AM Re: Technic's Copy Utility from Win K.
Walt Meyer Offline

Loc: Silver City, NM USA
Bebop,
Thanks - unfortunately, that's exactly what I have tried doing and it don't work. The program will not accept the files when I drag and drop. I get an error message: "Runtime error 5".
I am using Win XP and perhaps it won't work with XP. "Runtime error 5" usually means that some DLL file is missing or corrupt but I have tried a new download and re-install to no avail.
I've sent a couple of Emails to Kerstwim but no reply yet.
Here's hoping -- it looks like a program that I could really use.
Regards,
Walt

#62977 - 06/15/03 10:42 AM Re: Technic's Copy Utility from Win K.
BEBOP Offline

Walt, I use it everyday with Win XP HOME and never a problem. I just highlight the files, grab the highlighted files and drag them to a number slot and release them.
I don't understand why this would not work for you. Let me know when you find out what the problem is. Will anybody else reading this please comment on your use of the program. Thanks to all
Best to you
Bebop

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online