SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#63124 - 03/14/04 06:50 AM KN2600 - Save to WAVE?
kenwardc Offline

Loc: Binfield, Berks, UK
Hi All

I am a brand new KN2600 owner (bought the beast yesterday!) and I am desperate to quickly learn how to convert the little pieces I have recorded to WAVE files so that I can play them on the computer.

Anyone know how to do this?

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards
Chris

#63125 - 03/14/04 07:27 AM Re: KN2600 - Save to WAVE?
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hiya Chris
Have a look at the Audio Recorder software you should have received with the beast...that records your efforts in both Wav and Midi format...and it's easy to use!
Cheers
Roger M

#63126 - 03/14/04 08:08 AM Re: KN2600 - Save to WAVE?
kenwardc Offline

Hi there, Roger

Many thanks for your response. Had a look at the Audio Recorder software but it only seems to open WMA, WAV or MP3 files.

At this point I have managed to save my pieces of music as Midi Sequence files on my hard disk. I used the Song Manager to zap them over from the keyboard using the USB cable etc.

Now that I have 'em on the local hard disk I need to do two things:

1. Edit extraneous silent spot from the beginning and end of each file.

2. Convert the file to a .WAV file.

I know, I know - I'm asking for a lot! ;-)

Thanks in anticipation of your help with this one.

Kind regards
Chris

#63127 - 03/14/04 08:32 AM Re: KN2600 - Save to WAVE?
RMepstead Offline

Hiya Chris
Right zap it over from your keyboard again direct to Audio Recorder down the USB cable - presumably you have it saved on your SD Card as a sequence file.
Then save it as a Wav file and see if you've still got the extraneous silent spot.
As a matter of interest what songs have you recorded so far?
Roger M

#63128 - 03/14/04 08:34 AM Re: KN2600 - Save to WAVE?
RMepstead Offline

Hey Chris you're only just down the road from me - I'm in Wootton Bassett Wilts...Binfield can't be that far away..
Rog

#63129 - 03/14/04 09:01 AM Re: KN2600 - Save to WAVE?
kenwardc Offline

Hi there, Roger

You wrote:
> from your keyboard again direct to Audio
> Recorder down the USB cable - presumably
> you have it saved on your SD Card as a
> sequence file.

Gosh - I must be stoopid but I can't figure out how to drag it from the 2600 to the computer using anything else other than "Technics Format" which produces a whole bunch of files or using the "SMF" format which creates a MIDI file. I have been using the SMF and creating the file. Then I go over to the computer and use the Song Manager software to save it (while at the HOME PAGE on the keyboard) to the computer. Then (yep - I figured out how to do this just after your last message!) I run the Audi Recorder and record the file while playing it in Media Player. Then I load up a .WAV editor (I have Ahead Nero 6) and edit out the little spare bits of silence from the file.

Is there a quicker way to drag the original piece of music from the keyboard to the computer in either MIDI or WAVE format?

I haven't played a keyboard for years (actually I'm a drummer!) but wanted to use the 2600 to create little background sounds which I can trigger while playing various numbers. I need the WAVE file as that's the format used in the Roland SPDS trigger pad I want to use to trigger the sounds. What this means at the moment is that the files are really just "pieces" of orchestral or brass, usually of about 2 or 3 bars long.

I fully intend to go back to using the keyboard in anger for my own personal joy though - and the 2600 certainly appears to be a VERY nice piece of gear.

We're off Junction 10 on the M4. I used to work for Motorola a couple of years ago and drove to Junction 16 every day for 7 years, so I know where Wootton Bassett is VERY well.

What do you use your 2600 for, Roger?

All the very best to you.
Chris

#63130 - 03/14/04 11:04 AM Re: KN2600 - Save to WAVE?
RMepstead Offline

Hi Chris
you wrote:
'Is there a quicker way to drag the original piece of music from the keyboard to the computer in either MIDI or WAVE format?'
Yes you just play the piece on your keyboard whilst you have the Audio Recorder running and it records what you play...no dragging involved at all...honestly you computer buffs tch tch...chuckle.
Aah Motorola - I knew one or two folk who worked there.
I own a KN7000 but the technology is the same - near enough - and I play professionally.
Roger M

#63131 - 03/14/04 11:06 AM Re: KN2600 - Save to WAVE?
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hi Chris,
You can't 'Drag and Drop' the KN sequencer files to your PC - you need to record them in Digital Audio format.
If you've got the files in KN sequencer format, just load the sequencer files and connect your USB cable. On your PC, initialise the Audio Recorder program and start the Recorder by clicking on the button with the small RED dot (Record start) and at the same time, start your KN playback. The file will then be transferred to the Panasonic Recorder in Digital format. When the sequence has finished, stop the recorder by pressing the button with the small square (Record/Play STOP)
The file can now be saved to your PC in either .WAV .WMA or MP3 format.
If you subsequently need to edit your files, you will need a Sound File Editor such as Goldwave or Cooledit.
Have Fun...... from another Drummer

Looks like we were posting at the same time Roger

------------------
Willum

[This message has been edited by Bill Norrie (edited 03-14-2004).]

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#63132 - 03/14/04 12:30 PM Re: KN2600 - Save to WAVE?
kenwardc Offline

Hi Roger

Quote:
Originally posted by RMepstead:
Yes you just play the piece on your keyboard whilst you have the Audio Recorder running and it records what you play...no dragging involved at all...honestly you computer buffs tch tch...chuckle.

You're so right! I'm so busy looking for it to be the most complicated thing in the world I missed what was right under m'nose! Heh heh - I'll try that tomorrow and see how we go. MANY thanks for that bit of advice.

Where do you play? Do you play on your own or are you with a band?

All the best and thanks again for being so helpful!

Regards
Chris

#63133 - 03/14/04 12:33 PM Re: KN2600 - Save to WAVE?
kenwardc Offline

Hi Bill
Quote:
Originally posted by Bill Norrie:
Hi Chris,
Have Fun...... from another Drummer

I don't know.... Drummers with keyboards, huh? ;-) Thanks for the advice. I'll try out the recording direct from the keyboard. Thinking about it, there's no reason why that shouldn't work, 'cos the computer will simply see the keyboard as another USB device.

Regards
Chris

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online