SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#64979 - 01/05/07 03:48 PM Re: Gap when changing panels
Almin Offline

Loc: Geraldine, Canterbury, New Zea...
Yeah, I know I'm an old geezer, but I still like rocking! Thanks for the tip re the EQ Fred - I use it all the time. Will try it.

------------------
Alan Minnear

#64980 - 01/08/07 06:10 PM Re: Gap when changing panels
Almin Offline

OK - turning off the EQ did not help at all. However, I noticed that the gapping is really bad on one song but does not happen at all on another. Both are composer patterns and I wondered if I could send them to someone here to find out why one does it but not the other. Any takers?

------------------
Alan Minnear

#64981 - 01/10/07 03:41 AM Re: Gap when changing panels
Sandgroper Offline

Loc: Busselton, Western Australia
Hi Alan
I have this occur on some files too. A couple of workarounds worth trying.
1) Hit the footswitch in the middle of a bar, instead of trying to synchronise it . It won't change until the start of the next bar anyway.
2) Hit either of the fill buttons,or footswitch controls to same, and imediatly afterwards hit next panel memory button. or footwitch WHILE THE FILL IS STILL PLAYING. Both these work for me on the odd file that this glitch occurs on.
Good luck .
Eddie

#64982 - 01/10/07 02:45 PM Re: Gap when changing panels
Almin Offline

OK - I've found whats causing it. My problem is that I'm used to a Hammond organ with a real Leslie speaker. The K7 rotary speed is not right to my ears, and its the edited effect that is causing the lurch. I edited the speeds and the windup/slowdown. But the edited effect affects the organ sound not only in the RH, but also all of the acc parts too. Switch back to an un-edited effect and the gapping disappears. What a pain! Can someone give me a solution please?

------------------
Alan Minnear

#64983 - 01/11/07 08:46 AM Re: Gap when changing panels
RMepstead Offline

Loc: Wootton Bassett - Wiltshire - ...
Hi Alan
Explain what you are trying to do please. Are you trying to make a better Hammond sound for the right hand out of some other built in organ sound?
Rog

#64984 - 01/11/07 11:32 AM Re: Gap when changing panels
Almin Offline

That's exactly it Rog. The Technics Leslie defaults are too slow at full tilt and take too long to wind up and slow down. I edited the Leslie effect altering the values and saved it to a panel memory with drawbars. Turning the effect on or off either with a pedal or the button itself, causes a volume dip of 1/2 second that not only affects the drawbar sound but the entire set including drums, bass and all the accs! Very distressing and odd sounding. If I use the default unedited rotary, there is no problem, but it does not sound cool in use (very "nursing home" in my opinion.)I'm trying to set up the Booker T "Time is tight" tune. I am still on V 1.4 in the K7 and wonder if this is the cause.

------------------
Alan Minnear

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online