SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#65249 - 09/10/04 10:57 AM Re: Storm Update (off subject)
Chuck Piper Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
Hi Fran,

We were writing at the same time. Just want to say I hope this next hurricane changes direction and skirts around you. You folks in Florida have suffered enough.

Take care my friend.

Chuck

#65250 - 09/10/04 04:11 PM Re: Storm Update (off subject)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Chuck,

One day we shall meet and I look forward to it...........hopefully on earth.

Fran in Soggy Florida

#65251 - 09/12/04 01:54 AM Re: Storm Update (off subject)
Chuck Piper Offline

Hi Fran,

Yes, it would be great if we could meet one day, talk about our Air Force years, and play keyboards. I would enjoy that. Who knows? Maybe one day I'll be able to head your way. At nearly 75, time is running out, however. Meanwhile, we can always exchange e-mails and stay in touch through this wonderful forum.

Best Wishes,

Chuck

#65252 - 09/15/04 11:23 AM Re: Storm Update (off subject)
shcox Offline

Loc: Leesburg, FL USA
Hi All,

As you more than likely know, Ivan is heading for Louisiana and the Florida pan handle. I wish I could feel good about being missed but I don't wish this storm on anyone else either. We'll be praying for them.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Next Up is "Jennie" (with the light brown hair).

Heather

#65253 - 09/15/04 01:52 PM Re: Storm Update (off subject)
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
HEATHER....That was "JEANNIE with the Light Brown Hair"....

Sure am glad I live where ever I want to in my Motor Home.....Right now I am happy to be at my "home base" in very warm sunny South East New Mexico.....

Best of luck to all those in the path of every storm! Does not sound or look like a lot of fun! Having lived in both Orlando & in Panama City & now seeing all the pictures......both of those little towns I barely remember sure have changed since the mid 50's!!!

LOVE, LIGHT, HUGS & HARMONY TO ALL! ELIZABETH.... LET'S PLAY MUSIC!

#65254 - 09/16/04 02:13 AM Re: Storm Update (off subject)
Chuck Piper Offline

Hi Elizabeth,

You say you were in Panama City in the 50's. Me too. I was stationed at Tyndall AFB from 1957 to 1959. I re-visited the town in the 70's and a thing we call "progress" had ruined it. The miles of pristine beaches had been supplanted with hotels, motels, gas stations, fast food restaurants and what have you. A huge shame. The beautiful beach environment was killed by the greedy developers.

I feel so sorry for the folks in the Florida panhandle, Alabama, Georgia, and Louisiana. Mother Nature is going to hit them hard. I see on CNN this morning that two people in Panama City have lost their lives already in a tornado spawned by the hurricane. It is a huge tragedy.

Take care, Elizabeth.

Best Wishes,

Chuck

#65255 - 09/16/04 05:44 AM Re: Storm Update (off subject)
shcox Offline

Hi ELIZABETH

Quote:
Originally posted by etwo4788:
That was "JEANNIE with the Light Brown Hair"....

Yes it was JEANNIE but the storms knocked the "A" out of it. LOL

One day I'd like to do the motor home thing too but I still have a few years before that can happen. In the mean time I'll put up with the occasional storm.

Take Care,
Heather

#65256 - 09/16/04 06:06 AM Re: Storm Update (off subject)
Marilyn Boissoneault Offline

Loc: Melbourne, Florida, USA
Hi, I live in Melbourne, FL just a few miles north of Fran.....I JUST got my power back! 10 days without that. No serious damage at my house, just tree damage basically.

I'm giving my keyboard a couple of days to dry out (get the humidity out) before I turn them on.

I don't wish Ivan on anybody but I'm glad he decided not to come here. With no power for that long, I'm just plain tired! Living without a/c, with cold showers candles and flashlights, worrying about finding ice to keep my coolers going. phew! I'm ready for "normal" for awhile.

It was so strange to be cut off from the outside world. I get 2 newspapers, didn't get those for a week, and of course no tv or internet! Had no phone for several days also. Then "boil water alert" for nearly a week. Funny, all the little things that we take for granted that now seem like luxeries.

Marilyn

#65257 - 09/16/04 07:24 AM Re: Storm Update (off subject)
etwo4788 Offline

Loc: S.E. New Mexico USA
HEATHER & CHUCK....e-mail on the way to each of you....

Yeah.....Jeannie....with the light brown hair was the girl dreamed about! Now with the A knocked out! Pretty cute! I like it!

Yes, Chuck....Panama City has really changed....I agree it was a bunch nicer back when there was just beautiful white sandy beaches there! My Mom & I went skinney dipping there where there was no one else on the beach! Never will I forget that awesome frolic with my Mom!

#65258 - 09/17/04 04:35 AM Re: Storm Update (off subject)
shcox Offline

Marilyn, I'm glad that you are OK. I have no doubt the the aftermath was pretty bad for you. I can't imagine going without power that long.

I have a friend in Lady Lake (not far from where the Jam will be) that just got power on Monday. They were not happy campers.

I often ask myself what it was like here in the 40's and 50's before air conditioning. Of course one answer that pops into my mind is, it was less crowded. LOL

Let's just pray the rest of the storms this season bypass us all.

Heather

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online