SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#65559 - 09/08/03 01:11 PM KN 7000
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
I just won a bid on Ebay for a KN 7000 and am just waiting to have the seller contact me on a few details. My question is what comes standard on the KN 7000?

Thanks in advance

Jerry

#65560 - 09/08/03 01:29 PM Re: KN 7000
lahawk Offline

Loc: Lehigh Valley, Pa.
There are quite a few places to check for Specs. One being my friend, Walt Tenay's Keyboard Studio Site http://www.wtenaykeyboardstudios.com/SK-KN7000.html

Larry Hawk

Hawk Music
Sadly No More frown

♫ 🎹🎹 ♫ SX-900

#65561 - 09/08/03 07:35 PM Re: KN 7000
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Quote:
Originally posted by Mainer:
I just won a bid on Ebay for a KN 7000 and am just waiting to have the seller contact me on a few details. My question is what comes standard on the KN 7000?

Thanks in advance

Jerry

Jerry,
You should receive with the keyboard, the original shipping box, the music stand, the AC cord, Style Convert disk, Initial Data Disk, Cd-Rom, 8 mg SD Card and about 2000 hours of frustration:-)
Good luck,
Bebop

#65562 - 09/08/03 08:25 PM Re: KN 7000
Mainer Offline

Thanks guys

2000 hours of frustration and I will sell it in a heatbeat LOL.

Still waiting to hear from the seller seems to be a little difference in what was quoted.

Jerry

#65563 - 09/09/03 04:38 AM Re: KN 7000
Bill Norrie Offline

Loc: North Yorkshire UK
Hey Bebop! What's all this stuff about 2000 hours of frustration??

Maybe this is another way to spell 'PLEASURE' ( F R U S T R A T I O N )

------------------
Willum

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is Music.
Aldous Huxley
( especially when the music is played on a KN7000....)

#65564 - 09/09/03 07:33 AM Re: KN 7000
Mainer Offline

looks like the deal has gone through.

I really wanted a 9000 Pro or a Tyros but couldn't find the right deal so I jumped on this KN 7000. Any comments how this compares to the Yamaha stuff (Be objective(yea right LOL)) I will probably be spending a lot of time here and got a feeling I might make some new friends. I will give you my reactions to this rig when it comes in and how it compare to my Genesys.

Jerry

Jerry

#65565 - 09/09/03 09:46 AM Re: KN 7000
Douglas Dean Offline

Loc: Prospect Heights IL USA
Jerry, welcome to the land of beautiful sound. The land of KN. (Keyboard Nuts). Ya, we are nuts about our keyboards. You will find this board will have a negative affect on your memory. You bet! In a few weeks you wont even remember how to spell Tyres. “Quote: Any comments how this compares to the Yamaha stuff”? Yes. Ya, ma ha wonder why I didn’t get one of these beauties sooner, is what you will say. Bebop says, and he hit it right on the head, when he said he had about two thousand hours of frustration when he finally bought a KN 7000. When the KN seven thou exploded into the keyboard market a year ago, he got caught up with all the nay sayers of the time and followed all the purveyors of poop convincing him to buy the 9000. I think what he means is that over the last year he has had about 2000 hours of frustration, not to mention the effort of kicking himself in the rear end, why he ever believed the garbage flowing from the mouths of the ‘Y’ faithful. Jerry, as you can plainly see, I am very objective and old Gramps here would never say anything other than the way he sees it. Ask Ruthie. She’ll tell you. She thinks I’m a really good guy except when she gets into one of her un-lady like moods and calls me pigheaded, every so often. So, Jerry, have fun and don’t fail to read the destruction book, and to ask us if stumped, and I’m sure you will get some very good answers every once in a while.

Grandpa Doug

#65566 - 09/09/03 10:32 AM Re: KN 7000
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I really wanted a 9000 Pro or a Tyros but couldn't find the right deal so I jumped on this KN 7000. Any comments how this compares to the Yamaha stuff

Hi Jerry, I have played Tecnhics since the KN1000, it has always been Technics. Last weekI took a Psr 2100 Yamaha home on approval, I have 15 days to decide.

The keyboard is fun to play, if you are use to the top of the line sounds, it falls short.

For a keyboard that's selling at less than half the price of a KN7000, it's great.

Generally the styles are are good, less complicated,simple. The Psr2100 or the Tyros lean stronger towards contemp. music.

Jerry, no more facts, I'm not good at that kind of stuff---let's talk feelings!!!

Fun to play, put does not give half the command the K7 gives you. The K7 is closer to reality---A trumpet sounds like a trumpet. Key words-Quility-Fine-Artistic-Much eaiser to use(friendly), and most important I sound much better!! If I used the the Yamaha Tyros, or the Psr2100, I would sound better in some areas, but I would lose in many, many other areas.

With some research and work you can bring the contemp. music up a few notches on the KN7000, it's a fantastic tool.

Bottom line--Honest opinion--a pro player--

YOU DID GOOD, John C.

#65567 - 09/09/03 01:56 PM Re: KN 7000
santa 1 Offline

Loc: stuart, fl - usa
I will be curiouse as to why you want a KN700 after having the Genesys. I have had Technics keyboards KN 800,1000,2000 and I about to buy the 70000. From what I gather about the Genesys, you would be incredibilly plaeased with KN7000 ease of operation, sounds, features and especially the SD card. Not to mention the support from other Technics owners on this site. Don't think I would trust buying one from Ebay. Prices from local dealers are all over the place, so shop around and ask other owners on this site.

#65568 - 09/09/03 02:08 PM Re: KN 7000
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Jerry,
sold my 9000pro just the other day, and haven't missed it for a minute. It went to a performer who required a 76 note keyboard ( so perfect for him).
Even though I've got a huge selection of styles ( bought from Simon svp world as well as freebies from the psr style group) I can still make use of them if I want to create midifile (song)from them. I use my xg works sequencer software and if I really want xg sounds I could get an xg sound module or use an xg soft synth, but they can also be played in the kn7 with a bit of sound & volume tweaking.

In short, I've got the best of both worlds. An amazing arranger in the kn7, and access to psr styles ( albeit only to create midifles) in the form of xg works.

Welcome to the amazing world of Technics ( haahaa)

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#65569 - 09/09/03 02:38 PM Re: KN 7000
fmlk4u Offline

Loc: Eindhoven, The Netherlands
For what it's worth< I like to emphasize another difference between the Technics and Yamaha topper. When you have the chance to look inside both the KN7000 and the Tyros, then you see the difference between a professionally looking KN7000 and plastic toy-like Tyros. Of course it's all about sound with keyboards. But if you want to take your keyboards to play on parties, it should better be also a good solid keyboard.

------------------
Kind Regards, Fred

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online